Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CloneeBohs wrote: »
    Any last advice/words of wisdom before driving bing assessment and potential interview?

Be nice, don't be afraid to ask questions, read up on safety and have an idea of what you would do in stressful situation or an incident.

If driving it will be in a car or use to be a van a hiace at that......
    Drive like in the test but try not to be over doing it, use your mirrors, try to cut out bad habits if any and take your time as no rush.

It's going to be basically customer care, satisfaction, safety for them, other road users, pedestrians and you.

Something not usually spoke about on here but look out for hazards such as parked vehicle and what could appear such as opening doors, children or adults stepping out etc etc so show you see these hazards by slowing down but also watching under the vehicle to the opposite side for feet or legs and if a car has just pulled in give it enough space if a door are to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

Be nice, don't be afraid to ask questions, read up on safety and have an idea of what you would do in stressful situation or an incident.

If driving it will be in a car or use to be a van a hiace at that......
    Drive like in the test but try not to be over doing it, use your mirrors, try to cut out bad habits if any and take your time as no rush.

It's going to be basically customer care, satisfaction, safety for them, other road users, pedestrians and you.

Something not usually spoke about on here but look out for hazards such as parked vehicle and what could appear such as opening doors, children or adults stepping out etc etc so show you see these hazards by slowing down but also watching under the vehicle to the opposite side for feet or legs and if a car has just pulled in give it enough space if a door are to open.

Thanks for that, appreciate it. Hopefully it goes well and nerves don't get the better of me, been 14 years since my last interview

Thanks for that, appreciate it. Hopefully it goes well and nerves don't get the better of me, been 14 years since my last interview

Wear something other then a tracksuit ;-)

Got past the driving assessment today to the interview, interview was questions about previous employment and how you would handle stress.

Hopefully went ok, I was nervous for the interview.

Anyone know how long they leave you sweating?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Got past the driving assessment today to the interview, interview was questions about previous employment and how you would handle stress.

Well done on driving and interview can I ask how long you had to wait after submitting documents to get the date for driving assesment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Best of luck

It says on the website the deadline is the 31st December 2021 now however when you click on the link on the website it still says the deadline is the 31st March 2021. Which is correct I'm hoping they've extended it as I need more time to do the Theory test and CPC case study also only have my B licence 1.5 years atm and the requirement is 2 years.

I have my theory test online in two weeks and if I pass that I'll do the CPC case study online. I've heard the recruitment process is slow enough so I'm thinking if that's the case it may not matter if I haven't had the licence for the full two years at the time I apply as by the time I get called for assessment I will have had the licence two years.

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    Well done on driving and interview can I ask how long you had to wait after submitting documents to get the date for driving assesment

I think it was around 6 weeks after I did the online assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

You'll get an email by the end of the week to invite you for the medical,

don't worry about the interview I was speechless in mine couldn't put 2 words together and still went through
    congratulations and best of luck you're nearly there ;)

don't worry about the interview I was speechless in mine couldn't put 2 words together and still went through

Fingers crossed 🀞

• Advertisement

Is the medical before references check?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soule26

Hi
    Well done and I would like to ask you if after your driving and your interview assessments did they asked you to do an other writing assessments ? Thank you

Soule26 wrote: »
    Hi
    Well done and I would like to ask you if after your driving and your interview assessments did they asked you to do an other writing assessments ? Thank you

Yes they did very simple

Is the medical before references check?

yes reference check would be the last thing before the call with the job offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joshr1233

Hi guys I done the online assessment Friday 29th of Jan and haven't heard back yet does anybody know how long it usually takes for them to get in touch after the online assessment?

Joshr1233 wrote: »
    Hi guys I done the online assessment Friday 29th of Jan and haven't heard back yet does anybody know how long it usually takes for them to get in touch after the online assessment?

Only a few days ago, don't panic.

Could be a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joshr1233

Only a few days ago, don't panic.

Could be a few weeks

Thanks mate.

was just wondering if I was supposed to receive a confirmation email or not, started wondering if put the right email address on the assessment 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Joshr1233 wrote: »
    Thanks mate.

was just wondering if I was supposed to receive a confirmation email or not, started wondering if put the right email address on the assessment ��

Hi Give HR a Ring And Ask,Same Happened To Me And They Let Me Know That They Had Received it.
    PH:(01) 703 3063;)

Got called for medical, delighted

Fair play Pal!
    expect to start the job in a month or 2 from now,

took 3 months for me to start after the medical but thats because the training centre was shut last year when the pandemic started, its running as normal at the moment so it should be vert swiftly for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Congrats, hope all goes well for you

Well done

Thanks everyone, all your help is very much appreciated.

I'll try to be active on here as much as I can to help out others in the process, it's nice to be able to get information of people who don't have to be so helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Only advise I'll give you is tell the CMO as little as possible. I told him I broke my leg in 2002 and I was told to go off and get medical reports on it and the hospital discharge papers. Luckly I managed to do it in one day, but I know a chap who gave a more detailed history and it held him up for weeks while trying to get all the reports then waiting on the final CMO decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Only advise I'll give you is tell the CMO as little as possible. I told him I broke my leg in 2002 and I was told to go off and get medical reports on it and the hospital discharge papers. Luckly I managed to do it in one day, but I know a chap who gave a more detailed history and it held him up for weeks while trying to get all the reports then waiting on the final CMO decision.

That 1000 times.

Don't lie but don't volunteer anything that might get them interested either.

Not only could it delay your application but once you are on their radar you will have a standing order to be called back every year.

CMO is there for the company's benefit, not yours. Go to your GP for your own medical issues, once appointed you will qualify for the GP scheme, a small weekly stipend covering GP appointments (but only with a selected GP practice on the CIE list)

I'm just touching overweight on the BMI, anything else that shows up will be news to me to I'll probably be glad of it once it doesn't prevent me getting the job. What do they check exactly

One of the best advices anyone has ever given here you are so right!

They will check you down to your bones if you give them a reason for it!

I have a small scar on my arm from a childhood accident, and he started asking if I ever self harmed and about my mental history and all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I'm just touching overweight on the BMI, anything else that shows up will be news to me to I'll probably be glad of it once it doesn't prevent me getting the job. What do they check exactly

Hieght, weight, Eyes, Hearing, Flexibility.

Urine piss test, Finger prick blood test, ECG

Ask about medical history and scars you may have and sees during the exam. He will even measure them.

Like previously mentioned give as little information as possible. So if you fell out of a tree and got concussion keep it to yourself. I know a girl who got rejected on a back injury she gave information on, when if she had said nothing she'd have a job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I got a twitch in my eye the day of my medical and it was like the Spanish Inquisition the amount of interrogation I got about it... I pleaded for an eye wash and I'll show you its just dust and she was having none of it until it went away :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Tipping overweight on the BMI scale is quite healthy. I sailed through on the other side . 30. Guys in the middle of the obese numbers (that passed) have had to attend a yearly check up. At least the guys I started with.

I do find that that this job requires alot of effort to keep the weight down.
    And the slop they serve in the canteen, along with the mountain size portions do little to help.

Best avoid Earl Place and bring a lunch ..

Advertisement