Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PS4 vs Xbox one thread in Games forum. A bit of over reaction in my books, but hey, I am not the one to call the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PS4 vs Xbox one thread in Games forum. A bit of over reaction in my books, but hey, I am not the one to call the shots.

Some stupid sh*t was posted but there was no need to close the f*cking thing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a shame, it was a decent thread.

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's a shame, it was a decent thread.

Yup.

I might leave Assassin's Creed in the plastic until Christmas, there's no point in starting a new game when I'm still balls deep in these FTP's and FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you have a problem with the thread closure, PM the mods to discuss it rather than pulling another thread in a different forum off topic.

We might reopen it after cleaning up some of the nonsense from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Snip, posted and there was already response by mod.

Will wait for thread to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was just the the same two people derailing it, one worst than the other in fairness, back open now.

Anyway back on track, who is looking forward to getting Don't Starve on PS Plus next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is it worth signing up for the PS+ pass now or holding off for a while to see what appears?

If you want to play online with games, and/or get Resogun for free, now is the time.

If not, then next month would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

zerks wrote: »
    Is it worth signing up for the PS+ pass now or holding off for a while to see what appears?

Resogun/Contrast & Sonic Racing
    Do it
    DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!

& WAR THUNDER

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers guys,strangely enough I actually don't like playing online.It's hard enough to get an hour or 2 to play games in peace in my house so when I do,I prefer to play the game as is without putting up with some annoying scrote from the far side of the world online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Cheers guys,strangely enough I actually don't like playing online.It's hard enough to get an hour or 2 to play games in peace in my house so when I do,I prefer to play the game as is without putting up with some annoying scrote from the far side of the world online.

I can understand this but ps+ is worth it for the free games every month alone even if you never play online. Although be aware that if you let your ps+ subscription run out you will lose access to those free games you got and if you re subscribe you get them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I can understand this but ps+ is worth it for the free games every month alone even if you never play online. Although be aware that if you let your ps+ subscription run out you will lose access to those free games you got and if you re subscribe you get them back.

So they stay in your library even after they stop becoming available on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Woo free game thanks Bobby!

ntFrovp.jpg

Small caps on PS3. Seems legit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi guys has anyone got the call of duty headset for 90 in gamestop wants to know if it's worth picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Wouldn't worry about that, there's a very very small percentage of mic users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

did you report that message to sony?....clearly a phishing scam.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Woo free game thanks Bobby!

ntFrovp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

Grayditch wrote: »
    I might leave Assassin's Creed in the plastic until Christmas, there's no point in starting a new game when I'm still balls deep in these FTP's and FIFA.

Just completed it. The game is like crack. Has your typical, boring Assassin's Creed moments, but for the majority it's fantastic. Great cast of characters, great setting, lovely looking for a cross console game. If you plan on hunting Great White Sharks or Killer Whales, make sure to upgrade your hunting boat!

I learned that the hard way. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

My machine keeps freezing anytime I watch netflix. For games it's grand.

Tried replacing the hdmi cable with an expensive one I have in my blu ray player and it's still happening.

Anyone else having trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Ok, it seems the netflix app was the problem, the advice was to delete it and re-install. finger crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Hey guys. Have a ps4 here but its a Christmas present. Would I be
    able to turn it on to check it works and turn it straight off without doing any updates or setting it up?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    able to turn it on to check it works and turn it straight off without doing any updates or setting it up?

Yeah you should be able to. If it's not connected to the internet then it won't update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

rafi bomb wrote: »

why not just download the latest firmware onto a flash drive and update it....then put t back in the box :)

http://ie.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item663045/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you charge the controller and download games when ps4 is in standby or does it have to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah you should be able to. If it's not connected to the internet then it won't update.

It worked!
    Turned it off at the select language screen.

It took a good 20 seconds to shut down and checked as it did. That's normal right?.......
    Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Can you charge the controller and download games when ps4 is in standby or does it have to be on?

Downloads I'm not 100% sure but as far as I can remember updates it can and controller yes it can be charged in standby.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

dmcdante wrote: »
    Hi guys has anyone got the call of duty headset for 90 in gamestop wants to know if it's worth picking up

I had last years set that were 90 quid, earforce kilo, were good so I'm sure the new ghosts set are pretty much identical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

If you plan on hunting Great White Sharks or Killer Whales, make sure to upgrade your hunting boat!

I learned that the hard way. :(

So basically what you're saying is, "we're gonna need a bigger boat"!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement