Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Cannes - R2C 2014 (Jan 11th & Feb 1st @ XGC)

Options
  • 03-12-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are gonna run a Road to Cannes series (2 events in Jan and Feb) at the XGC in order to get some practise in for the trip and to also run competitions for sending a player or two over to rep us at the event.

FB event page - invite people :)
    http://tinyurl.com/q4odlgc

This will be geared towards Cannes, obviously, so the main tournaments will be SF and Marvel. These will be straight double elimination with Seed points being disseminated to the relevant players.

I will also have side tournys of BB, IJ and Melee. This will probably consist of one console as the main event will be for games being played at Cannes.

Tournament Details
    Usual Rules from DoC or similar.
    uMvC3 - 1pm start. Double elim
    AEv2012 - 3pm start. Double elim

These will all start at the same time as I think (THINK) there is little or no cross over on these. They are all single elimination.
    BB (Best of 3) - 2pm
    Injustice (Best of 5) - 2pm
    Melee (Best of 3) - 2pm

Costs
    Venue Entry : €5
    AEv2012 : €5
    Marvel : €5

BB, IJ and Melee will only be €3. This is to chip into the pot for the main prize detailed below.

The Prize
    We will randomly draw a person who entered in either event and fund them to go to Cannes. Flights and accommodation. This lottery will enable everyone who enters the event to have a chance to be sent. Each entrant will get 1 place in the draw for entering and each will receive a ticket. You can then purchase additional tickets for the draw at a cost of 10 euro for a line of 5 or 3 euro each..... to be finalised. The draw will take place at the second event circa 5ish. If the winner is not present on that day to claim their prize, then they forfeit their winnings to the next person drawn. This is to facilitate the booking of flights and accommodation - which by Feb will be late enough.

Additional Prize
    In addition to this, we will, funds permitting, send the the highest placed person from the most attended of the two games (SF or Marvel)...... AND, if we get enough money together, send the highest placed player in the second most attended game.

I think the random nature of this prize structure will encourage people to come and also, as a result, provide the platform to send the winners as outlined above. There will be seed points available (to be fully confirmed) and will be awarded per place finishing for those going.

This is all dependant on numbers of course so bring one bring all. As per usual, it would be very helpful if people could vote to let us know if you are gonna come to either event so we can plan accordingly.

Aj

Are you going? 30 votes

Yes, I will be at both events
    0% 0 votes
    I will only be able to make the Jan one
    60% 18 votes
    I will only be able to make the Feb one
    16% 5 votes
    No I hate you all and won't be going
    23% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Cannes?

Melee side tourney?

Yo lets do this thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

only people living in Ireland are able to win the Cannes trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

ladnopoka wrote: »
    only people living in Ireland are able to win the Cannes trip?

It is a random draw. There is no need to limit this to Irish players only. You can buy loads of tickets to stack the deck if you want.

The seed point allocation will be for Irish players only.

The secondary prize of sending the winners of the game tourneys will only be open to Irish players. (number dependant)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can we have the draw at some time when all players are there, and not at the start/end of the event? Just for people catching buses etc. 5pm should be ok, but maybe marvel players might have left.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Can we have the draw at some time when all players are there, and not at the start/end of the event? Just for people catching buses etc. 5pm should be ok, but maybe marvel players might have left.

I'd say by 3/4 on the second day we will have all the info and participants we need to make the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh its happening on the 11th, score! I'll be there!

It goes without saying so I'll say it.... You must be over 18 to claim your prize and everything is subject to terms and conditions I have yet to make up.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    It goes without saying so I'll say it.... You must be over 18 to claim your prize and everything is subject to terms and conditions I have yet to make up.

but Fergus is only 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll try my best to make both events.. No promises though due to college work etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

This looks like good fun. I will be able to make the first one but I am not sure about the second one yet, I will have to see further to the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Let me know if I can help you promote the events ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Get hype for sf again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SysToMatiC

I'm gonna be making the hop across the pond to attend the January tourney. Big thanks to Doyler for letting me crash at his over the weekend :D

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

SysToMatiC wrote: »
    I'm gonna be making the hop across the pond to attend the January tourney. Big thanks to Doyler for letting me crash at his over the weekend :D

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Right lads. The English are coming over to Beast. Better practise more. Don't want to have to rely on stevo to rep.... Haven't seen him round lately.

Hi systomatic. Welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Do you have to be going to cannes cuz i wanna go to this but can't go to cannes

SuperChar wrote: »
    Do you have to be going to cannes cuz i wanna go to this but can't go to cannes

No, not at all young man. All are welcome. Our only condition is that if you do win the prize, you cannot be sent to Cannes. This is merely due to age restrictions for flights and accommodation etc. You are more than welcome on both days.

If you do win, or anyone wins who cannot go, then the draw is made again to determine who does go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'll be there, want to get the most out of Seth before ultra, rip

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Despite poll results and lack of replies to this thread, attendance is shaping up nicely for this one.

Get hype lads! Get it together. Last big chance for AE in Ireland before Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ill be going

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'll be der.

Should be some good funs

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there bee-atches. Mahvel gonna be so free. See you scrubs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Mahvel gonna be so free..

Jokes on you, It's €5 entry :P

I'll be there for coms

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Oh I'll be there with crayons and paper

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Raawron wrote: »
    Oh I'll be there with crayons and paper

If you could put some paper in front of Ladno's face while he's playing I'd appreciate it :D

The No Ladno club.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Coming to this

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Should be off on the 11th, if so, I'll definitely be there.

Hi Lads. This is on next week so I wanted to update and basically confirm the start times and final prices for everything. Most things are the same but I have bolded everything for clarity.

Tournament Start Times

Run on 360
    uMvC3 - 1pm start. Double elim
    AEv2012 - 2pm start. Double elim

Run on Ps3
    BlazBlue (Best of 3) - 2pm Single Elimination
    Injustice (Best of 5) - 2pm Single Elimination

Run on Wii
    Melee (Best of 3) - 2pm Single Elimination

Costs
    Venue Entry :€5

AEv2012 : €5
    Marvel : €5

BB, IJ and Melee will be €4.

Prize Allocation
    The draw will be made on the second day event. We will be keeping a record of each entrant to any game and each person will have a raffle ticket assigned to them.

Additional raffle tickets will be on sale on each day at the front desk. These names WILL NOT be taken so you must keep a hold of the ticket to claim your prize. This is important. Don't lose them. The final price of the extra raffle tickets is €3 for one or €10 for 5. ALL TICKETS will be securely stored and the draw will be done by a randomly nabbed person on the day.

When the draw is made we will be drawing 10 tickets in order. This is to cater for people not being able to go etc. If you are drawn first, you have first refusal. Second has second etc etc. I will then have a list of people. You will have till the Monday after to decide to go or not. This is due to us having to purchase flights etc.

In the event of the ideal scenario where we can send the winners of SF & Marvel to Cannes as well (if enough come, this can happen) the following rules apply

1) We will take an aggregate placing over the two events so finishing high on the list is desirable as some may not be at both events. If here is a draw then a FT5 on the second day will be run.

2) If the person cannot go to Cannes, then the place goes to the next highest place. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

3) The prize is not transferrable and will require an up to date passport to travel etc.

Thats it for now I think. bring the Hype
    Aj

• Advertisement

Keep hating guys, I'ma body you all free anyway... both in raffle and ae.

I also accept money matches in AE, easy money is always good.

Advertisement