Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Petit Braquet - RIP

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

condolences to his family. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I just noticed this sticky on the forum now and it's something that I really didn't want to see. I'd seen him posting up to a few days ago.

RIP Padraig, le petit braquet. Much respect.
    My sympathy to his family

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

His strength he displayed in the face of his illness was amazing, I never met Padraig but admire his courage.
    Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

RIP Padraig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Very sad to learn this news. RIP Padraig. Having been through something similar with my own father a few years ago, I feel sure that his family will take heart, in time, from the tributes paid to Padraig, including the many posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

RIP Padraig.
    His post thanking all of you who participated in his charity cycle was truly moving,
    he came across a dignified, courageous and humble man. I'm sure it took incredible strength
    to share his story and then campaign to help others while desperately sick is an inspiration
    to us all.
    Sincere condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Sad news RiP LPB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

RIP LPB,

I have only seen this post now,I feel sick reading this news,going by his posts I had not expected this day was as near and the strength he has showing in his last few months is something that I can't describe with words, when I seen his first post for his charity sale it hit me to think that how someone could think of others in the way he did when he was going through something like this,I never did meet him but when I read his story it touched a nerve with me, I'm glad that I was able to have supported his fundraising efforts,I'm sure his story will stay with us forever,

RIP LBP,

Zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jules_G

Rest In Peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Just read this now. Same feeling of pure shock as I had when I read his post about the cancer and the terminal nature of it.

One of life's true gentlemen.

Rest in peace Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭LeoD

As a result of Padraig's initial post I got myself down to the GP so while it doesn't come anywhere near easing the pain his family are going through right now, it might be of some comfort to know what a positive and tangible impact he had on "practical strangers". Rest in peace Padraig.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know that his family have a tough few days ahead, getting through Christmas. For what its worth, people here are thinking of you guys.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Only seen this now, shocked and sick to read of his death.
    What a legend he became in the last few months of his life.

RIP Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

As with some, I did not know Padraig but the strength of character he showed in his last few months is inspirational, both on the forum and in his actions in raising awareness.

In the famous words of Dr. Seuss
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Just seen this now God Bless him I only spoke to him on the cycle a few months ago but boy is this a shock .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I didn't know Padraig, and as I don't read Cycling very often I wouldnt have really come across him on here. I happened to come across his fundraising efforts and subsequently the backround to them whilst scrolling through Boards one evening.

To say I felt humbled reading his posts is an understatement, a truly inspirational gentleman.

Rest in Peace Padraig, and to his family, you are in my heart at this most difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

RIP padraig never got the chance to meet you but the courage you showed was an inspiration to us all .

Advertisement