Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I guess they're trying to stop the hype train dead in it's tracks. By calling out Conor, it'll get a good bit of exposure and could earn them a potentially bigger pay day.

It is remarkable how well he's managed to stay relevant despite being injured. Could be viewed as arrogance maybe but I'm enjoying his self promotion and he's doing it very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Conner gets a shout out from UFC president Dana White in ESPN First Take

Skip to 5.30 into the video

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Conor & Cole are going to be on the MMA Hour(s) in around half and hour, should be a bit of craic

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/5/5677580/the-mma-hour-with-jerry-ferrara-muhammed-lawal-cole-miller-mauro

Doubs wrote: »
    Conor & Cole are going to be on the MMA Hour(s) in around half and hour, should be a bit of craic

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/5/5677580/the-mma-hour-with-jerry-ferrara-muhammed-lawal-cole-miller-mauro

"Man, after I get that performance of the night bonus," Miller vowed in closing. "I'm going to make sure I buy his mom a caravan, periwinkle blue."

Miller got owned, but that last line was funny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

"Man, after I get that performance of the night bonus," Miller vowed in closing. "I'm going to make sure I buy his mom a caravan, periwinkle blue."

Miller got owned, but that last line was funny :D

It was funny, but it wasn't his... there's a thread over on the MMA Underground where people are (jokingly) giving advice to Cole re things he could say to hype the fight, that was one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was kinda sick of Connor's shtick until I heard him say "If he dies, he dies".

Now i'm right back on his side ha!

When the door rings and the bell opens, this is gona be a quick fight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

When the door rings and the bell opens, this is gona be a quick fight!
    Another quality quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I was kinda sick of Connor's shtick until I heard him say "If he dies, he dies".

Now i'm right back on his side ha!

Was that the 1st time he said it or the 10th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

gotta love CmG, but he just sounds like a incoherent drunk when he get on a rant, its embarrassing for him.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Was that the 1st time he said it or the 10th?

First. It's one of my favourite movie quotes!

He DID just say the same stuff over and over though. Needs some lessons from Sonnen!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BazPM

Not to have a go but I've been spotting him on the piss a good bit. Around South William street and then in Sin the other night. I really hope he's in the right mind frame for July

BazPM wrote: »
    Not to have a go but I've been spotting him on the piss a good bit. Around South William street and then in Sin the other night. I really hope he's in the right mind frame for July

My mate, who frequents the same spots as Connor, sees him all the time! He's forever in Sin apparently.

Does he drink? My mate tells me he sees him with drinks all the time but surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I saw him out before his fight with Max Holloway was announced and im pretty sure he was drinking. Although this was when he was meant to be fighting the english guy, funnily enough nothing had been anounced about a Boston card and he told me he was going to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Sounded like he had a few in him during The MMA Hour to be honest. Cringeworthy stuff from him at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I was looking Conor up on the internet the last day and tbh there are some good quotes he has said but that interview he came across as a completely different person,

I don't know has fame gotten to Conor he is probably the fastest growing personality in the UFC at the moment.I not from Dublin is "Smuck" and "Rookie" Dublin terms of speech.Its not in Cork anyway.

Someone else said he sounded drunk I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Stuxnet wrote: »
    gotta love CmG, but he just sounds like a incoherent drunk when he get on a rant, its embarrassing for him.

Usually find him very entertaining and he usually has a bit of charm along with all the bluster but just found him irritating on the MMA Hour interview. Not his greatest moment.

I agree, check out his interviews after beating Brimmage/Halloway. Loved those interviews, a million miles away from the bull**** last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

He has still a lot of growing up to do, I do like him tho,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    Sounded like he had a few in him during The MMA Hour to be honest. Cringeworthy stuff from him at times!

He was hardly drinking a few months before a fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Terrible terrible interview .................his accent has changed and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

His accent is constantly changing and he is fond of words like rookie, awesome etc so that is not unusual IMO. However, I have to agree that interview was... boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The Growth of Conors ego, very nice humble fella in this

IMG_7524small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

"When that door rings"

Two times.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    He was hardly drinking a few months before a fight

You would hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Like everyone else i really hope he keeps winniing and does well for himself but he needs to tone down the Ego,
    He also said Mendes doesn't have the body tpye for fighting but he has won 4 of his last 5 by ko (one ko in the 3rd round)seems to be working out pretty well for him ,
    Also he started by calling Miller past it and a hasbeen and then at the end called him a rookie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

You would hope not!

I don't think a drink a few months before a fight would make any difference to the result.

Drinking in excess fair enough , but we are talking months out, not the weeks/days coming up to the fight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Well you would be mistaking as drinking at all at that high level of sport , will have an effect on your preformance, Even a few drinks will have a much bigger effect on you rbody than you would think and at that level its the small things that can make the difference,

In farinees maybe fighthing is slightly different as other things effect the fight but in sports manily based on athletic prefromance any Alcohol is a huge no no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Well you would be mistaking as drinking at all at that high level of sport , will have an effect on your preformance, Even a few drinks will have a much bigger effect on you rbody than you would think and at that level its the small things that can make the difference,

In farinees maybe fighthing is slightly different as other things effect the fight but in sports manily based on athletic prefromance any Alcohol is a huge no no

Unless your Tank Abbott of course

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement