Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favourite DOS games?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I could look these up before I post but I'm going to go by memory and see how accurate I am.

Used to play Wolfenstein and if IIRC typing something like goobers after the code gave you suff like God Mode and level select, didn't lose your points unlike using the ILM cheat.

Also, Monkey Island had a genius bit in relation to the disks. There was a tree stump in the first one that you chose to look in and it said please insert disk ?. Can't remember the number but it was a number I didn't have. Searched everywhere for it and couldn't find it. Bugged me for a long time, no interenet or anything to tell me what I was missing.

It was years later when I was playing another Monkey Island (with unbelievably better graphics that there was an option to stick your head through a hole). Low and behold, your head appeared out of the tree trunk, in the crappy graphics of the first MI.

Genius designers with LucasArts.

Bear in mind, I may be totally wrong with some of the above, it's been years :o

You're dead on. It was Monkey Island 3 (Curse of monkey island) where you stick your head through from the other side :)

Advertisement