Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Cannes - R2C 2014 (Jan 11th & Feb 1st @ XGC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hackle serpent

I'll be able to make the January day but due to exams won't be able for the February day. Hope to get bodied in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Keep hating guys, I'ma body you all free anyway... both in raffle and ae.

I also accept money matches in AE, easy money is always good.

tAbrxJ3.png

It's a shame you cant ragequit in real life tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Ramza wrote: »
    tAbrxJ3.png

Photoshop :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Photoshop :eek:

Nope, keep those free ex zonks coming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »

Exposed

funny.gif.pagespeed.ce.vWo7G8TGr5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I just found this on my laptop when I was trying to make excel sheets for this weekend.......

BTW. Ladno won nothing of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I just found this on my laptop when I was trying to make excel sheets for this weekend.......

BTW. Ladno won nothing of note.
    I was wondering where was this vid lol. BTW. I won a sfxt T shirt that tournament.....

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

That guy on his own, that's gonna be me

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

dont think many/any of us are gonna make it in the end.. hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Can't make Feb 1st due to work schedule, but I'll definitely be there this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

dont think many/any of us are gonna make it in the end.. hope it goes well

Not with that attitude you won't, Chuckles.

Lythero wrote: »
    Not with that attitude you won't, Chuckles.

Hope you don't miss your ride like last time...

Nutrient wrote: »
    Hope you don't miss your ride like last time...

Hope you don't forget your meds like every ti- oh sorry you're just always stoopid.

Hope you don't forget your meds like every ti- oh sorry you're just always stoopid.

I'm legitimately concerned:mad:

We can't start marvel early with your pale arse being late now CAN we?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I won't be able to make this one after all. :(

But with luck I will be able to attend the February one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm back to my post-Christmas routine of... having usable internet.

Since I'm the point of contact for Melee, I'm gonna run a slightly modified version of the Evo rules
    • Game version: PAL
    • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
    • Double-blind char select in first match
    • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
    • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
    • Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
    • Casual caveat: If neither player cares about stage bans or blind char select, games can go to random select of legal stages
    • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
    • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
    • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
    • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Also I plan on winning both of these, so come at me bros

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I'm back to my post-Christmas routine of... having usable internet.

Since I'm the point of contact for Melee, I'm gonna run a slightly modified version of the Evo rules
    • Game version: PAL
    • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
    • Double-blind char select in first match
    • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
    • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
    • Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
    • Casual caveat: If neither player cares about stage bans or blind char select, games can go to random select of legal stages
    • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
    • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
    • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
    • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Also I plan on winning both of these, so come at me bros

When's Brawl?

[*] Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games

Just saying, if there are a lot of attendants, that could take a hell of a long time to run.

As in like, maybe consider changing the stock and time limit on the day if a LOT of folks show up.

Just saying, if there are a lot of attendants, that could take a hell of a long time to run.

As in like, maybe consider changing the stock and time limit on the day if a LOT of folks show up.

Yeah I thought about that.

Game lengths are massively variable by skill level though, and the longest matches are going to between lower level players of equal skill.

Conversely Higher level players rack up damage and get low % kills very quickly.

So average match length in our Smash tournaments goes way down as we progress through the bracket

Also considering that Melee is the only game that won't be a Xbox/PS3 resource drain on the other tournaments, AND that we can easily swing 2 or 3 setups if people bring kit; I have a feeling we'll probably wrap up the quickest out of all the side tournaments.
    When's Brawl?

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just a wee thing if anyone wants to add a bit of extra fun on the day.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057116401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

When's Brawl?

When's Project M?

When's Project M?

If someone (not me) wants to bring consoles for project M, and we're all good for time, we can have casuals for Project M once we've wrapped up the Melee tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

When's Project M?
    If someone (not me) wants to bring consoles for project M, and we're all good for time, we can have casuals for Project M once we've wrapped up the Melee tournament.

I have Project M working on my setup, which I'll invariably have with me on the day.

Casuals will be at the mercy of tournament play - FYI :cool:

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Casuals will be at the mercy of tournament play - FYI :cool:

But of course

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i will be attending both tournaments hopefully. And two other players will hopefully be coming to at least one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hackle serpent

What time should one arrive at the XGC for the Marvel sign ups? About half an hour before hand I guess?

What time should one arrive at the XGC for the Marvel sign ups? About half an hour before hand I guess?

Yeh. Should be therefrom 12.30 to take registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Travelling from Donegal to only play SF. I can be at busaras at either 11am or 1pm, which would be best?

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Travelling from Donegal to only play SF. I can be at busaras at either 11am or 1pm, which would be best?

11. Get some casuals in beforehand. Warm up yall. We officially have the place from 1 but I will be there from 12.30.

Advertisement