Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FC Pro Clubs

Options
  • 06-12-2013 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few boardsies set up a Boards FC pro club.

Send myself a friend request to be able to join automatically or just search for the club "Boards FC" and apply to join.

Should be good craic. No excuses for not having a mic as you's all got one with the Xbox One :pac:

Comments

Searched for the club and nothing came up.

GT is G M E 27 if you can add me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The club has gone into administration already. The club owner (me) spent this seasons transfer budget on coke and hookers.

Really though, myself and a few lads just joined the pro clubs team eGo FC which has a thread here also.

Had some great games the other night and currently in division 4.

I added you there now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'd be interested! :)

The clubs gone, but if you wanted to set up a new club I'd jump between the two as we aren't playing the whole time on the other team(eGo).

Maybe try get a few between both, make the Boards one public so people can just come and go.

Only Aeghnor can accept invites for the other club.

We'll have to get someone to be a manager and for them to stay in the club so it doesn't disband while others switch between different clubs.

It might actually be fun going through the lower divisions again.

• Advertisement

Created/. "Boards FC"

Will be on shortly.

Anyone on?

miralize wrote: »
    Anyone on?

Will nip on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Anyone playing tonight???

• Advertisement

I come on to the club today to find 4 losses in a row. No way of telling who played, but some players "surprisingly" left :P

I might be on around 12 or so if ye're still around.

Anyone on now then?

I think if we get a lot of people joining the team if they get Xbox Ones at Christmas we should set up a new Boards team.

Just a suggestion. But a good name for a team would be Drop In, with DRP as the abbreviation, and maybe the River Plate kit or something similar to the Drop In kit. Or even the Boards colours of PSG like last year.

I'm convinced the Ireland kit is jinxed in pro clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Bayern or Real Madrid kits >>

Ireland kit is awful.

Wooden Jesus was convinced that the Ireland default players are worse than other teams. I'd agree with him. We changed to Borussia Dortmund and we started winning a good few games. He was controlling ANY and noticed a big difference.

Made it into the top 100 in the world for strikers. Delighted.

Anyone on? Testing a new kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Wooden Jesus was convinced that the Ireland default players are worse than other teams. I'd agree with him. We changed to Borussia Dortmund and we started winning a good few games. He was controlling ANY and noticed a big difference.

It uses the custom tactic of the team you select. Ireland<Dortmund. Everyone in the squad should settle on a teams custom tactic like dortmund or madrid to suit the tactic and save it in edit teams. That way the captain can use it at the start of every game.

I found in seasons turn pressure and aggression down to 15-20 to counter the spam lobbed ball, should work a treat in pro clubs since thats what 90% of teams do

It uses the custom tactic of the team you select. Ireland<Dortmund. Everyone in the squad should settle on a teams custom tactic like dortmund or madrid to suit the tactic and save it in edit teams. That way the captain can use it at the start of every game.

I found in seasons turn pressure and aggression down to 15-20 to counter the spam lobbed ball, should work a treat in pro clubs since thats what 90% of teams do

In previous years I'd agree to ease off the defensive pressure.

But the dribbling and player control in general is so bad now, you have to be on top of people straight away to try turn the ball over.

I wouldn't go as far as 100/100 but 70/70 provides enough pressure to force mistakes instead of easing off and letting players pass it where they want, which in turn will lead to an easier lofted through ball.

This is the first FIFA I've ever pushed the sliders high for pressure, I'd get 60% possession in previous years playing lower pressure and defensive from the off(just to keep the wing backs in position) but I've found I have to go default with higher pressure now or else I'm giving my opponent too much of an advantage.
    I'll then switch to a lower pressure if I get a lead, or it gets late in the game as playing with high pressure sees the defenders going missing at times.

• Advertisement

2 of us on now.

Holy crap we won games last night!

I'll be on at about 10 or 11 tonight if anyone is on.

Did someone change the settings for the club so friends can't join automatically?

Did someone change the settings for the club so friends can't join automatically?

No?

Just someone was trying to join and he is on my friends list. I thought once a friend was in the club you could join automatically. Maybe you have to be a friend of a manager of the club.

We ended up setting up a new club for a few games and then just disbanded it afterwards. There should be a transfer request from a guy called Stuntman Ryan next time one of the managers is on.

Just someone was trying to join and he is on my friends list. I thought once a friend was in the club you could join automatically. Maybe you have to be a friend of a manager of the club.

We ended up setting up a new club for a few games and then just disbanded it afterwards. There should be a transfer request from a guy called Stuntman Ryan next time one of the managers is on.

Perhaps. I left to mess about in another club & havent got the manager back yet. I'll try get it back later

Anyone on?

• Advertisement

Anyone on?

First time playing so my pro is ****.

Advertisement