Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FC Pro Clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'll play today/over the next few days, if anyone sees me on feel free to message me.

Anyone fancy some clubs later tonight?

Yes. I'll play for sure.

Time?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes. I'll play for sure.

Time?

Not fussed. Send me a message on Xbox whenever you're on and I can come on. I should get the message via Smartglass.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Anyone fancy some clubs later tonight?

Let me know what time ye're heading on, post back to this thread.

10pm?

Ill nip on then so.

Ill nip on then so.

...10ish I might be a little late, 10.05-10.10?

On now.

• Advertisement

Anyone on tonigt? Good games on Monday.

Yeah ill play a bit tonight.

Ya I'll be on later, if ye're on and there's no sign of me then just post here and I'll nip online otherwise it'll be between 10-11.

Mikey, when I was on my hub page I saw you'd a highlight from when we were playing and just clicked out of curiosity(was just one of the compulsory ones), noticed you had those stupid indicators on that come as default.

If you don't want circles showing who you should be marking, you can turn that off in the settings.
    They can be offputting when you already understand where a player should be by position, more for noobs.

Yep I'm not going to be on again until 10:30 ish

Im on now

Ya I'll be on later, if ye're on and there's no sign of me then just post here and I'll nip online otherwise it'll be between 10-11.

Mikey, when I was on my hub page I saw you'd a highlight from when we were playing and just clicked out of curiosity(was just one of the compulsory ones), noticed you had those stupid indicators on that come as default.

If you don't want circles showing who you should be marking, you can turn that off in the settings.
    They can be offputting when you already understand where a player should be by position, more for noobs.

Yeah they are pretty annoying, just assumed they were standard.

Have a few highlights so gonna throw them in a Boards FC mini-montage.

Anyone on?.

Or anyone new to the thread interested?.

Apart from clubs, I'd trade FIFA in so wouldn't mind playing it more.

The only mode I can stomach, of this mess that was 2014.

im on, diz might come on, but i think he has to stay in his club.

Is he the last man standing in his club?.

I'm sure if not he can make a temp manager and leave, the warning only seems to being the last man leaving the club.

I'll be on in a few anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

bad form what happened tonight with banning and continually kicking other boards members and then making the club private.

Its the Boards FC club and no one member should be kicking other members from the club for no reasons, especially with comments of "its my club" etc.

Very bad form

• Advertisement

Look its a game. A multiplayer game. It should be inclusive I agree. But what I dont appreciate is ball hogging, & general stupidry which ruins the game for others. It's not enjoyable.

Happy to cede the Boards FC title if you want it, but if all you guys play is hoofball there is no point playing in this specific club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Look its a game. A multiplayer game. It should be inclusive I agree. But what I dont appreciate is ball hogging, & general stupidry which ruins the game for others. It's not enjoyable.

Happy to cede the Boards FC title if you want it, but if all you guys play is hoofball there is no point playing in this specific club.

You want to play tiki taka Barcalona style football but some of the players in the club, including yourself are not good enough to play like that.

All I said is that we should mix it up and just don't completely abandon little things like eh, crossing which you are obviously totally against. The last game we played before you Miralize kicked people from the club, we lost 3-1 and the goal we scored came from the games only cross for the entire 90 minutes.

You acted like a spoiled child tonight with comments like this is my club and I don't play like that, and go start your own club.

This is the Boards FC club representing Boards.ie on Fifa and it should be open to all Boards.ie users no matter what their skill level, playing style, or how regularly they can play.

You want to play tiki taka Barcalona style football but some of the players in the club, including yourself are not good enough to play like that.

All I said is that we should mix it up and just don't completely abandon little things like eh, crossing which you are obviously totally against. The last game we played before you Miralize kicked people from the club, we lost 3-1 and the goal we scored came from the games only cross for the entire 90 minutes.

You acted like a spoiled child tonight with comments like this is my club and I don't play like that, and go start your own club.

This is the Boards FC club representing Boards.ie on Fifa and it should be open to all Boards.ie users no matter what their skill level, playing style, or how regularly they can play.

That's your opinion and you may be true. But I'd much rather attempt "Tiki-taka" than pump balls into the box at all angles.

Spoilt as in you playing St 99% of the time? No other players get into that position if youre there. And thats not fair. I never once said its my club, but I did say that there is no point in working the ball in like that with me in the team because if I do get the ball its not what I look to do.

That cross worked, and it will work, because its Fifa 14. But whats the point scoring the same goal 1000 times?? Its boring.

As I said in my prev post, happy to cede the club name.

Who exactly are you referring to in your other post about ball hogging and general stupidry (stupidity)?

Also the comments I said you made, you did make, and left the party chat before I could even reply, and you then kicked myself and another Boards.ie user from Boards FC.

I played 5 games tonight and the first 3 of those were in CDM position which I will happily play in and the last 2 as a forward. I asked to play up front, as you seemed to be having a bit of trouble putting the ball in the net.

Also its worth pointing out I had the highest match rating in all 3 games I played in the CDM position and even scored this little beauty in the video below. Yes as a CDM I was a little too forward up the pitch but as I said already, you were having a little trouble putting the ball in the back of the net.

This was all been streamed on Twitch so it should all be up on Youtube soon enough.

Who exactly are you referring to in your other post about ball hogging and general stupidry (stupidity)?

Also the comments I said you made, you did make, and left the party chat before I could even reply, and you then kicked myself and another Boards.ie user from Boards FC.

I played 5 games tonight and the first 3 of those were in CDM position which I will happily play in and the last 2 as a forward. I asked to play up front, as you seemed to be having a bit of trouble putting the ball in the net.

Also its worth pointing out I had the highest match rating in all 3 games I played in the CDM position and even scored this little beauty in the video below. Yes as a CDM I was a little too forward up the pitch but as I said already, you were having a little trouble putting the ball in the back of the net.

This was all been streamed on Twitch so it should all be up on Youtube soon enough.

Look you do whatever you think is right. Putting it on Youtube will solve exactly 0 of our problems.

I'm not going to deve into specific moments, frankly because they occured too often. Its a team game, it should be played as a team. It was like a drop in match in there. Shooting from all angles helps no one but the player taking the shot. It's masturbatory bs.

The only reason you werent playing striker is because I & another player were there, ready to play. You cant deny that you tend to go there more often than not because you do, but thats not really fair is it.

And I wasnt scoring because I or my strike partner didn't receive the ball in scoring positions, simple as. Im not going to run miles for a lost ball, it makes no sense. I understand that some of the players generally weren't used to playing clubs, and thats fine.

But there is no point starting a new division, if were just going to pass the ball to the opponent. It's boring, lazy thinking & were not going to score many Royal Irish Wünderbar goals like doing that. Fifa is a relatively simple game, it shouldn't be this difficult to get the ball from defence to striker.

If you're going to have sly digs at me for not scoring you should pull up your shot / goal ratio. I take calculated risks, you just take idiotic ones.

You can see all my stats on the pro leaderboard if you're that interested. I'm 88th in the world.

I'd like to have a look at your stats but unfortunately it only shows the top 100, and you're not in it.

You can see all my stats on the pro leaderboard if you're that interested. I'm 88th in the world.

I'd like to have a look at your stats but unfortunately it only shows the top 100, and you're not in it.

About to cry myself to sleep.

I play because its fun. But if being in the Top 100 of something that people play to unwind, then I'll try not to besmirch it.

I never once said its my club

I'm not going to get involved in the discussion between you and Royal but I do remember you saying and I quote:

"it's my club, if you dont like it go and start your own club".

which was what prompted me to post in the first place

miju wrote: »
    I'm not going to get involved in the discussion between you and Royal but I do remember you saying and I quote:

"it's my club, if you dont like it go and start your own club".

which was what prompted me to post in the first place

well that's strange then, because I know I didn't say those words.

I did say you're more than welcome to start your own club, but in never said it was my club. Semantics, but it's the truth.

• Advertisement

well that's strange then, because I know I didn't say those words.

You may not remember it but you did, I could get other clan members in here who in the party to confirm but I feel that would not be fair on you and would look like your being rounded on.

I'm actually going to bow out of this thread now

Advertisement