Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Should Conor not be getting his hand back to good health now he is near that title fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mellor wrote: »
    Maybe you should check the date on that tweet

2 days ago, maybe when he got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

If true, it seems strange to me that Conor would move away from FW while he has the momentum that he has...I know a lot of the fighters above him are busy but surely he should bide his time for a title shot rather than going up a weight class and risk losing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dana confirms it's false and also 'that kid is nuts, he wanted it but it's not happening'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,041 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

John_D80 wrote: »
    It's popping up on all the usual sites and elsewhere as well but still unconfirmed. They are all reporting that he has tweeted it. No one has actually went firm on it and said it is happening. And nothing yet from the UFC that I have seen.
    He did tweet it ;)
    They all jumped on it and ran with it as they knew it'd be a big story. Verify facts later. Some sites even started Parke must have pulled out injured.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    2 days ago, maybe when he got injured

4 days ago. Right after Conors win. He was live tweeting UFC 178

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Mellor wrote: »

4 days ago. Right after Conors win. He was live tweeting UFC 178
    The first tweet easy for conor was 4 days ago the other one with the quote was two days ago.

The first tweet easy for conor was 4 days ago the other one with the quote was two days ago.

the 2 days ago one may be a clue that he's injured but i guess we'll find out as the day goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Hope this one happens , maybe Sanchez will manage to stay a couple of rounds with him rather than another first round knockout...

Not that we don't like seeing Conor finish them early but I'd like to see him fight someone who can battle a bit beforehand.

diego in mexico city , i think its fair to say he'll be in berzerker mode

• Advertisement

Chael Sonnen did an interview yesterday telling how he made his own Chael vs Rashad poster and tweeted it leaving the UFC no choice but to put on the fight.

This was his recipe for success or Cash to put it another way. Get on the biggest PPV cards and get your cut whatever way you can

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/184977-chael-sonnen-offers-blueprint-success-jose-aldo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Diego would die cutting to 145

Fight makes huuuuge business sense tho with a lot of risk

would boost the card through the roof

100 zillion mexicans would watch that

conor would make hundreds of thousands

his rep would move up an entire level if he won

dana in tough spot now :-)

hope they do it really do

no other 145er ever would take Diego on at 155 Conor has T Rex balls

haha its on wiki already gotta love wiki lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_180

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Have I missed something?? Has Parke (or anyone) confirmed that he is out??

darced wrote: »

haha fair enough!!

I meant eh I meant eh...ahem

shook ross's hand outside 02 at conors fight sound man...looked huge

Just for the uninitiated, I know people slag him now he's on the down slope but at his peak he was pretty scary and you always have to turn up prepared for war with Diego

he walks round at 200 lbs thereabouts and he never gives up or gets tired so you have to fight him til the last bell or put him down hard!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just for the uninitiated, I know people slag him now he's on the down slope but at his peak he was pretty scary and you always have to turn up prepared for war with Diego

he walks round at 200 lbs thereabouts and he never gives up or gets tired so you have to fight him til the last bell or put him down hard!

You got a link to this or even a pic at him at that weight?

Most articles indicate he walks around at ~180lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He's one of the few pioneers of the organisation who is still in the sport. I would much rather see him retire now and preserve the legacy he has built for himself. Guaranteed hall of fame inductee once he does eventually retire.

There is no doubt in my mind if he were to meet Conor McGregor at any weight class it would be a swift and/or brutal defeat for Diego. Reading on another forum about how some fans people would like to see this fight purely because Diego is so hard to knock out and they want to see Conor beat him senseless for 3 rounds.

Personally don't like reading things like that.

righteo

well I've seen a lot of argyuments about this in the past so not going to engage now... I'd say in my own opinion he walked around200 lbs a few years back but now prob not near that so diego now... not 200 true dat

he cut down to 185 on season 1 TUF and fought MW WW and LW... he couoldn't do a cut to 145 his leanest self is 168 he said before cutting water down to 155

a big dude who cuts an awful lot and has to work very hard to keep it down during camp even before his 3 weeks of cutting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I was shocked to see how big Pearson was at the o2... changed my opinion on what is possible to cut. Cannot be good for these lads at this point cutting is getting insane but I odn't have the knowledge to know the dangers apart from the DC story.

McRegor Aug 2013 to Diego

- the fattest, sloppiest, slowest Martial Artist i've ever laid eyes on. I'd go upto 170 to whoop your fat ass. EASY

If Dana gives him the fight the internet will break with the build up and 'banter' between them.

Think Hardcore fans will kill the value of the fight too much with their talk of how bad Diego is and how easy it would be to beat him though which would hurt the competitive character of the fight

noooo.... place gona get overun by sherdoggers now lol somebody shut the door

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=99402939#post99402939

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I think id like Conor alot more if he [removed fighter bashing]. Just reminds me of every scumbag bully i saw in my school years. Hes undeniably talented but i dont find his whole schtick very enjoyable. He always sounds like hes reading from a prepared script and repeats the same stupid lines ad nauseam.
    I also find it a bit funny hes constantly dissing his own division saying theyre has-beens and journeymen. If thats the case then your career is apparently built on beating up tomato-can bums.
    Fair play for building up the profile of the sport tho. Heard a coupel of lads talkin about 'de foightin on de weekend' while waiting for their jumbo breakfast rolls in a shop yesterday.
    noooo.... place gona get overun by sherdoggers now lol somebody shut the door

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=99402939#post99402939
    Might have been my fault :/ I posted it on Reddit yesterday and it went to the front page of /r/MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Gumbi wrote: »
    Might have been my fault :/ I posted it on Reddit yesterday and it went to the front page of /r/MMA.

You just couldnt resist the karma could you -___-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Not that it will happen but my interest in watching McGregor fight Sanchez is Zero. Meaningless mismatch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement