Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this November: December Edition

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pulled out the Wii for my niece and nephew to play over Christmas.

I had stopped Skyward Sword in February 2012 (about 10 hours into the game), so I resumed my game last night and ended up playing it for 5 hours straight. :o

Really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want to just that with Skyward Sword but my son is having a Zelda-tastic Christmas this year with Wind Waker HD, Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess in his stocking, not to mention Hyrule Historica as well.
    I think we'll have physical copies of everything on the original formats barring the two Nes games, which I'll correct during the year.
    Don't think I'll get to use the WiiU for some time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and onto SR2. Gaming doesn't get better than them!

Finished SR2 and onto Blood Omen 2! Have also started Guacamelee on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just finished Spec ops the line....thats two games in one month; you can tell its Christmas. Anyway, thought the game was very 'meh'. I played out the last two hours just to get it over and done with really. The gameplay got very monotonous, as did the environments. The story line was at least a little bit interesting although it gets dragged down by game part of the game.

Not sure what I will move onto next....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I finally finished Brutal Legend last night after being stuck on a driving section for ages

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finally finished Brutal Legend last night after being stuck on a driving section for ages

I enjoyed that game at the start but by the end those RTS sections felt like the game wasn't worth beating. They were just too hard for me. The trick seemed to be to rush the enemy and finish them off before they got the higher level units. I like to relax and build up an army in my single player RTS games. I was really disappointed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I was the same until I read a bit by the creators saying that the RTS elements were suppose to be minimal and the flying bit s were just for scouting & quickly getting back to the stage. It was made with the idea of getting into the thick of things fast and using the double team...It doesn't have the complexity or variety of terrain to be a true RTS anyway. As much as I liked the combat and driving, the story and humour were my favorite bits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. What a fantastic game. I also finished the 2 DLC packs as well which were loads of fun. Excellent game and it almost makes up for the let down of MGS4.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. What a fantastic game. I also finished the 2 DLC packs as well which were loads of fun. Excellent game and it almost makes up for the let down of MGS4.

I have that with PS+. I am tossing up between it and DMC. Any advice?

sarumite wrote: »
    I have that with PS+. I am tossing up between it and DMC. Any advice?

Rising all the way. DMC is a poor man's brawler while Metal Gear Rising is pure Platinum Games class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rising all the way. DMC is a poor man's brawler while Metal Gear Rising is pure Platinum Games class.

Another game where Retr0gamer is not happy with a game :rolleyes:. Having played both myself i would say DMC is a lot better then Rising but i will say i love Platinum Games other games but just did not like the idea of heaving no block button in Rising i no there is a way to block but its a pain in the ass to use

Another game where Retr0gamer is not happy with a game :rolleyes:

So what? People have different opinions, deal with it.

There's no block button because the game uses a parry system. It makes the whole game very offensive and a whoie lot of fun. DMC on the other hand is a halfway point between God of War and the original Devil May Cry and while it starts off decent it gets pretty dull towards the end and the colour coded enemies were a huge design mistake since the force you to use certain weapons on them taking away your freedom to create silly combos. It's not bad but it's not a patch on anything Platinum have done or DMC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm half way through marathon on my mac. It's not aged all that badly really :)

Praetorian wrote: »
    I'm half way through marathon on my mac. It's not aged all that badly really :)

The first one or Durandal? Durandal is pretty good but found it hard to get into the first Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bought Brothers: a tale about 2 sons today and finished it in one sitting.

I am sort of happy I bought it only for 4.19 and at the same time I am annoyed that I wasted 4.19eu.

I heard so much good about it and it was TB most favourite game of 2013, but I cant really see why. Its an okay game, but if I would have spent 14eu on it I would WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Finished far cry blood dragon yesterday and Trine 2 today :) Having some time off to myself is nice.

Just Finished Gone Home. I was a similar age to the sisters around 1995, so I could associate with much of the period. While there was some nice touches (the clearly recorded on an 8 track band music) overall I am not sure what all the rage is about. It was an interesting story telling device I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished both Deadlight and Sniper Elite V2 in the last week. Enjoyed both games particularly Sniper Elite. I'd be happy with the amount of games i've cleared in my steam library over the last month if i hadn't ended up buying so many more in the sale.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to finish off Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood this month, now playing through Revelations and have to download 3 after picking them up in the Steam sales.

Finished Sonic the Hedgehog with all the chaos emeralds! :) Of course I've done it before but the new 3DS 3D releases of the Sega games just have such amazing emulation and the amount of passion put into them it deserves to be played again.

I also beat Bioshock 2 but I'm now going through Minerva's Den so hope to have that done before the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Bioshock 2 out of the way. Minerva's Den was great, much better than the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finished Sonic the Hedgehog with all the chaos emeralds! :) Of course I've done it before but the new 3DS 3D releases of the Sega games just have such amazing emulation and the amount of passion put into them it deserves to be played again.

I also beat Bioshock 2 but I'm now going through Minerva's Den so hope to have that done before the end of the month.

Have you played Galaxy Force II yet? If there's one game to show that you don't actually need polygons to render a 3D environment, this is it. Looks amazing.

Such a shame the MD port was pants.

It's the one I was most interested in, it looks absolutely glorious on in 3D. You have to hand it it M2's dedication to making it as authentic as possible. It even emulates the movement of the arcade machine right down an option of adding in the sound of the hydraulics moving and the click of the fire button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished Dishonored last night, the only game completed in December - really enjoyed it for the most part, though I felt the ending was a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Just updating my list.

3DS
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Kingdom Hearts 3D

PS3
    Ni No Kuni
    LOTR War in the North
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    The Last Of Us
    Mafia 2

Xbox 360
    Blops 2
    Halo 4
    Assassins Creed 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    Bioshock Infinite (Twice)
    The Darkness 2 (Twice)
    Resident Evil 6
    Dark Souls
    Tomb Raider
    Halo 4 Legendary Playthrough (360)

Adding:

Remember Me (PS3)
    The Witcher 2 (360)
    Assassins Creed 4 (PS3)
    The Last Of Us 2nd (Playthrough)

That's that for the year, was a pretty successful year I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

finished COD ghosts, should get GTAV finished tonight, hopefully I'll manage to get max payne 3, brothers and red dead redemption done before I have to go back to work on the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finished gta5 last night, what a game.

Advertisement