Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warships

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The next small patch brings 4 Kriegsmarine premiums for supertesters, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Hermelin, Dresden.

Patch notes are here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/22728-new-patch-notes-are-up-0404/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just had someone complain about me being a n00b using HE while playing a carrier...

picard_facepalm_bright.jpg?x=648&y=429&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had a few games after work today. Had way better day then yesterday hehe.
    Really enjoying Kuma and Omaha a lot. Had a few games in New York and could not get a win of the day. The game I did very well ended up draw... With 7 ships still alive on our side and their last battleship being peppered by us and he survived until the bell...
    I only now checked the actual ship upgrades. Damn, I expected them to be very minimal like om wot, but these look like have a lot bigger impact. If you buy them, they are permanantly attached and can't be reused on another ship?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, the hull upgrades are all specific to that hull, there's no crossover.

Spear wrote: »
    No, the hull upgrades are all specific to that hull, there's no crossover.

Cheers. When you sell ship, do you get something back for it? A mill of credits just for two upgrades seems a bit a lot, considering it's lowish tier ships ( my ones at least)

• Advertisement

Cheers. When you sell ship, do you get something back for it? A mill of credits just for two upgrades seems a bit a lot, considering it's lowish tier ships ( my ones at least)

I've never seen it explicitly stated, though I would assume so. Later hull upgrades, around tier 8+ on BBs cost 3 to 4 million credits, so it would seem prohibitive not to.

So I'm crap with my Pensacola class.

It's not like the preceding classes at all. There's a decent upgrade in firepower, since it gets 8"/203mm guns, but they fire much slower, making that bit harder to correct fire. Still the bigger guns seems more likely to get citadel hits at least. But some of this reflects the changes from the preceding CL (cruiser, light), to a CA (cruiser, armoured). But apparently the designation of CA was a political thing in line with a treaty which classed anything with 8" guns a CA, when in reality the armour was fairly thin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

he guys . just installed the game 2 days ago . loving it so far :D
    i assume as you go up the tiers you get more xp per kill etc ?

he guys . just installed the game 2 days ago . loving it so far :D
    i assume as you go up the tiers you get more xp per kill etc ?

Generally speaking in WG games, yes, the higher tiers are more rewarding in XP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I've finally got over the DD hump of starting torpedoes have only 100m longer range than spotting finally; now I'll have at least 4km in my favor which will make it soooo much easier to do torpedo runs but yea, tier 5 things are getting really expensive and I'm going to have to stop all but one line by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Well I've finally got over the DD hump of starting torpedoes have only 100m longer range than spotting finally; now I'll have at least 4km in my favor which will make it soooo much easier to do torpedo runs but yea, tier 5 things are getting really expensive and I'm going to have to stop all but one line by the looks of it.

Yeah, at tier 5 things really pick up. I got 3xtier 5 rafts now and they all ate my credits. I might focus progression om both side cruisers and maybe one battleship and destroyer on American side as part time.

So yeah got tier 5 jap cruiser furitaka furutakaand I hate it. Kuma was so much more fun and so much better. :( Guns aim speed is same as bad as battleship and reload time 24seconds... Complete opposite to lightning fast Kuma. Range us arse too.

progression is fairly fast in fairness . i have nearly unlocked the Tier 5 Kongō Battleship for japan . anyone have any experience of it ? . any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

progression is fairly fast in fairness . i have nearly unlocked the Tier 5 Kongō Battleship for japan . anyone have any experience of it ? . any good ?

Very good. Crazy good AA as well. Then the one after it is definitely not as much fun.

good sick to death of torpedo planes killing me in a battleship

so whats everyones favourite ship so far ?

Kuma and Omaha cruisers, fast shooting and nippy, what else could I want.. Both a lot of fun.

Other then that, battleships are just something I play for the won of the day and I am not that great with destroyers...

Jap. Destroyers; nothing like lining up a torpedo run on someone coming around a island and outright kill a BS etc.
    good sick to death of torpedo planes killing me in a battleship
    I can't recall the last time I took more then 1 hit from a torpedo plane by starting to turn when spotted towards them. Even a manual run should only land one hit, two if caught at a bad angle while being slow short of them committing multiple waves. I also try to focus fire them to get rid of a torpedo or two (dead planes drop no torpedos).

some early BB have terrible turn times and every time i turn towards them they seem to loop around 90 degrees and jit me from the side . well not every time but it happens a lot . at the moment im mainly switching between the Myogi BB and the Wyoming BB trying to rank them up

i cant get used to destroyers they die so easily but i love cruisers especially ones armed with torpedoes loads a fun to be had :D

some early BB have terrible turn times and every time i turn towards them they seem to loop around 90 degrees and jit me from the side . well not every time but it happens a lot . at the moment im mainly switching between the Myogi BB and the Wyoming BB trying to rank them up

i cant get used to destroyers they die so easily but i love cruisers especially ones armed with torpedoes loads a fun to be had :D

For destroyers look at their concealment range and then remember the torp range. Aim for the slow ****. So fire the torps outside of detection range and bobs your uncle really. Very satisfying to land most shots on a target from 8k away when they never knew you were even close.

One of the first things to stop doing in a DD is using your speed to run right into the enemy at the start and getting wtfpwned instantly. YOu need to let everyone settle into a fight and get tunnel visioned.

And forget that the American DD lines exist; DDs is all about the Japs. The tier 3 to 5 are challenged on the default range (i.e. torpedo range 6km, spotting range 5.9km) but they all get secondary upgrades to increase the range. My current one has spotting range of 6.0 km but torpedos reach 10km and it only gets better from there :)

Oh and torpedos from a DD don't have arming time; if you get caught next to a guy launch away (or if you feel suicidal and sneak up on a BS from the side when he's not looking)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

For destroyers look at their concealment range and then remember the torp range. Aim for the slow ****. So fire the torps outside of detection range and bobs your uncle really. Very satisfying to land most shots on a target from 8k away when they never knew you were even close.

One of the first things to stop doing in a DD is using your speed to run right into the enemy at the start and getting wtfpwned instantly. YOu need to let everyone settle into a fight and get tunnel visioned.

What about rushing the cap at the start, dropping smoke and running if a US dd comes by?

Potatoeman wrote: »
    What about rushing the cap at the start, dropping smoke and running if a US dd comes by?

Sure but I think the DD works best in a bit of open space. I usually head to a flank then once the enemy appears track along in front of their path sending torps at them as fast as I can.

EDIT: Also crazy/controversial opinion moment..... I hate capping a win in WoWs... Game is so slow I just want to get some fighting in. I'd be happy if they just got rid of cap zones in WoWs...

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Problem is a normal cruiser can usually make it there to stop it and even if you do cap you can't fight a cruiser off in close quarter so need to run away hoping your smoke will cover you long enough to get out of view range for the cruiser and their plane.

Enter the bonus code of ALBANY to get a free USS Albany premium ship.

i saw people saying that but where do you enter it

i saw people saying that but where do you enter it

Worldofwarships.eu, log in, choose enter bonus code on the dropdown menu by the username.

It's only a tier 2 US cruiser, the guns are powerful enough, but they only have a 6km range.

Spear wrote: »
    Worldofwarships.eu, log in, choose enter bonus code on the dropdown menu by the username.

It's only a tier 2 US cruiser, the guns are powerful enough, but they only have a 6km range.

Cheers that worked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

http://worldofwarships.eu/

Sign in on the top right, click your name, select "Activate Bonus Code" and then enter the code.

Okay, didn't see the latest page for some reason.

Ok having used bombers for two weeks now can someone please explain what I'm missing with them? Yes they can drop their bombs ANYWHERE unlike torpedos who need a bit of a open space but the damage when hitting (50% miss ratio at least) is pathetic. A single torpedo hit would do more damage then the bomb hits does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, bombers are really underwhelming. I haven't played carriers yet but bombers don't inspire anywhere near the same fear as torpedo bombers.

I've been playing my Cleveland the last while, shooting planes down is so much fun.

Advertisement