Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGC Beers Friday February 7th in P Macs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ok guys. Galvasean definitely has a point in his post but in the interests of fairness and people having conflicts with the dates I have edited the poll and it is open again now.

Can you please ensure that you are a definite to be there before voting.

Apologies to the three people who voted for the 1st and not the 7th previously. PM me if you have any issues.

Poll will close in 5 days

• Administrators Posts: 53,564 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sweetmans followed by Coppers
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

If it's a Friday beers then I'll probably have to look to work from Dublin that day and I'll give a check to see if I've matches lined up for around then, hopefully I'll be able to give a spin up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Any other ideas on venues? We have so far has P Macs and Sweetmans being the only ones suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is be happy enough with either or tbh, both daycent boozers.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I say we stick with those 2 and decide between them.

Another poll? I love a good poll:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Filth!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm in. Off the booze for January so this can be my "I can drink again/finished fúcking exams" reward.

Something to look forward to anyway. I voted for Sweetman's but couldn't care less where we go.

Onwards.

• Advertisement

It doesn't appear to have been said as yet, maybe Agent Smith has changed.

:eek:

Anyway.

I like beer.

:pac:

Beer is nice! And Sweetmans own stuff puts a weird hex on me. So I like it even more.

I should qualify my statement, I like stout, specifically Guinness however having had a night on the Beamish just before Christmas, I'm not afraid to say my head has been turned a little bit.

Beamish is lovely. And Murphys is too.
    No idea why more stout drinkers dont try it.

Beamish is lovely. And Murphys is too.

It can be hard enough to get Beamish or Murphys sometimes. Stout drinkers should try Sweetmans own brand Porter*. It ain't half bad.

They also do a tasting tray of a sample of their 5 brews for €5.

*If Sweetmans wins the poll of course.

I'm out anyway - first league game the Sunday against a team that won the intermediate last year so staying in Corcaigh I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

awec wrote: »
    Mate, the beers are on the Friday, you have an entire Saturday to recover! Young lad like you should have no bother!

Plus its only league. Championship isn't for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm out anyway - first league game the Sunday against a team that won the intermediate last year so staying in Corcaigh I'm afraid

Pfft. Less of that shíte. Gerrup here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

P Macs for the free lollies, sweeties, crisps etc. Won't be drinking so I'll need to be on a sugar buzz! :pac:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Won't be drinking:

/snigger

Sound for not making this difficult you guys :pac:

His is better than peer pressure brah, this is beer pressure!!

Do it, do eeeeeet!

I believe it was a Friday night beers that the bowld Panthro popped his tGC beers cherry at too, would be nice to continue the tradition, ya know.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sound for not making this difficult you guys :pac:

Come on. You know it makes sense. What's the worst that can happen?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Come on. You know it makes sense. What's the worst that can happen?

An awesome night of awesomeness?

When I was that age I would do a 50 hour session at the weekend and still make the energy to play 2 hurling matches and a football match*

*may or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

I wanna head along to this, but it seems you all know each other? Not that that's a problem, I just don't fancy bein the only newb there :)

• Advertisement

roro1990 wrote: »
    I wanna head along to this, but it seems you all know each other? Not that that's a problem, I just don't fancy bein the only newb there :)

I've never met anybody here. I went to my first boards beers for a different forum a few months ago. It is a bit nerve wracking at the start but everyone is really welcoming and we had a great night.
    You would be more than welcome. Just give D'Agger abuse like everyone else and you'll fit right in :p

Advertisement