Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

GT89 wrote: »
    I know but the driving assessment is in an automatic car isn't it

They've switched to Nissan Leafs Afaik.

The 3 week training is sufficient because you already know how to drive, All they are doing is modifying your mindset to a large vehicle and beating the bad habits out of you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

LastStop wrote: »
    They've switched to Nissan Leafs Afaik.

The 3 week training is sufficient because you already know how to drive, All they are doing is modifying your mindset to a large vehicle and beating the bad habits out of you.

EVs are supposed to be the same as automatic transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

EVs are supposed to be the same as automatic transmission.

Yes hybrid and ev are now all auto....
    They usnt to be though....

The chief inspectors are going around in ev with db branding on them.

If you've never driven one all you need to know is, do not press the brake like you would in a manual.

The chief inspectors are going around in ev with db branding on them.

Yeah I've seen those cars in a colour similar to the new livery.

Is the cpc case study multiple choice like the theory test and is it much harder than the theory test which I found relatively easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

The cpc case study is multiple choice with the case studies on the left hand side of the screen and the questions on the right so basically the answers are in front of you, very hard to fail it.

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    The cpc case study is multiple choice with the case studies on the left hand side of the screen and the questions on the right so basically the answers are in front of you, very hard to fail it.

Sounds straight forward enough thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

Anybody get a start date anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joshr1233

CloneeBohs wrote: »
    Anybody get a start date anytime soon?

Have you got your start yet since they told you about waiting for place in driver school?

I was asked to send my driver statement license etc before March 5th so waiting on call now with date for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 James901

Joshr1233 wrote: »
    Have you got your start yet since they told you about waiting for place in driver school?

I was asked to send my driver statement license etc before March 5th so waiting on call now with date for interview.

How long were you waiting for a reply after doing the online written assessment?

• Advertisement

Got my date for driving assessment and interview on 9th March for anyone wondering on a timeline done the online assessment early jan and submitted documents on 25th Jan got the email yesterday so around a 4week wait

Got my date for driving assessment and interview on 9th March for anyone wondering on a timeline done the online assessment early jan and submitted documents on 25th Jan got the email yesterday so around a 4week wait

The very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

Got the call today, starting on the early march I'm delighted

James901 wrote: »
    How long were you waiting for a reply after doing the online written assessment?

About 3 weeks pal.

CloneeBohs wrote: »
    Got the call today, starting on the early march I'm delighted
    Great stuff. Best of luck

Did you get a date for your driving assessment/interview yet?

Did you get a date for your driving assessment/interview yet?

No not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soule26

Good Afternoon folks

I would like to ask how long you wait to reapply
    For Dublin bus after failing your driving assessments any
    Information I'm really appreciate thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

Soule26 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon folks

I would like to ask how long you wait to reapply
    For Dublin bus after failing your driving assessments any
    Information I'm really appreciate thanks

You can try again after 1 year,
    I have this information from a source that recently failed the driving assessment.

You can try again after 1 year,
    I have this information from a source that recently failed the driving assessment.

Thank you so much for the information I really appreciate

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for the information I really appreciate

Did you apply as a B licence or D licence?

If B, you can try your luck with Go ahead Ireland, they are nowhere near as good as Dublin Bus but it is another way to start your bus driving career

if D, Bus eireann are also looking for seasonal drivers.

Did you apply as a B licence or D licence?

If B, you can try your luck with Go ahead Ireland, they are nowhere near as good as Dublin Bus but it is another way to start your bus driving career

if D, Bus eireann are also looking for seasonal drivers.
    Hello

I applied as B license and they just failed me on progress .
    And I heard go head is not recruiting at moment.
    I would like to ask again, you told me after year I can applie again and but I want know from the date I fallen or from the date I applied first? Thank you

Hello

I applied as B license and they just failed me on progress .
    And I heard go head is not recruiting at moment.
    I would like to ask again, you told me after year I can applie again and but I want know from the date I fallen or from the date I applied first? Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that. Seems a bit unfair they'd fail you on progress it's not like you were driving dangerously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm sorry to hear that. Seems a bit unfair they'd fail you on progress it's not like you were driving dangerously.

You'll fail a driving test for lack of progress, which is what the assessment is.

How difficult is the driving assessment? Will it be the exact same as a driving test, turnabout, reverse around the corner etc? Does anybody have any info on the route taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

How difficult is the driving assessment? Will it be the exact same as a driving test, turnabout, reverse around the corner etc? Does anybody have any info on the route taken?

It's just a drive through Cabra to assess competence and road manner. It's not particularly taxing and personally I didn't do any rules of the road or reversing or whatever. Just a half hour drive.

Anyone have a rough time from driving assessment and interview to hearing the result ?? Thanks

Anyone have a rough time from driving assessment and interview to hearing the result ?? Thanks
    If you are successful on your driving assessment you will be invited for the interview straight after.
    Usually after the interview they will contact you in less than a week to invite you to do the medical assessment or to tell you that you haven't been successful depending on the situation.
    When you do the medical you will be told on the day if you are fit for the job or not.
    After passing the medical the waiting game begins before your references are called and you receive the phone call with the job offer you could be left waiting from a few weeks to a few months depending on your luck.

I sat my driving and interview on a Wednesday and on the Friday of the same week I got the email for the medical.
    After my medical I waited nearly 3 months for the call.

If you are successful on your driving assessment you will be invited for the interview straight after.
    Usually after the interview they will contact you in less than a week to invite you to do the medical assessment or to tell you that you haven't been successful depending on the situation.

I sat my driving and interview on a Wednesday and on the Friday of the same week I got the email for the medical.

Thank you, had interview and driving assessment late last week both went really well I think, hopefully hear back this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

As a short/medium-term option, they're not bad. Their training is very good and you can get onto a decent roster there very quickly. Also, after a year or two there, you're more or less guaranteed to be successful if you apply to Dublin Bus.

I'd be surprised if they weren't recruiting. If they aren't now, they almost certainly will be in the near future.

Advertisement