Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this November: December Edition

Options
  • 02-12-2013 2:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭

November was a pretty naff month for me on the game completion front. I've been jumping between far too many games. I did beat Halo 4 and Gunman Clive which were about 6 hours and 2 hours long respectively.

Mostly I've been playing the crap out of Shin Megai Tensei 4. I'm 25 hours in and probably won't get it completed this month either since it seems like a massive game. Maybe I'll get through a few shorter ones and finish work for a long holiday in two weeks time, although I'll probably use that time to work on my own game rather than play games.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am getting distracted by the infux of games from PSN+, but I am anxious to get somewhere in Far Cry 3, before throwing myself into GTA5, finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I finished Arkham Origins (360) in November & Blackgate (PS Vita) in November. Have a very healthy backlog & bought Sleeping Dogs this evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm somewhere in Far Cry 3, it's a bit boring to be honest.

Tried out Assassin's Creed 3, and that is just FRUSTRATING.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Last of Us was the only thing i finished last month i think. This month i want to finish off Assassins Creed 4, and try complete NG+ with my new Dark Souls character.

Also, will finally start Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Played/Finished "Gone Home" yesterday, great wee experience tbh. Love games like that, small 3 or 4 hour game just immersing myself in the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I got through Bulletstorm, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Last of Us in November. Also finished off all the Teensies in Rayman Legends.

Super Mario 3D World, Batman Arkham Origins and Assassins Creed 3 are what I'll do in December. I keep meaning to go back to Darksiders and Metro 2033 as well, think I was about halfway through each when I last played them. Bioshock 2 and Walking Dead are high on my list as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm vowing to clear Resident evil 6 by 2014. I've only completed one campaign and need to complete 3 more. Trouble is I only get to play at the weekend, but my wife works in retail and will be in very weekend day til christmas.

Then its God of War Ascension and I'm picking up Gran Tourismo 6 this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

BioShock Infinity boxed off on Sunday.

The more I read about it online the more I think its genius (yet I didn't necessarily feel that way whilst playing it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Finally completed Persona 3 FES for the first time, clocking in around 80 hours and just under an hour for the final battle. I'm a bit burned out on it since I've been playing it and nothing else since I wanted it completed but it was so worth it for the ending, but will probably leave the epilogue 'The Answer' until a few weeks from now.

No idea what I'm gonna try and play next, I've way too many games across my PC, PS3 and Vita. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Still havent finished the 2 games I set myself for November!

Am almost there, last boss in Dragon's Crown (but need to level up a lot more) and in the final area in Trails in the Sky.

Really want to start Dragon's Dogma and will probably do so over Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

but will probably leave the epilogue 'The Answer' until a few weeks from now.

I wouldn't bother with 'The Answer'. It's not very well balanced and all the fights are really tough and annoying. There's also no heal points before bosses which gets annoying very quickly. My girlfriend watched all the cutscenes and said the story was stupid was well and most people I've talked to say it's not worth it. I gave up and tried something better after a while.

Best to take a long break then get stuck into Persona 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with 'The Answer'. It's not very well balanced and all the fights are really tough and annoying. There's also no heal points before bosses which gets annoying very quickly. My girlfriend watched all the cutscenes and said the story was stupid was well and most people I've talked to say it's not worth it. I gave up and tried something better after a while.

Best to take a long break then get stuck into Persona 4!

I've heard that about it yeah but I'll probably give it a try regardless just to say I had.

I've already beaten P4 and P4G separately! :D I've got Persona 4 Arena sitting there and haven't given it much of a try since I'm not huge on fighting games, let alone ArkSys fighting games but I'm probably gonna give it another go since I actually understand and know all of the P3 characters and their stories aside from P4's ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished Psychonauts today - first time I had ever played it, was a little worried about playing a 2005 game for the first time in 2013 but shouldn't have been concerned, it was great! Really enjoyed it.

Now a choice between Dishonored or Assassin's Creed 2; have never played an AC game but have that one plus AC: Brotherhood in my stockpile. Any recommendation between the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Trying to clear my Steam backlog a bit so just played through Back To the Future the game. Just need to decide what to clear next. On the console front BF4 has me tied up. I have Batman Arkham Origins sitting but havig played two hours it hasn't pulled me in enough to pull me away from BF4.

Trying to clear my Steam backlog a bit so just played through Back To the Future the game. Just need to decide what to clear next. On the console front BF4 has me tied up. I have Batman Arkham Origins sitting but havig played two hours it hasn't pulled me in enough to pull me away from BF4.

BF4 is some game
    Might be next in my backlog...getting GT6 but if i tried to clear that i'd need til next december ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

ionapaul wrote: »
    Finished Psychonauts today - first time I had ever played it, was a little worried about playing a 2005 game for the first time in 2013 but shouldn't have been concerned, it was great! Really enjoyed it.

Now a choice between Dishonored or Assassin's Creed 2; have never played an AC game but have that one plus AC: Brotherhood in my stockpile. Any recommendation between the two?

Have to say I found both Dishonoured and AC 2 both excellent games..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This looks like a support group I need to join.

I play mostly League of legends, world of wacraft, Fifa and battlefield 4, yet continuously buy new games, leave them in wrappers and barely ever play them.

Whats the deal, just pick a game and finish it?

TheDoc wrote: »
    This looks like a support group I need to join.

I play mostly League of legends, world of wacraft, Fifa and battlefield 4, yet continuously buy new games, leave them in wrappers and barely ever play them.

Whats the deal, just pick a game and finish it?

Pick an unwrapped game and finish by the end of the month

Post updates on your progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

brinty wrote: »

That sounds quite easy :o:rolleyes:

brinty wrote: »

**** me where to start, I have three weeks of over christmas. so much to choose from , might let the public decide :D

• Advertisement

**** me where to start, I have three weeks of over christmas. so much to choose from , might let the public decide :D

G'wan give us the voting power :rolleyes:

http://poll.pollcode.com/4618249

Few options there of some games I just thought of the top of my head.

My Steam library has over 120 titles, and jesus my consoles, I've wasted so much money on games I've never played :(

My Steam library has over 120 titles, and jesus my consoles, I've wasted so much money on games I've never played :(

Resi 5 is a decent one..i might go through it again myself after i clear resi 6..I'm just a small bit of a resi fan ;)

the more serious gamers will go with darksiders and batman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I love a poll :p

Deadheat between, Resi, GTA and Darksider.

Might just be a man and choose GTA5 and Darksiders, make it happen

First playthourgh of System Shock 2 (Yes I know it's sinful). I started a couple of months back and played a few hours. Never got around to completing it. I got the gog version so I am still unsure if I want to play with the graphics mods I downloaded or just play vanilla. Any thoughts?

Please no spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Finished Uncharted 3 today, weakest of the 3 for me which still makes it better than 95% of other games.

Not sure what to select next from the disgraceful back log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Managed to clear Gone Home and Limbo over the last few days. It helps that they're both short. Really enjoyed both though. Moving onto Reus next.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I was planning on finishing Remember Me but I think I might give up on it, really don't like the combat and the memory sequences. I finished GTAV just at the end of November.

• Advertisement

Well Doc, which game did you go for in the end?? and how are ye progressing

Advertisement