Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warships

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've an invite code for anyone who wants to try this. It gives:

Diana (premium ship)
    Port slot
    500 doubloons
    3 days of premium account

Note that it doesn't work anyone who already has a Wargaming account. It's for brand new players only.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Does anyone know what's Wargaming's fascination with only doing high level premium Cruisers (even their BS tend to be Cruisers in practice)? Personally I'm leveling Jap. DDs and US Heavy (parked my Carrier at tier 5 for daily missions only along with the cruiser) and I have no interest in (yet another) premium cruiser...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would speculate that they intend to avoid a repeat of the WoT scenario of people buying into tier 8 with premium heavies and being useless, something that's a little harder to do with a cruiser and their ability so do something by simply firing more. Witness also the fact that the Warspite and Tirpitz sales were so short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

anyone play since the update yesterday . started downloading it yesterday . it was unbelievably slow to download took about 12 hours so havent had a chance yet.

is it any different

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

I've tried a few games over the past week but it's obvious that they are using the same match making system as World of Tanks and as such, Wargaming can stick it up their holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

I would imagine with a much smaller player base that MM is even harder in WOWS

VikingG wrote: »
    I would imagine with a much smaller player base that MM is even harder in WOWS

While not exactly a scientific analysis, the MM in WoWS seems a bit more consistent to me, than the WoT one. There is some inbuilt mirroring, e.g. equal numbers of carriers on each side, and you don't see any equivalents of 5 arties or the like. The MM is also +/- 3, which is more feasible given the lessened disparity between tiers in comparison to WoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I've not had many problems with matchmaking, although I don't play carriers. Seems reasonably balanced most of the time.

So there's a new invite system for WoWS:

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.eu/

It's far more immediately rewarding than the WoT one. A single match from a referred person grants them a tier 2 Diana premium ship, and a tier 5 Texas once they play their first tier 6 match.

So here's my own invite code:

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.eu/invite/XDlW25E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I've started playing this again the other day out of curiosity/boredom and I've logged on every day since.

When I was playing it before, I only really enjoyed platoon(division?) battles and when less friends were online I started playing less and less. I played my first carrier battle in a Langley and looking forward to German battleships. The first few battles in my Tirpitz were a bit embarassing though when I couldn't hit anything..

• Advertisement

There's a fairly simple mission just started to get a free Campeltown.

Advertisement