Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warships

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I believe the dive bombers are intended to counter the destroyers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I believe the dive bombers are intended to counter the destroyers.
    The problem is they don't do enough damage to make that possible; even on a BS I'd be lucky to get a 50/50 hit on them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya i pretty much ignore bombers but torpedo bombers scare the beschnizzle out of me.
    i hear if you approach from the back of the ship bombers do more damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The value in the bombers is setting them alight and making them use their consumables surely. I feel good sending the bombers out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The key to bombers and it's not worth the hassle imo is as above. Setting targets alight and to be effective you need to wait for a target to burn then go in with the bombers immediately to light them up again when they can't use their repair.

Frankly it's more hassle than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So I've been experimenting with manually dive bombing and wow the difference is phenomenal. Of course it's a hell of a lot harder to hit things with it but damn when you get it correct and some practice you wreck ships. I'm looking to see if there are specific areas I should go for vertically like we do for citadels on the side.

If anyone has any tips on that let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do the dive bombers bombs have enough penetration to get through the deck? I though they only had HE bombs, not AP.

Do the dive bombers bombs have enough penetration to get through the deck? I though they only had HE bombs, not AP.

I still can't be 100% sure this happened as it was late and the ship sort of just vanished but I had hit a Phoenix and took it out in a single dive bomb attack.

With manual bombing though I've been scoring up to 5k damage on some targets not counting the subsequent fire damage. It's still tricky but so far I've turned a few games around with it.

2zw9.png

2zwa.png

I'm not saying they are better than torpedo bombers but for the US when you have more fighters usually and these they can make a huge impact to the game. Oh if you are being attacked by fighters just go for the auto shot and no manual as it's as likely to hit from experience.

so guys anyone have experience of the New Mexico and the Fuso . debating which to go for next ?

Can't help there, I only got my Myogi yesterday, and haven't started the US BB line yet.

I seem to be very low on credits though. Generating XP is easy, but keeping up the silver to go with it doesn't seem to happen.

• Advertisement

i have tier V on USN and IJN BB line the Kongo is an amazing ship for the IJN im just worried the FUSO will be a step back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I've heard Kongo and Fuso are good, from players who have played them. Apparently Japanese battleships are reasonably fast.

well i got the fuso and it playes more like a USN BB its slow with short range but packs a big punch . hopefully the upgrades will improve speed and range

So the official release is the 17th, with the release patch being 0.5.0 seemingly. Full details should be out tomorrow, with some chatter about there being a surprise tech tree in it, possibly the split of the US cruisers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Probably best game to date in a destroyer; sadly there's one of these to 10 poor / average once.

I've returned this over the last two weeks due to the promise of the various free premium ships on the go. I'll have the Kamikaze R next Monday or Tuesday, and with a little luck the ARP Kongo around the same time.

I've also finished the despised Pensacola and got the New Orleans yesterday.

I doubt I'll make the ARP Myoko in time, tricksy little DDs are hard to kill.

They've revamped the commander traits and refunded everyone their points to redistribute on EU (not sure about other servers but looks like it came with the patch).

Allowed me to fix a poor choice of the 50% reload change on a few captains.

It's the same refund on all servers, needed due to the massive skill changes. Though there seems to even less choice for me. The tier 2 skills all seem useless, bar the passive less fire chance one.

It's the same refund on all servers, needed due to the massive skill changes. Though there seems to even less choice for me. The tier 2 skills all seem useless, bar the passive less fire chance one.

What about the engine/rudder one for DD ?

R0ot wrote: »

I mostly stick to cruisers, I can't really comment.

• Advertisement

I mostly stick to cruisers, I can't really comment.

It's saved me a few times now actually so get's a +1 from me.

R0ot wrote: »
    It is a must for a DD imo; if not you're dead if it's broken and with it you can keep on going anyway to dodge bullets and get back out of view range.

I just realised you're referring to Last Stand, not the improved rudder shift one. In which case, yeah, I'd say that's highly recommended for DDs. A still DD is a dead DD.

So the two new Arpeggio missions and ships are up. The rewards are the Hiei and Haruna, both Kongo class. But they're not premium, not even reward vehicles, there's no bonus XP or credits. So all they are is a reskinned Kongo, yet unlike my actualy Kongo, I can't use my IJN commander or research further ships. So all they are is a long grind to a get a new skin on a dead end ship. Am I missing anything here?

So the two new Arpeggio missions and ships are up. The rewards are the Hiei and Haruna, both Kongo class. But they're not premium, not even reward vehicles, there's no bonus XP or credits. So all they are is a reskinned Kongo, yet unlike my actualy Kongo, I can't use my IJN commander or research further ships. So all they are is a long grind to a get a new skin on a dead end ship. Am I missing anything here?
    The final commander at the end of the whole grind having 16 skill points I guess; but yea, not looking overly impressive as you can't even sell them...

Nody wrote: »
    The final commander at the end of the whole grind having 16 skill points I guess; but yea, not looking overly impressive as you can't even sell them...

The end commander is a little useful, but that commander would just end up replacing the ones for all the Arpeggio ships, rendering more of the rewards redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Be nice to have I guess. I never got the Myoko, seems my gameplay style is certainly not based around burning things! Only got about a third of the way there.

I was still on the 27 destroyers out of 30 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

They're not premiums? Not a hope of my trying the mission then. I was wondering should I go back to playing it fully to get one of the ships but not now.

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    They're not premiums? Not a hope of my trying the mission then. I was wondering should I go back to playing it fully to get one of the ships but not now.

No, they're not. It's something I had assumed they would be.

Advertisement