Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Hi. Did someone know the adress of the clinic where is the medical test? I was on the road and i didn't understand well the adress. I know it is 98 malbourne Dublin 1. Im sure i didn't understand the name of the street. Thanks and good luck to all.

When did you do your driving assessment and interview? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Hi. Did someone know the adress of the clinic where is the medical test? I was on the road and i didn't understand well the adress. I know it is 98 malbourne Dublin 1. Im sure i didn't understand the name of the street. Thanks and good luck to all.
    98 Marlboro street Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 blackduck38

threegreen wrote: »
    When did you do your driving assessment and interview? ?

I did have the driving assessment and the interview on 02.03.2015.

Sisco14 wrote: »
    98 Marlboro street Dublin 1.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Eirpoker

Did my driving test and interview yesterday. Received phone call this morning for medical on the 26th of March. Delighted!
    Is weight an issue at the medical?, worried a bit because I'm carrying weight. Good luck to every one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Hi there,
    Did my driving test and interview on 06/03/2015 but didn't receive any thing up to date. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Eirpoker wrote: »
    Did my driving test and interview yesterday. Received phone call this morning for medical on the 26th of March. Delighted!
    Is weight an issue at the medical?, worried a bit because I'm carrying weight. Good luck to every one.

Hi there,
    Did my driving test and interview on 06/03/2015 but didn't receive any thing up to date. Any suggestions?

I would be surprised at this stage if they didn't let you know either way if you were through to the next stage, however it seems they do phone within a couple of days to invite you to a medical, this was in my case and it seems in a couple of other cases with guys who posted lately, I would wait till lunch-time tomorrow and if You haven't heard anything Maybe consider an email or phone call, just asking if there is any updates.
    Personally I would like to know either way so I could move on, nothing worse then waiting on a call, and think positive, your not in but your not out either.

halimc220 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I agree with Sisco14. No harm to give them a call in a couple of days if you haven't heard anything. Some people have been called within a day or two and others later on. So you are still in with a shout.

Anyone know what happens after the medical?

It took a couple of weeks before I got a phone call after the medical, I suppose it takes a while for test results to come back.

• Advertisement

I did have the driving assessment and the interview on 02.03.2015.

I was book on medical test on 1st of April. I was think i didn't understand well. Better later than nothing.

It took a couple of weeks before I got a phone call after the medical, I suppose it takes a while for test results to come back.

Did they tell you in that day if you pass the medical or not?

The doctor told me that the results have to be checked by the head doctor but they should be ok.

Does anyone know why there is no parking in phibsboro garage while in training? As it turns out it probably suits me to park and get the Lucas into the four courts and walk up, but what if I'm assigned to the garage and I'm working lates? I'm assuming there is car park facilities available, is it the same in all garages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

The doctor told me that the results have to be checked by the head doctor but they should be ok.

Does anyone know why there is no parking in phibsboro garage while in training? As it turns out it probably suits me to park and get the Lucas into the four courts and walk up, but what if I'm assigned to the garage and I'm working lates? I'm assuming there is car park facilities available, is it the same in all garages?

Luas works have swallowed up most of the parking space there I'd imagine, you might be OK to park in the DB part of broadstone though its right next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

I applied about three weeks ago right after I passed my driving test, I called them last week to double check they have my application and they said I would hear when the next aptitude test is? Are there any time frames that anybody could tell me??

So badly want this worked really hard to get the licence and the that, getting a bit worried to be honest.

It took over a month before I got a letter to go to the aptitude test, it takes a while, the one thing you need is patience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

It took over a month before I got a letter to go to the aptitude test, it takes a while, the one thing you need is patience!!

Please god ill hear something soon so, tired of bouncing job to job, sales door to door chugging and the likes, need some stability for the wife and kids and this is perfect for me.

I applied about three weeks ago right after I passed my driving test, I called them last week to double check they have my application and they said I would hear when the next aptitude test is? Are there any time frames that anybody could tell me??

So badly want this worked really hard to get the licence and the that, getting a bit worried to be honest.
    Yep we all worked hard to cough up the money for the lessons, test, licence etc etc and the cpc. Sit tight, you'll hear soon, patients is required with dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MaciG

Hello.

If everything goes well, about how long it takes from the first interview to somebody become a bus driver? (training, tests,etc,)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lancer27

Hello Dublin Bus workers
    I have a problem, please help me.
    I applied for the DB for driver position around december on the net and the company sent me a letter on post
    at 7. january for an assessment invitation for 17. of Jan. But the problem is the then girlfriend didnt handed the
    letter for me till middle of february, till the day when we are separated and I am already missed the date with a month.
    she said to me: - "look this letter was between the junkmail i think this is your"
    I went to the O'Connell office and they said they will send me an other letter
    but I am not live on the same address anymore and I am afraid my ex even if I ask she will not give me the letter.
    so this was more than a month ago and still nothing...

if I apply for a job through the internet why they answer to the application in post and even dont call me,
    what if the postman drunk and put the letter on the wrong postbox or you have a crazy girlfriend like I had than?

if someone know when is the next assessment please let me know

thank you
    all the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lancer27 wrote: »
    Hello Dublin Bus workers
    I have a problem, please help me.
    I applied for the DB for driver position around december on the net and the company sent me a letter on post
    at 7. january for an assessment invitation for 17. of Jan. But the problem is the then girlfriend didnt handed the
    letter for me till middle of february, till the day when we are separated and I am already missed the date with a month.
    she said to me: - "look this letter was between the junkmail i think this is your"
    I went to the O'Connell office and they said they will send me an other letter
    but I am not live on the same address anymore and I am afraid my ex even if I ask she will not give me the letter.
    so this was more than a month ago and still nothing...

if I apply for a job through the internet why they answer to the application in post and even dont call me,
    what if the postman drunk and put the letter on the wrong postbox or you have a crazy girlfriend like I had than?

if someone know when is the next assessment please let me know

thank you
    all the best

If you are that interested in the job call them and explain that you have moved and if they have sent a letter you have no way of getting from old address.

If you are that interested in the job call them and explain that you have moved and if they have sent a letter you have no way of getting from old address.

So the full story is when I got my late letter after first I am e-mailed the women
    who address was there but no reply.
    After I called them than they said they will call me back but they didnt.
    Than I went to the head office with the letter where is the security took the letter in the
    office and he come back with the answer I will get a new letter.
    So looks like they built a wall around themselves and they dont like to direct communicate
    with the applicant.

You need to find your ex girlfriend and spank her little bottom for messing up your application. If I were you I'd just apply again like you did the first time, it would be less hassle by the sounds of it.

Thank you for the fast answers guys!
    i will try again for aply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

So the full story is when I got my late letter after first I am e-mailed the women
    who address was there but no reply.
    After I called them than they said they will call me back but they didnt.
    Than I went to the head office with the letter where is the security took the letter in the
    office and he come back with the answer I will get a new letter.
    So looks like they built a wall around themselves and they dont like to direct communicate
    with the applicant.

Can you blame them? It was your girlfriends fault, the drunk postman, Dublin Bus for daring to use formal letters to communicate with you. I wouldn't be desperate to speak to you either, nor would I be putting your application to the top of the pile, you'd better hope Dublin Bus HR are more accomodating to that sort of nonsense than I am.

Silly question lads.....is your drivers licence sufficient photo ID for the medical or do they need your passport??

Silly question lads.....is your drivers licence sufficient photo ID for the medical or do they need your passport??

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Can you blame them? It was your girlfriends fault, the drunk postman, Dublin Bus for daring to use formal letters to communicate with you. I wouldn't be desperate to speak to you either, nor would I be putting your application to the top of the pile, you'd better hope Dublin Bus HR are more accomodating to that sort of nonsense than I am.

No I am just wanted to say:
    This is simple, if you apply for anything on the internet you expect the answer on the same way. Or the 100% way is the phonecall.
    The letter is nice but old system. I have been live in old apartments in my life where
    6-7 apartments was in the stairways and all the letters arrived on the little hole on the
    main door of the house and landed on the floor. Hundreds of the letters was
    piled from people who dont live there anymore.
    So there is thousand ways for mistakes, I am just tried to be funny with the drunk postman, but why not we are in Ireland :-)
    And because of this I am in double trouble again, because I am not just depend again
    on my ex girlfriend kindness, but I am kms away from there.
    And the Dublin Bus have a rule which say you can apply only once a year for them.

But any way thank you for your answer and for your time to spent on my problem.
    I believe in fate maybe there is a good reason behind everything why.
    And I will not give up ;-)

Take care and thanx again...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MaciG

And the Dublin Bus have a rule which say you can apply only once a year for them.

I think it is means if the circumstances hasn't changed. For example: If you were declined because you not have CPC you should not apply again, unless you got CPC.

• Advertisement

Anybody know what the medical involves? Got mine tomorrow.

How long before you hear back afterwards?

Advertisement