Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Where were you gone Sluts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Just talking to a few guys about rides in the Cheltenham Festival and horses coming from the clouds Wichita Lineman and Al Ferof obvious ones, but then thought of Dun Doire(I think it was him anyway for Martin and Ruby) would anyone know where to get a replay for this race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Curley 1, Paddy Mullins 0. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Curley 1, Paddy Mullins 0. :pac:

Got him good there alright, quite enjoyed that preview to be honest. The last one I was at had Davy Russell, Richard Johnson and Matt Chapman and have to say compared to this it was terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Intended on live tweeting it but got pissed instead. Probably my favourite preview ever. Got chatting to Curley after. Lovely bloke. Tom had a few choice words for handicaps at chelt. I'll throw them up tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Is it NFL draft day yet?

CHAMPION jockey Tony McCoy has admitted that this year's Cheltenham Festival will be one of his last as the record breaking rider heads towards his 40th birthday.

Read the full story at: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/a-p-mccoy-mccoy-this-cheltenham-likely-to-be-one-of-my-last/1615168/

This was a bit of an eye opener. McCoy has been champion jockey as long as I've followed racing and I've never been able to hide my admiration for him as a sportsman. But nothing goes on forever & he, Ruby Walsh et al will retire eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Dickie Johnson might get a title afterall.

The apparent proliferation of the word "sucks" is deeply worrying

The apparent proliferation of the word "sucks" is deeply worrying

The apparent proliferation of Leann Follain in bottled form on Tuesday night is far more of a cause for concern

• Advertisement

I fear you have been "nobbled"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Is aintree effectively a hangover and the fear combined from cheltenam...
    My strategy this year at aintree will be to find the horss most likely to lose and back him

The apparent proliferation of Leann Follain in bottled form on Tuesday night is far more of a cause for concern

my head hurts

Boy they were a tasty few bottles however

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ste2010 wrote: »
    Is aintree effectively a hangover and the fear combined from cheltenam...
    My strategy this year at aintree will be to find the horss most likely to lose and back him

Last years Aintree was a mugs paradise, nearly all the favs went in at short prices

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Boyles on the blink for anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Colonel my friend Tesco have Leainn Follain as well as some other beers at 4 for €9.
    As well as some other offers for some beer and cider festival.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Colonel my friend Tesco have Leainn Follain as well as some other beers at 4 for €9.
    As well as some other offers for some beer and cider festival.

Don't worry, I loaded the car up on Sunday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Don't worry, I loaded the car up on Sunday ;)

Haha good man. I went in for a sliced pan and a carton of milk there myself and dropped 60quid haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Soldado scored the weekend for Spurs, Ade now 2 ahead at 1/4, Soldado 11/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Guys. Got some friends here that still have accounts in Ireland as they are just passing through.

They want to know what Irish bookies are best to join for just phone accounts and to avail of new customer offers ?

So not powers or boyles as most if them already have an account with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Mulhollands in Galway still take phone bets i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kris ‏@kris1179 7m
    Looks like its is another Barney Curley Coup - 4.35 Giant Sequoia,5.25 Definite Secret 8.55 Vitznau and 7.25 Berka

Lads, I did a NRNB. Horse has now been scratched. When do I get the loot back, now or after the race at Cheltenham??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

BumperD wrote: »
    Lads, I did a NRNB. Horse has now been scratched. When do I get the loot back, now or after the race at Cheltenham??

Asked this in Boyles yesterday and was told as soon as the horse is a definite non runner. Not that I'd trust what shop staff say.

Was hoping to reinvest in another one before I head over.

BumperD wrote: »
    Was hoping to reinvest in another one before I head over.

Paid out today

One day left then a week off

Monday will be an absolutely outrageous drinking session. Montpelier won't know what hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

One day left then a week off

Monday will be an absolutely outrageous drinking session. Montpelier won't know what hit it

Finishing tommorow myself and not back until the 20th :D Wonder which will give in first, my heart, my liver or my wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Waiting on a phone call to start a new job. Hoping it doesn't come for another week now, especially as my stag is next Friday. Would be just typical to be told I'm starting Monday and working all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'll probably be the lad asleep in a corner of oneills at 11 o clock Monday night. Wake up then at half 8 to get the enhanced morning prices and so drunk I'll probably double the stake I planned

Advertisement