Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FC Pro Clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Clan members sound so official. No interest in a clan club.

Here if it means that much to you, I'll leave Boards FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

miralize wrote: »
    well that's strange then, because I know I didn't say those words.

I did say you're more than welcome to start your own club, but in never said it was my club. Semantics, but it's the truth.

The truth? Bah! You've been talking mostly nonsense in all your posts on this thread since last night.

I asked you last night who exactly are you referring to in one of your posts when you said ball hogging and general stupidity?

And I said I wasnt going to go into specific people, but mostly you.

I'm done with Boards FC, you can join, I'll make you captain then I'm off. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So... There isn't a club now?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So... There isn't a club now?

There still is a club. Miralize just kicked myself and Parawind from the club last night.

We got up to division 3 last night.

• Advertisement

There still is a club. Miralize just kicked myself and Parawind from the club last night.

We got up to division 3 last night.

I kicked you temporarily because we were doing ****. You wanted to play on, I didnt. Work away now if you so wish..

I was pretty happy with how I played last night, especially in midfield, and others played very well also. Miju got a great assist in our last game.

There was 5 of us still in the match lobby looking to play on but you carried on like a child a kicked 2 of us from the club and soured the nights gaming.

Also I have to add this about you accusing me of ball hogging and general stupidity earlier. I finished with a match rating of 9.3 in 1 game I played and made 39 passes with 80 something % pass accuracy, and I am not the one who in the past intentionally got the Boards FC team relegated by playing as a winger, constantly calling for the ball from the AI, and just repeatedly trying to run into goal yourself and refusing to pass the ball to anyone else for the entire 90 minutes.

It lost us the game and got us relegated. Everyone playing last night knows about that because they remember me giving out about for months any time your name and pro clubs were mentioned in the same sentence.

I was pretty happy with how I played last night, especially in midfield, and others played very well also. Miju got a great assist in our last game.

Good cross good goal, but we did lose that game 3-1. Bored out of my mind in the games that we played.
    There was 5 of us still in the match lobby looking to play on but you carried on like a child a kicked 2 of us from the club and soured the nights gaming.

You still on about this? Yes I kicked one of you, Parawind, by accident. Told him on chat & apologised.
    Also I have to add this about you accusing me of ball hogging and general stupidity earlier. I finished with a match rating of 9.3 in 1 game I played and made 39 passes with 80 something % pass accuracy, and I am not the one who in the past intentionally got the Boards FC team relegated by playing as a winger, constantly calling for the ball from the AI, and just repeatedly trying to run into goal yourself and refusing to pass the ball to anyone else for the entire 90 minutes.

I was emulating you tbh. You tend to call for the ball in stupid areas, turn into tackles, only focused on shooting rather than bringing others into the game. It's not a 1v1, there are 4-5 other people to play in. Guarantee we'd have lost that game regardless of my díckery. I was
    It lost us the game and got us relegated. Everyone playing last night knows about that because they remember me giving out about for months any time your name and pro clubs were mentioned in the same sentence.

For months? Jaysus lad I hope you're alright now. Enjoy your Boards FC.

The reason we lost that game was we had a CAM who didn't play in position looking to play through the strikers or spread the play wide to the wingers for a cross. That CAM was you.

Parawind said in party chat last night that you probably kicked him because he was the only other manager of the club so he wouldn't be able to let me join back in and I would have to agree with him. I'd say you're just lying about kicking him by accident like you have done already about what you said in party chat before you stormed off out of party chat.

I can't even think of anything to say about that last part apart from, bah ha! :D

I'm not going to get into what happened last night.

But what I will say, is that 8 is far too many for clubs.

3 is the optimum as it gives 2 strikers and a CAM.

The ANY can take wings and CDM and generally best to go CAM with the pro.

With 4 you can play a 4-2-2-2 and it doesn't impede on positions too much.

Any more than that and there's too many IMO, it's grand when you're a striker either way, but playing CDM or a wing isn't much fun and you have the problem as ANY where you're controlling players off screen which makes things difficult having to use the radar.

Prob best to have two different clubs, we should have played two 4s last night with 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was really enjoying those games last night. I hadn't played Fifa in months and was delighted to have a few boards gamers on for pro clubs.

Its a shame that it ended suddenly because I would have preferred to talk strategy and bring that into the next game instead of the abrupt ending to a nights gaming.

I'm not going to get into what happened last night.

But what I will say, is that 8 is far too many for clubs.

3 is the optimum as it gives 2 strikers and a CAM.

The ANY can take wings and CDM and generally best to go CAM with the pro.

With 4 you can play a 4-2-2-2 and it doesn't impede on positions too much.

Any more than that and there's too many IMO, it's grand when you're a striker either way, but playing CDM or a wing isn't much fun and you have the problem as ANY where you're controlling players off screen which makes things difficult having to use the radar.

Prob best to have two different clubs, we should have played two 4s last night with 8.

I can see EA sports dropping the ANY position in clubs maybe in fifa15 or 16.

When playing with just 3 and someone controlling an ANY it just becomes which team has the better ANY and that person just carries the team.

Whereas with filling the team with as many players and having the AI control the rest if needed it becomes a test of who the better team is and who can play the best football because Fifa is supposed to be a football simulator and Pro Clubs is the only game mode that comes close to being a simulator as in seasons the AI does all the off the ball work for you.

When playing with just 3 and someone controlling an ANY it just becomes which team has the better ANY and that person just carries the team.

Whereas with filling the team with as many players and having the AI control the rest if needed it becomes a test of who the better team is and who can play the best football because Fifa is supposed to be a football simulator and Pro Clubs is the only game mode that comes close to being a simulator as in seasons the AI does all the off the ball work for you.

:confused:

If anything it's the furthest thing from football simulation. A bunch of 5'6" strikers with blue afros and fingerless gloves sprinting onto throughballs and firing in shots from 40 yards.

So you think that a team with nearly 11 players controlling their own pros than 1 person controlling 1 player while the AI controls the movement of the rest of your players? I thought that one would of been a no brainer really.

Anyway this whole drama caused by Miralize is done and dusted as he has set up his own club called "hoof it in FC" which is obviously a childish dig at myself. Its what I would expect from someone who makes comments like, its my team, I dont want to play that way etc etc.

Excuse me, but not everything is about you...

"Hoof It In FC" is a pre-match tactic I have conjured up in order to throw off the opposition. The ultimate Trojan Horse if you will.

I would like a formal apology written up by 9am Monday.

Also why are brining me up? It's done & dusted as you said, but you keep on trying to namedrop me at every opportunity. I think you're obsessed tbh.

So you think that a team with nearly 11 players controlling their own pros than 1 person controlling 1 player while the AI controls the movement of the rest of your players? I thought that one would of been a no brainer really.

Anyway this whole drama caused by Miralize is done and dusted as he has set up his own club called "hoof it in FC" which is obviously a childish dig at myself. Its what I would expect from someone who makes comments like, its my team, I dont want to play that way etc etc.

I think there is very little realism or simulation about pro clubs. The concept of 11 v 11 should offer more sim gameplay, you're right there, but the reality is more like Pokemon meets Pro Evo.

Also nobody seems to think about the middle men here, the lads who have both Miralize and Royal 1rish on their friends list. Sometimes I just want to pop on for a few games of clubs. Now I have to leave one club to play with one group, then leave and re-join to play with the other. I don't want to pick sides in the East Coast/West Coast, Bigge/Tupac, Daddy or Chips drama!

Yeah it can be like pro evo and pokamon with some teams but when you have 8, 9, 10 players online and playing their positions it can be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thanks for the games tonight lads good craic..

Also thanks to royal for giftin me loads to boost my ratings.....

Wrong thread Basher. You were playing in Aeghnor's team which has its thread here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057088631

Fantastic night with nearly a full team playing. We played that KUN team 2 more times after you went offline. Of the 4 games we played against them we won the first one 1-0, then lost 5-1, then we beat them 3-0, and then in the last game which we had to win we went 1-0 up, then they drew level, then they went ahead 2-1, then we got it to 2-2 in the 83rd minute, and got a late winner just before the ref blew the whistle. It was an epic game.

• Advertisement

That was a great night of pro clubs. Thanks for the games lads.

Wrong thread Basher. You were playing in Aeghnor's team which has its thread here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057088631

Fantastic night with nearly a full team playing. We played that KUN team 2 more times after you went offline. Of the 4 games we played against them we won the first one 1-0, then lost 5-1, then we beat them 3-0, and then in the last game which we had to win we went 1-0 up, then they drew level, then they went ahead 2-1, then we got it to 2-2 in the 83rd minute, and got a late winner just before the ref blew the whistle. It was an epic game.
    Ah sound Ill stick my nose into aeghnors thread so didnt know there was more than one team set up cheers again..

when miju was getting abused by the home fans it was funny as ****

Maybe they will since they did it from drop ins, but if they did take that step I wouldn't play again.

It's tedious playing with the AI and while I get what ya mean about who has the better ANY, I'd prefer it to a situation where it's ''who can attack the AI better''.
    Football is too complicated for AI, and it's the only sports game where I just flat out can't play AI.
    I'd actually prefer letting someone who's weak at the game take ANY than play with two AI's, those games are boring as ****, the AI never commits to tackles etc and the general unpredictability that makes football great.

To a certain degree as well, an ANY can't carry bad players unless you just avoid passing it to them.

Anyway, I'm open to playing with either club if there's two now.
    But as mentioned, only if there's <4 and using an ANY.
    Just don't enjoy it otherwise.

Anyone on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Anyone on now?

Really........ with you? ......ooooooh snap!

We got promotion without you, just sayin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

We got promotion without you, just sayin :P

Well colour me impressed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Excuse me, but not everything is about you...

"Hoof It In FC" is a pre-match tactic I have conjured up in order to throw off the opposition. The ultimate Trojan Horse if you will.

I would like a formal apology written up by 9am Monday.

Also why are brining me up? It's done & dusted as you said, but you keep on trying to namedrop me at every opportunity. I think you're obsessed tbh.

You tell him LAD. The only good player that still plays on here is Parawind anyway. The rest are clueless and lack a footballing brain. Night folks!

Lamposts wrote: »
    You tell him LAD. The only good player that still plays on here is Parawind anyway. The rest are clueless and lack a footballing brain. Night folks!

LMFAO.... jaysus i see some pubs are still doin happy hour

• Advertisement

LMFAO.... jaysus i see some pubs are still doin happy hour

He tells it how it is, except when he gets his own delusions of grandeur :P

Advertisement