Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Mellor wrote: »

Love Jack's work. Great piece, read it a few days ago.

If McGregor can fare as well against a wrestler he could be a great.

I love his lack of respect for "the American Wresler". He treats it with no more respect than any other fight which is refreshing. Now whether that'll wotk out or not remains to be seen...

I can't wait to see him vs Poirier and honestly am starting to believe his spiel of a first round finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great article that, especially the bit mentioning 
Saenchai who i only seen fighting about 3 weeks ago down in cork. Man if Conor had a few sessions with him it would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dont forget the interview on Setanta tonight at 9.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Wow great interview so far. Really in-depth and not messing around at all like he usually does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Anyone know where I can watch it online? Not at home at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

There's a link on joe.ie to the interview.

Cheers for the link!

Conor came across really really well. Cant wait for his fight at the end of the month. Hopefully anynother quick KO to add to his collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Hopefully anynother quick KO to add to his collection.
    Id rather it wasn't too quick, nor a KO actually.

Destroy Poirier on the feet for 4 minutes. Stuff a TD, transition to a dominant position, highlight reel sub.

At the very least it would stop people pointing to the Duffy fight as proof of anything.

• Advertisement

Id rather it wasn't too quick, nor a KO actually.

Destroy Poirier on the feet for 4 minutes. Stuff a TD, transition to a dominant position, highlight reel sub.

At the very least it would stop people pointing to the Duffy fight as proof of anything.

Id love that myself but a quick ko really does push him into title shot territory, I know Conors ground game is well above what people seem to think it is. Hes going to prove that but I don't think it will be in this fight. Anyone that points to the Dufft loss really doesnt know much, 4 years is an eternity in fight year especially with the hours he puts in a week. It was like people looking Jacare & Mousasis DREAM fight to try gauge an opinion on who would win the rematch.

But saying that if Conor pulled off a sub id be delighted either way but if he wants to try get a title shot by the end of the year card he needs a quick KO then hope swanson gets some sort of injury.

I very much doubt the winner of Aldo/Mendes will fight again this year and if Mendes wins Aldo will more than likely get a rematch.
    I can see Conor fighting again on the Superbowl weekend card, then after that a no1 contender fight and then maybe if everything goes to plan a title fight by the end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Wow great interview so far. Really in-depth and not messing around at all like he usually does.

His interviews tend to change in the weeks coming up to fights. In his last fight his interview with Cole on the MMA hour he was extremely arrogant and bossy but the tone changed in the great interview he did with Ariel two or three days before the fight. He then reverted again in the Vegas Q&A, Maybe its because he's more focused or maybe because its when his opponent isn't there...Either way its extremely entertaining.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

sdowling04 wrote: »
    His interviews tend to change in the weeks coming up to fights. In his last fight his interview with Cole on the MMA hour he was extremely arrogant and bossy but the tone changed in the great interview he did with Ariel two or three days before the fight. He then reverted again in the Vegas Q&A, Maybe its because he's more focused or maybe because its when his opponent isn't there...Either way its extremely entertaining.:D

Intimidation dowling. Like between me and you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was in Vegas for the past week and saw this while on a drunken ramble.

322005.jpg

There was also one of those massive animated billboards for 178 with Conor featured. Moved too fast for me to get a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor commentates on Parke vs Tuck

"Ugly Northern Ireland kid, they're not known for their good looks those Northern Irish" :pac:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Conor commentates on Parke vs Tuck

"Ugly Northern Ireland kid, they're not known for their good looks those Northern Irish" :pac:

The way articles were going on about this before i watched it i assumed Conor was slating him the whole time, completely the opposite he came across fairly well. Also reminds me to go back and watch this fight fully i remember really enjoying it on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Rep. of Ireland and Northern Ireland are the same country apparently...

Come on guys, it's not that difficult.

McGregor to get a 6 part series starting from the lead up to UFC Dublin & his fight in at 178!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/ufc-star-conor-mcgregor-reveals-rte-filming-six-part-show-on-his-rise-30589957.html

Delighted for him, even more exposure for the sport here. I cant wait to see how much is pushes on in the next 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ASOT wrote: »
    McGregor to get a 6 part series starting from the lead up to UFC Dublin & his fight in at 178!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/ufc-star-conor-mcgregor-reveals-rte-filming-six-part-show-on-his-rise-30589957.html

Delighted for him, even more exposure for the sport here. I cant wait to see how much is pushes on in the next 5 years.

6 part docu is heading towards over saturation for me.

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    6 part docu is heading towards over saturation for me.

Depends what way to work it to be honest, i think there would be enough content given the time period its being filmed. Between the run up to UFC Dublin & UFC178 along with the aftermath of that should give enough for 6 45 minute episodes. Especially if its done kind of like the UFC vLogs and not over serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's a bit overkill tbh. I like stylish documentaries that the likes of Vice make, or even The Reem documentary but I can imagine what this will be like. "16/9: Eatin' a hotdog in vegas babyyy!", cruisin' Las Vegas in a car, loads of lines about how if you achieve second best, you need to give up blahblah. Some highlights of the fights. Meh. Getting cynical in my old age maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Don't worry, we will make it so it is highly entertaining the whole series ;)

6x24 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SevereMMA wrote: »

6x24 minutes

Well done and good luck lads. Time to finally throw the saorview arial up on the roof.

6x24 minutes

Good lads, would have watched even if it was longer cant wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

When will air?

January I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Only in Ireland lol, 3hr documentary haha, what if he actually beats a top ten?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

gallag wrote: »
    Only in Ireland lol, 3hr documentary haha, what if he actually beats a top ten?

24 minutes x6 doesn't equal 3 hours

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

24 minutes x6 doesn't equal 3 hours

with advertisements?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement