Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

JJayoo wrote: »
    If it does go ahead and if there were 80-90000 tickets on sale, would the sheer number of tickets available make it pretty easy to get tickets?

It would be a huge boost for the city as a massive number of people would be flying in.

The O2 sold out in no time, and they could've sold it two or three times over with ease. Add a stacked card, maybe even the first title fight in Europe, and tickets will fly out the door imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The O2 sold out in no time, and they could've sold it two or three times over with ease. Add a stacked card, maybe even the first title fight in Europe, and tickets will fly out the door imo.

But I think the O2 crowd was around the 10,000 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

JJayoo wrote: »
    But I think the O2 crowd was around the 10,000 mark

I reckon getting tickets won't be very difficult. 90,000 is an enormous amount, no matter the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I think they will do 90,000 easy.

With a great card many people would be travelling from all over Europe and the world. Then the added Irish fans and local Brazilians on top of that.

Dublin is prettily easily accessible to most major airports in Europe and a number in the states. The crowd might not be all Irish but it will fill up. This is an international sport people are comparing it to GAA final matches where people from only a few counties fill the stadium , MMA which has a much bigger fan base, and the whole country and dispora will be behind McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Should be in the Aviva. The view from most of the 80-90k seats will be muck. They'll have to put up lots of big screens for the live fans to ensure it's watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Yurt! wrote: »
    Should be in the Aviva. The view from most of the 80-90k seats will be muck. They'll have to put up lots of big screens for the live fans to ensure it's watchable.

I agree with Yurt!

Yurt! wrote: »

Ever been to a gaa match? I can clearly see midfield players in croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Would prefer Croke Park, Connor could bring 1916 into his trash talk, maybe bring in a 6th round with hurleys and no time limit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

darced wrote: »

Holloway is no mug either. Fought Poirer on short notice, Had a split decision loss to Dennis Bermudez before his fight with Conor and has 4 wins since.

It was a credit to Conor that he dominated the fight with the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭xtal191

Holloway also broke his foot in the first round I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

xtal191 wrote: »
    Holloway also broke his foot in the first round I think.

He did have a minor injury, but I don't think it was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Yurt wrote: »
    I agree with Yurt!

Well if it isn't my old nemesis Yurt 1.0. I thought I'd seen the last of you after that underground Tokyo pit fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Holloway is no mug either. Fought Poirer on short notice, Had a split decision loss to Dennis Bermudez before his fight with Conor and has 4 wins since.

It was a credit to Conor that he dominated the fight with the injury.

Holloway was robbed against Bermudez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Holloway was robbed against Bermudez

+1

Holloway is one of the most exciting fighters in the division and destined for big things. Will surely break into the top 5 in the future imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

John_D80 wrote: »
    +1

Holloway is one of the most exciting fighters in the division and destined for big things. Will surely break into the top 5 in the future imo.

Conors first title defense!

Conors first title defense!

For ****s sake...

Saipanne wrote: »
    For ****s sake...

I know!

He'll obviously be second after Aldo gets his rematch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG wrote: »
    My birthday is May 24th.

Make it happen Dana and Uncle Frank.

I'm also in India for 10 days from the 6th to the 15th of April, there are 2 TBC fight nights scheduled during those dates...

Actually it's just one, Fight Night 65.

Don't you dare Dana & Uncle Frank...

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I know!

He'll obviously be second after Aldo gets his rematch!

I repeat my earlier statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I repeat my earlier statement.

I concur with your earlier statement.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm also in India for 10 days from the 6th to the 15th of April, there are 2 TBC fight nights scheduled during those dates...

Actually it's just one, Fight Night 65.

Don't you dare Dana & Uncle Frank...

Breathing a little easier now...

http://www.crokepark.ie/events/upcoming-events/2nd-level-colleges-final

That's the date of Fight Night 65.

How gutted would you be if something clashed with a UFC event in Croke park!!!

God help anyone with wedding plans for May this year. There could be a pre-wedding divorce!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Ever been to a gaa match? I can clearly see midfield players in croker.

Not gonna be a clear enough view though to take in what's happening. I'd guess a large % of people will be watching it on the big screens.

Not gonna be a clear enough view though to take in what's happening. I'd guess a large % of people will be watching it on the big screens.

Probably. But I'd imagine they'd be there for the atmosphere. If you want a great view, watch it on tv, amazing angles!

I'll be trying to get the best seat I can, though.

I haven't been to a UFC event yet where I didn't watch the big screen for part of it, and that includes a front row seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

It's gonna be foo fighters date isn't it:(

yipeeeee wrote: »
    It's gonna be foo fighters date isn't it:(

AFAIK the Foo Fighters is the same night as a Fight Night, and UFC 189 (open to correction) is the week before. It'll probably be a numbered event so i'd say your safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The schedule is only a guideline as what the UFC expect to stick to nothing set in stone about it, If circumstances change venues,fights etc. not falling into place they'll find an alternative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement