Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

What chances do you lot think McGregor has of winning the title? December 2014 is too close imo but another 2/3 strong performances against ranked opposition and he surely would be in with a shout of a title shot.

3/1 to win any UFC belt at any stage in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What chances do you lot think McGregor has of winning the title? December 2014 is too close imo but another 2/3 strong performances against ranked opposition and he surely would be in with a shout of a title shot.

3/1 to win any UFC belt at any stage in his career.

Seriously bad odds. He'd be bigger odds than that in a fight v Aldo alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Seriously bad odds. He'd be bigger odds than that in a fight v Aldo alone

Thought it was fairly short as well.

That's true but he could lose a title fight and the bet could still win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Next Thursday 9.30pm. Reality bites. Documentary on Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Thanks! Hope you guys like it

I posted the trailer on the last page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

1780712_10202733281707438_1557897774_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Paddy power have match betting for mc Gregor v cole miller. Has it even been announced yet officially?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nappy wrote: »
    Paddy power have match betting for mc Gregor v cole miller. Has it even been announced yet officially?

No put they do that lot. I can't remember the amount of times i've seen odds on Mayweather v Pacquiao

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Anyone know where I can get me one a those amazing Ali liston 3D pics??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

paulieeye wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get me one a those amazing Ali liston 3D pics??

The garden center apparently.

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    The garden center apparently.

Of all places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

does anyone know when conors next fight is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

zweton wrote: »

90% certain it'll be the Dublin card in July

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

zweton wrote: »

If I was a betting man, id say July in Dublin.

We will be putting up some outtakes of the documentary on the site

Here is the first one, interview with Joe Rogan about Conor

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-joe-rogan-about-conor-mcgregor/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Say what you want about Rogan being bias and towing the company line against the tide of the fight while colour commentating, but damn can that man wax lyrical about MMA! Great little interview Severemma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I think Cat Zingano has her eye on that interviewer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

To eat him.

Another outtake from the documentary up on the Severe.

Video interview with UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby-notorious-outtake/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Another outtake from the documentary up on the Severe.

Video interview with UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby-notorious-outtake/

Rhonda video bombing in the background haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone going to off the ball tomorrow in mercantile with Conor there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor confirmed to be in the new UFC game, just in case any of ye are interested but wouldn't be looking at the game thread.

CMeahKd.png

VQ6u1qP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

don't think clay will be to happy bout that ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

smiley2742 wrote: »

Or conor getting kicked in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

smiley2742 wrote: »

It was too hard for developers to have him running away around all the time so he was happy to settle for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Cannot believe i did not come across this article earlier but seems to indicate that Aldo puts McGregor in the top five.

Dont know whether to believe Aldo said that or not, he seems to be giving Conor a lot more credit than the rest of the division !!!

http://www.insidemma.com.au/news/571-jose-aldo-i-should-face-chad-mendes-next

Jose Aldo: I should face Chad Mendes next
    aldo3.jpg
    Jose Aldo is keen on a rematch with Chad Mendes after conceding that a superfight with UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is perhaps not an option for the near future.
    With Pettis announced to coach against Gilbert Melendez on an upcoming edition of The Ultimate Fighter, current UFC featherweight champ Aldo was left without an obvious choice for the next challenger to his belt.
    Speaking with fans during a Q&A in Natal, Brazil, Aldo shared his thoughts on who he thought should get the next shot.
    “I’m focused again on my division and I think I should face Chad Mendes. He’s a guy I’ve already fought, but I must respect him, stay humble and keep my feet on the ground. I will train hard to win one more time,” said Aldo.
    “Chad Mendes is first in line… Cub Swanson, who is a guy I already beat, is second, and he’s evolving a lot. There’s also Jeremy Stephens, who is very good. There’s an Irishman [Conor McGregor] who has also been talking a lot and could be a good fight. And also, there’s Dustin Poirier. I think those are the top five at the moment.”
    Aldo emphatically knocked out Mendes in their first fight with a brutal knee. He famously celebrated by running into the overjoyed Brazilian crowd after the fight was stopped.
    Keep up-to-date with the latest MMA news by connecting with us on Twitter and Facebook.

Conor certainly has made a big impact in the UFC and there seems to be a huge amount of jealousy invloved in the call outs he is getting.

Amazing that Conor is such a big scalp already!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    Amazing that Conor is such a big scalp already!

It's a year since his debut. He's been called out by at least 5 or 6 flyweights. Maybe more that I'm not aware of. Nobody else in the division, besides maybe Aldo, has made that sort of impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just watching Fight Night Abu Dhabi. Spoiler Alert:
    Clay Guida called out Conor after his fight. Think he called him a "cave man with a mullet" or some such. :pac: Not sure why he'd want Conor given he's still in contention for a title shot.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just watching Fight Night Abu Dhabi. Spoiler Alert:
    Clay Guida called out Conor after his fight. Think he called him a "cave man with a mullet" or some such. :pac: Not sure why he'd want Conor given he's still in contention for a title shot.

Believe it or not but now I'm starting to think fighters think if they put Conor away it will move them way up the ladder compared to other fights.Maybe they see Conor as a easy road to a title shot.Although
    Clay
    did say he wanted Conor to have a fight or two more before fighting some one with experience.

It it amazing how Conor is such a big name after 2 fights in the UFC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement