Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

We're back baby

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Great shout, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

7.50 Dundalk - Namazee. US pedigree and returns to synthetic surface after couple of average runs on turf. Form of run here few starts back looks very strong and easy to forgive any horse a poor run at Ballybrit. Shovel it on IMO.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Nice one harmless
    Hope mine does the business now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

7.50 Dundalk - Namazee. US pedigree and returns to synthetic surface after couple of average runs on turf. Form of run here few starts back looks very strong and easy to forgive any horse a poor run at Ballybrit. Shovel it on IMO.

Cracking shout. Fair play to you

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    History writer 8.05 Newmarket

Well balls on that anyway sorry lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Great shout mh

Didn't back it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Getting closer to the good stuff coming back #upthejumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

The Mig wrote: »
    Getting closer to the good stuff coming back #DundalkOnFridayNights

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

That's blatant on a different level, just shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

That happens every single day in America

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Fanny **** wrote: »

No harm

Not a bigger crook could you meet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Reading a new book that I picked up while back in UK, The Jumping Game with profiles of different trainers and some of their methods, quite interesting for those who want to get an insight on that side of the game, I’m only 50 pages in but enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lost a lot of horses,does not have the income for a good while now to service a large mortgage and we know the banks wont wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Tony's yard has been up for sale for years at previously higher prices. The fact it's now going to auction suggests to me that the banks are looking to make a quick sale.

With all that said though, don't get too excited about him quitting. If the yard is sold, I would still expect Tony to still be training horses. He must easily have 50-60 horses in training despite Gigginstown and Malcolm Denmark pulling their horses, so there's no reason why he can't just rent a stable and continue on and still make a living.

A move might be a good thing for him though. His strike rate is reaching Philip Rothwell levels of badness. Something very wrong going on there and it certainly isn't a virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Tony's yard has been up for sale for years at previously higher prices. The fact it's now going to auction suggests to me that the banks are looking to make a quick sale.

With all that said though, don't get too excited about him quitting. If the yard is sold, I would still expect Tony to still be training horses. He must easily have 50-60 horses in training despite Gigginstown and Malcolm Denmark pulling their horses, so there's no reason why he can't just rent a stable and continue on and still make a living.

A move might be a good thing for him though. His strike rate is reaching Philip Rothwell levels of badness. Something very wrong going on there and it certainly isn't a virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

A lot of his horses are sick and the ones that aren't are running quite well the last few months. Heard he picked up some nice horses for the upcoming NH season so you're right that he probably will continue on. I think he still has connections with the yard in Trimblestown so that might be where he moves to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Heurtevent is 8/1 tomorrow in the first at Worcester. Back to a shorter trip & course he likes he should be placed at least.

Also De Vegas Kid- 5.00 Brighton 11/2

• Advertisement

De Vegas kid 5pm Brighton

Heurtevent is 8/1 tomorrow in the first at Worcester. Back to a shorter trip & course he likes he should be placed at least.

Boom with a drift. My favourite type :D

Tidy :)

BumperD wrote: »
    Tidy :)

Indeed! :cool: I don't tip much, only ones I have a good grá on.

Didn’t realize you had put up de Vegas kid rule 4 killing in that one

naughto wrote: »
    Didn’t realize you had put up de Vegas kid rule 4 killing in that one

Grand 60ish/1 double for me though :D

Keep spreading the gra!

BumperD wrote: »
    Keep spreading the gra!

No pressure so!!! :D

Hopefully some of ye got on, know I'm a unusual poster here so confidence in me wouldn't be up to much.
    De Vegas Kid is booked for the 4.30 tomorrow at Brighton again but might chance Hollie Doyles ride 'War of Succession' at 5/1

Also Red Charmer goes great guns for Megan Nicholls. 7.30 Windsor 11/2

No pressure so!!! :D

Hopefully some of ye got on, know I'm a unusual poster here so confidence in me wouldn't be up to much.
    De Vegas Kid is booked for the 4.30 tomorrow at Brighton again but might chance Hollie Doyles ride 'War of Succession' at 5/1

Also Red Charmer goes great guns for Megan Nicholls. 7.30 Windsor 11/2

Serious drifter, which i don't like so c/o for a small loss and went with a small yankee of Jacbequick 6-4 (4.45 Ffos Las)/Live Dangerously 9-1 (3.00 Brighton)/Rollicking 7-2 (5.30 Windsor)/Rey Loopy 6-1 (7.20 Newcastle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tinpib

Rey Loopy 6-1 (7.20 Newcastle)

Rey Loopy was a Hugh Taylor pick today and was available at 12/1 before he posted it.

You also picked out Hugh Taylors pick De Disco Kid late on Saturday night for yesterday's racing, so before Hugh posted it.

You seem to have a good eye!

Advertisement