Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Kailo wrote: »
    The closing date for applications was 31st of January so if u put in in February it's to late

Sorry my mistake the application was sent on mid of January not February.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justinrth

Hi there,

Could anyone give an example of what hours the new recruits do?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

justinrth wrote: »
    Hi there,

Could anyone give an example of what hours the new recruits do?
    Thanks

In training its around 8 to 4 or so.

Lates would be Thursday, Fri, sat, sun or Fri, sat, sun, Mon.

Hours be like 14.30 or after to 12 or 1 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kailo

In training its around 8 to 4 or so.

Lates would be Thursday, Fri, sat, sun or Fri, sat, sun, Mon.

Hours be like 14.30 or after to 12 or 1 am.

How long does it take to get on the 5 day shift and will u still have to do lates on 5 day shift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Kailo wrote: »
    How long does it take to get on the 5 day shift and will u still have to do lates on 5 day shift

It could take from a few weeks to a year+. Depending on the garage and its needs.

And yes you will have to do a wide variety of shifts mostly consisting of nights on the 5 day also.

• Advertisement

Early one week late the next but anyone's guess of what early or late are can be up in the clouds.

You could start at 7am for a late and 11 or 12 for early all depends what duties are there.

Latest usually 1430 onwards till 12 to after 1am.
    Early could be finished at 2150 at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Anyone any tips on what to wear first day of training? Do u get uniform on first day?

085andym wrote: »
    Anyone any tips on what to wear first day of training? Do u get uniform on first day?

Jeans and T-shirt jumper etc. You will be familiarized with all parts and brought to get your uniform.

No need for formal wear like a suit or anything mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

If you have your uniform (as in second day of training) can you park in Broadstone or are spaces very scarce? Does anyone know?

Lola7301 wrote: »
    If you have your uniform (as in second day of training) can you park in Broadstone or are spaces very scarce? Does anyone know?

Parking in broad stone down the end but with what's happening with bus eireann Monday will be a problem as won't be able to cross picket on depot.

• Advertisement

So will training be going ahead then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Just report to the training school as you have been instructed. During the Dublin Bus pickets, any new staff, apprentices etc. were allowed in to work as they were training, and not part of any dispute. I would assume that this would apply to new driver trainees also. Anyway, I reckon the training school will have arrangements in place beforehand. Good Luck in the new job and don't be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Lola7301 wrote:
    So will training be going ahead then ?

The gate into phibsboro garage where we'll be training are separate to the gates into broadstone where b.e operate so we shouldn't have to pass any pickets to get in. Hopefully anyway...

Yea hopefully lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Hi guys, Just got a Job offer yesterday after a long wait..i did my medical on November and was told i passed it the same day

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi guys, Just got a Job offer yesterday after a long wait..i did my medical on November and was told i passed it the same day

Congrats!! What depot are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Congrats!! What depot are you going to?

After training it will be Harristown

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justinrth

Well done!! I passed the medical in December and still waiting. Hopefully hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busmantom

It's mad how long they leave people waiting for a reply etc. I went for a interview for engineering operative and heard nothing back and took another job then got call for medical but had settled in my new job and didn't follow up on it, had I got a call back earlier I would have loved to try the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

busmantom wrote: »
    It's mad how long they leave people waiting for a reply etc. I went for a interview for engineering operative and heard nothing back and took another job then got call for medical but had settled in my new job and didn't follow up on it, had I got a call back earlier I would have loved to try the job.

Are you going for it? The bus driving job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Junipers

Has anyone heard anything since the written assessment in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Junipers wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything since the written assessment in January?

I'm sure all recruitment has been placed on hold for now as the NTA will being awarding the 10% of routes to someone.

If DB win the tender then the recruitment process will continue. If they don't win the tender I'm afraid you could be waiting a while to hear back as the need for new drivers will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adz247

Thanks Liger for the update.
    Had my written assessment in January and the only thing keeping me positive is that they said on the day, that the earliest you will hear anything will be late June due to the number of applicants and interviews to be done so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adz247

Thanks Liger for the update.
    Had my written assessment in January and the only thing keeping me positive is that they said on the day, that the earliest you will hear anything will be late June due to the number of applicants and interviews to be done so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

A BIT OFF TOPIC ,

We run a 15 seater bus to Liverpool for football games, looking for a Liverpool supporting bus driver willing to carry us over for Saturday 3.00 games , over on the 0810 ferry , back on the 2030 ferry.
    Match ticket & meals included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So it looks like you'll looks like you'll have to send your cvs into go-ahead and not DB from now on.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-bus-loses-out-on-tender-3538912-Aug2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Stephen15 wrote: »
    So it looks like you'll looks like you'll have to send your cvs into go-ahead and not DB from now on.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-bus-loses-out-on-tender-3538912-Aug2017/

Not good news for those on the waiting list alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

liger wrote: »
    Not good news for those on the waiting list alright.

This isn't happening for 18 months DB will continue to hire, and it will still be the same size after these buses have gone to Go Ahead, If DB had won they would have hired more, but they will still be hiring.

If you do get in be fully prepared to have no life and no set hours or even know what you will be doing.

No prospect of ever getting marked in.

I seriously do hate how this country is being sold off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

If you do get in be fully prepared to have no life and no set hours or even know what you will be doing.

No prospect of ever getting marked in.

Driving a bus sounds like the kind of job that might suit you better if your single and don't have whole lot of commitments.

Advertisement