Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

ASOT wrote: »
    Depends what source you look at, of course the brazillian media will say it's Conor.

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/686617654409363456

Yeah possibly just wouldn't imagine Dos Anjos has massive leverage here. Conor can easily go for Frankie and they can match Dos Anjos up with Ferguson or have him wait for Khabib etc. just a couple threats like this surely forces his hand to sign on.

newbbieb wrote: »
    Yeah possibly just wouldn't imagine Dos Anjos has massive leverage here. Conor can easily go for Frankie and they can match Dos Anjos up with Ferguson or have him wait for Khabib etc. just a couple threats like this surely forces his hand to sign on.

Tweet from John Kavanagh pretty much seems to lay the delay at Dos Anjos door

Coach Kavanagh ‏@John_Kavanagh 15m15 minutes ago
    well @rowdyowenroddy just put it perfectly. "we'll be there march 5th, doesnt matter who is opponent." that's all we can say #UFC197

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

martyos121 wrote: »
    RDA is in no position to be demanding more money despite his title. People won't be buying this PPV to watch him, no matter how great of a fighter he is.

The champion is in no position to demand money? Why is it connors belt up for grabs??

Of course RDA is in position to demand more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If ye were in his position of being offered a fight with conor course you'd ask for more money. Be stupid not to ask for more money. Hop on McGregor money train while he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Roddy basically all but confirmed it on the mma hour.

The champion is in no position to demand money? Why is it connors belt up for grabs??

Of course RDA is in position to demand more money.

Conor is the money fight,like i said they can just bring on Frankie for Conor on March 5th and its still a massive fight and then they give Dos Anjos Tony Ferguson a very tough fight for far less money and if he loses or Conor loses he never sees that big paying fight again.

Conor is the money fight,like i said they can just bring on Frankie for Conor on March 5th and its still a massive fight and then they give Dos Anjos Tony Ferguson a very tough fight for far less money and if he loses or Conor loses he never sees that big paying fight again.

......it's his belt up for grabs, it's conor challenging him, skipping every fighter in the division. I ask again why should he not look for more monry

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

It's Dos Anjos, I posted it twice over the last few pages, been going on for weeks now. They are threatening to put Diaz in instead, but I don't know serious they are.

......it's his belt up for grabs, it's conor challenging him, skipping every fighter in the division. I ask again why should he not look for more monry

He will be getting more money than he ever got before but he is obviously trying to push above the biggest amount he ever got.Why he shouldnt get it or won't get crazy money is because he is not the draw.

• Advertisement

He will be getting more money than he ever got before but he is obviously trying to push above the biggest amount he ever got.Why he shouldnt get it or won't get crazy money is because he is not the draw.

Shur if it's just the fight conor wants there is no need for RDA to put his belt on the line, would you agree? People would still pay the big money if their was no belt on the line?

Shur if it's just the fight conor wants there is no need for RDA to put his belt on the line, would you agree? People would still pay the big money if their was no belt on the line?

Where did i say that? Its obviously the belt he wants i'm just saying unless Conor is afraid to fight Frankie which he most likely isnt.Then Dos Anjos hasnt massive leverage yeah he deserves a good pay day which he will get but he hasn't massive leverage even being champ.Conor can fight Frankie they can give Dos Anjos other fights in the mean time.

Where did i say that? Its obviously the belt he wants i'm just saying unless Conor is afraid to fight Frankie which he most likely isnt.Then Dos Anjos hasnt massive leverage yeah he deserves a good pay day which he will get but he hasn't massive leverage even being champ.Conor can fight Frankie they can give Dos Anjos other fights in the mean time.

His leverage is he has the belt, which conor wants. that is massive leverage.

Diaz is the possible replacement, no way is Conor fighting at 145 next. However they will probably work something out with Dos Anjos.

His leverage is he has the belt, which conor wants. that is massive leverage.

I hope he gets more money but i am just saying he hasn't as much leverage as he thinks which is probably why the UFC aren't coughing up.They can match up Conor with Frankie which is a very winnable fight for Conor and match Dos Anjos up with someone else in the meantime.Which for Dos Anjos risks losing the big pay day.

Chase3 wrote: »
    Diaz is the possible replacement, no way is Conor fighting at 145 next. However they will probably work something out with Dos Anjos.

Dunno why you say that,why couldnt he fight at 145 next? i would say if its not Dos Anjos its definitely Frankie.

I hope he gets more money but i am just saying he hasn't as much leverage as he thinks which is probably why the UFC aren't coughing up.They can match up Conor with Frankie which is a very winnable fight for Conor and match Dos Anjos up with someone else in the meantime.Which for Dos Anjos risks losing the big pay day.

Or maybe the champion believes in himself and won't roll over and give the ufc what they want without getting paid as he wants, He has all the leverage atm, aye he might lose but it's his title that mcgregor wants, therefore he has the leverage, pretty simple really

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd say RDA has a bit more leverage than people might initially think.

It's his belt and Conor wants it, the UFC wants Conor to fight him for it, and the fans want to see Conor fight him for it.

That's not a bad position to be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dunno why you say that,why couldnt he fight at 145 next? i would say if its not Dos Anjos its definitely Frankie.

More than likely it's because he's already committed to a lightweight fight and that involves changes in his training camp which he would be stupid to change on two months notice.

Or maybe the champion believes in himself and won't roll over and give the ufc what they want without getting paid as he wants, He has all the leverage atm, aye he might lose but it's his title that mcgregor wants, therefore he has the leverage, pretty simple really

McGregor can fight Frankie though is my point.John Kavanagh is already down as saying they are gonna be there march 5th for a fight.Frankie can easily fill that and they can give Dos Anjos another fight,Conor is the draw like i would imagine if its gone on till now he must be asking way more than they are willing to pay and Frankie v Conor on March 5th seems a decent shout.

• Advertisement

More than likely it's because he's already committed to a lightweight fight and that involves changes in his training camp which he would be stupid to change on two months notice.

Hes only a few weeks since his last fight at 145 he can't be that far gone into training for 155 that its irreversible.

McGregor can fight Frankie though is my point.John Kavanagh is already down as saying they are gonna be there march 5th for a fight.Frankie can easily fill that and they can give Dos Anjos another fight,Conor is the draw like i would imagine if its gone on till now he must be asking way more than they are willing to pay and Frankie v Conor on March 5th seems a decent shout.

And RDA can fight someone else also, What if edgar wins....dum dum dum

Yeah he is preparing for a 155 bout already, that's the weight this fight will be at. And so far Diaz is the only possible replacement being mentioned. I still think it will be Dos Anjos.

And RDA can fight someone else also, What if edgar wins....dum dum dum

If Edgar wins UFC will sell it as Conor making the cut took too much out of him and drained him and it wasnt his natural weight.Conor jumps to LW takes on a couple warm ups maybe at lw build the name again then maybe a fight versus Diaz which would still be massive.

But Dos Anjos loses out on a payday Conor loses or if he loses himself so he has some leverage depending on how badly Conor wants him over Frankie but my bet is Conor easily takes the Frankie fight and it still isn't massively fussed on it being Dos Anjos now,he can easily wait and take on Frankie first.Dos Anjos must be asking way more than they expected or agreement would a been made by now surely.

If Edgar wins UFC will sell it as Conor making the cut took too much out of him and drained him and it wasnt his natural weight.Conor jumps to LW takes on a couple warm ups maybe at lw build the name again then maybe a fight versus Diaz which would still be massive.

But Dos Anjos loses out on a payday Conor loses or if he loses himself so he has some leverage depending on how badly Conor wants him over Frankie but my bet is Conor easily takes the Frankie fight and it still isn't massively fussed on it being Dos Anjos now,he can easily wait and take on Frankie first.Dos Anjos must be asking way more than they expected or agreement would a been made by now surely.

Luckily he's the champion and gets paid well for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'd say RDA has a bit more leverage than people might initially think.

It's his belt and Conor wants it, the UFC wants Conor to fight him for it, and the fans want to see Conor fight him for it.

That's not a bad position to be in!

I think Conor (and the UFC) care more about the money than the belt, and there are plenty of other fights that will get him the former

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hope RDA bleeds them dry,for the simple fact they offered sterling something pathetic and the reebok deal on top of it,also the fact hes going to get ko'd he deserves compensation.

RDA has no fans,no ppv pull makes buttons in comparison what hes about to earn,he will crack and accept the red pantie night,this is the fake olympian manager of his trying to eek out a few extra quid.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Hope RDA bleeds them dry,for the simple fact they offered sterling something pathetic and the reebok deal on top of it,also the fact hes going to get ko'd he deserves compensation.

RDA has no fans,no ppv pull makes buttons in comparison what hes about to earn,he will crack and accept the red pantie night,this is the fake olympian manager of his trying to eek out a few extra quid.

But its not great for the UFC from a pr standpoint to have this drag on like this,they don't want more fighters starting this kind of ****.

So it seems the UFC are close to calling his bluff at this stage,the word from Conors camp about being there for a fight on March 5th regardless of opponent seem to indicate a change of opponent could be on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chase3 wrote: »
    It's Dos Anjos, I posted it twice over the last few pages, been going on for weeks now. They are threatening to put Diaz in instead, but I don't know serious they are.

That fight makes a lot of sense to me (Diaz). It'd make a huge amount of money, the promotion would be unreal, it gives McGregor a tune up fight and IMO it's fairer than having him go straight into a 155 title fight, and Conor would win.

It'll be dos Anjos though, you're right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement