Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Tourismo 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    I know when I play a racing game I want to race! Ill go out to my car if I want to drive!

By "drive", I believe people are saying the cars feel better. So if you don't derive enjoyment from a good handling model alone, you're right to opt for the better 'racing' simulation (which may also have a good handling model).

Burnout, while not a simulation racer, has an excellent handling model. The cars are satisfying to use, even between 'race' events.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What makes Forza 5 quite interesting, and I've only tried the demo, and that's the clever implementation of force feedback via the new controller, I'm not sure I like it but it makes me want to try it again.
    How does Sonys new dualshock get on, offering the player the tactile nature of car driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What makes Forza 5 quite interesting, and I've only tried the demo, and that's the clever implementation of force feedback via the new controller, I'm not sure I like it but it makes me want to try it again.
    How does Sonys new dualshock get on, offering the player the tactile nature of car driving?

Afaik, the rumble feature of the ds4 is currently not enabled when used with ps3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry, I meant how does the PS4 pad get on with rumble response on PS4 racing games, but I now realise it is off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sorry, I meant how does the PS4 pad get on with rumble response on PS4 racing games, but I now realise it is off topic

We will not know till one comes out seeing that Driveclub got delayed.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    We will not know till one comes out seeing that Driveclub got delayed.

Did no one buy Need for Speed?

Did no one buy Need for Speed?

You know I completely forgot about that game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I wasnt planning on getting GT6 because I'm assuming the AI is still woeful. Can someone confirm? And is it the same set up of races since GT1 (FF, FR, Lupo cup etc etc)? And is it still standard and premium cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Cienciano wrote: »
    I wasnt planning on getting GT6 because I'm assuming the AI is still woeful. Can someone confirm?

Confirmed. It's got that bizarre reverse rubber-banding where the leader takes off on rocket fuel, then seems to wait for you to pass them on the last lap

Gran Turismo 6 launch sales were just a fifth of GT5's in the UK, it came in at 8th in the charts and was the weeks only major release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-gran-turismo-6-launch-sales-were-just-a-fifth-of-gt5s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'd blame the review embargo for that. Seeing as it reviewed really well they could have done with the publicity.

I caved there and got it on play.com for €45 inc free delivery.

COYVB wrote: »
    Confirmed. It's got that bizarre reverse rubber-banding where the leader takes off on rocket fuel, then seems to wait for you to pass them on the last lap
    The AI on GT drives me mad. Lots of things in GT5 drive me mad. Tyre wear, the menus, b-spec, grinding, 24 hour races, arcade mode garage, premium/standard cars etc.
    As much as I played the last one (twice cos I lost my save file) I can't be arsed with this one.
    Gran Turismo 6 launch sales were just a fifth of GT5's in the UK, it came in at 8th in the charts and was the weeks only major release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-gran-turismo-6-launch-sales-were-just-a-fifth-of-gt5s
    I think cos GT5 was the first on the ps3 and it had taken so long and the anticipation was so big. But this one is going to be fairly similar to 5 so hardly worth upgrading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think cos GT5 was the first on the ps3 and it had taken so long and the anticipation was so big. But this one is going to be fairly similar to 5 so hardly worth upgrading.

It's not even the full game, additional components are to be patched in!

It's not even the full game, additional components are to be patched in!
    They're really trying hard for me to want this game.
    They should have went balls out, completely redesigned the whole game and released it on the ps4. If they did, i'd probably have bought a ps4. But the idea of the same old crap with a couple of extra cars is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

They should have went balls out, completely redesigned the whole game and released it on the ps4. If they did, i'd probably have bought a ps4. But the idea of the same old crap with a couple of extra cars is boring.

I was thinking the same to be honest but I went and got the game anyway.

IMO it was worth it. Great tracks and improvements to menus, progression system and few other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My buddy got it and he was very disappointed.

He plays a lot with his friend and he said there are only like 15 cars in split screen? You need to buy all cars yourself? Is that correct?

Strituck wrote: »
    I was thinking the same to be honest but I went and got the game anyway.

IMO it was worth it. Great tracks and improvements to menus, progression system and few other bits.
    TBH, after reading the destructoid review and this:
    http://www.destructoid.com/gran-turismo-6-vs-forza-motorsport-5-266972.phtml
    And remembering I have an argos voucher card with €70 on it, I'm starting to change my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

GT7 should be out on P4 next November/December I believe

Probably around the time I hope to pick up a ps4. But if GT5 is anything to go by, it'll be november 2016 :pac:

Probably around the time I hope to pick up a ps4. But if GT5 is anything to go by, it'll be november 2016 :pac:

In fairness gt6 came out when it was announced.

I am still on the fence about gt6. I got way too much of stuff. I wait for it to get cheaper.

• Advertisement

yeah, grid 2 was out on ps plus and I haven't even started it yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

well after collecting on Friday and playing over the weekend have to say I wasn't disappointed. I got the 15th anniversary edition so lots of free dlc...some lovely cars, great tracks and locations...raced thorugh some of the early races and will be going for the national b licence at the weekend!!! I think the interface is very good and easy to navigate through

As a gamer who's never gone in for online play i think i might have to give it a go with this...just to see how good it is

Gran Turismo 6 glitch lets players farm 20 million credits repeatedly.

Gran Turismo 6 players have found a glitch that lets them earn 20 million credits over and over without any penalty or cap.

It comes after Gran Turismo 6 patch 1.0.1 gifted players a Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo car. The clip above shows you how to sell the car, delete the patch, re-install, and keep selling the car over and over. It nets you 20 million credits each time.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/gran-turismo-6-glitch-lets-players-farm-20-million-credits-repeatedly/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Gran Turismo 6 glitch lets players farm 20 million credits repeatedly.

I have done this. It works nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have gold in all the first 2 sections , and have abouT 180000 in credits. Any particular way of getting quick credits so I can get to 1,000,000 to do this glitch before it is patched out. I mean good races for it, or what races to aim to get to. I was just trying to get all the stars and all gold in the licences as I go along. BTW don't really see it as cheating , as this is all available through paying real for them anyway !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

39.99 from this Friday in hmv as part of the deal of the week.

39.99 from this Friday in hmv as part of the deal of the week.

Would that make HMV and Extravision? Or HMV big shops only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Would that make HMV and Extravision? Or HMV big shops only?

Both shops

• Advertisement

Both shops

Well, Ill give a buzz to my local extravision so. You better be right or I will come after you with a big knife! :pac:

Advertisement