Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this November: December Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn you Shin Megami Tensei IV. Thought I was near the end and now the game has just opened up even more. On the other hand I've still loads more of this great game to play :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    First playthourgh of System Shock 2 (Yes I know it's sinful). I started a couple of months back and played a few hours. Never got around to completing it. I got the gog version so I am still unsure if I want to play with the graphics mods I downloaded or just play vanilla. Any thoughts?

Please no spoilers!

install the graphics mods, but there's a couple of popular mods that change the gmae slightly iirc.. leave them for the second playthrough

i only played it for the first time a few months ago myself, played it 3-4 times now.. amazing game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was planning on finishing Remember Me but I think I might give up on it, really don't like the combat and the memory sequences. I finished GTAV just at the end of November.

Same, got it free with PS+ and find its not a great game, combat was a joke coming off Arkham Origins. Pity, it had amazing art direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Finished Far Cry 3, but no way am I arsed to collect the remaining 60 relics, or go through the entire game AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I bought divinity II of xboxlive for €18. It does its best to make you hate it but after a while everything opens up and it turns out it is a little gem under that horrible UI and "autosave" function. Its worth the money if you really like rpgs and have gone through all the headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Finished Hitman Absolution a few days back. Trying to clear up some HD space, so tried to finish X-Com: The Bureau, but got fed up with it. Shame really, it had great potential.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished Thomas Was Alone earlier. Never thought I'd get so emotionally attached to a bunch of rectangles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm a confessed Steam hoarder (500+ games), have a large DS and 3DS collection and have a WiiU under the tree. Yet I hardly ever have time to play.

I'm going to try to finish Zelda ALBW and the latest Tomb Raider this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finally got time to finish Tomb Raider. Damn fine game, if a little unchallenging on the puzzle/platform end of things. Excellent coming-of-age writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished Braid. Next up will be back to Wind Waker HD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Was going through my backlog and I found alot of games I was on the last level and never bet :O.

Tomb Raider Guardian of light
    Nights Into Dreams
    Dust An Elysian Tail

Currently Playing through:

Shin megami Tensei Lucifer Call
    Etrian Odyseey
    Final Fantasy 3
    zone of the enders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Glebee

Restarting Skyrim and this time going to give it some decent time, any must have mods I should install??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got sick of Demon's Souls so took a break and played To the Moon for the evening yesterday. Bloody hell, I thought The Last of Us was bad but this was a whole other level of feels. :(

Definitely recommend giving it a go if it's sitting in your backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Got sick of Demon's Souls so took a break and played To the Moon for the evening yesterday. Bloody hell, I thought The Last of Us was bad but this was a whole other level of feels. :(

Definitely recommend giving it a go if it's sitting in your backlog.

I'd recommend To The Moon to anyone. Very touching story that you don't see in a lot of games.

Anyway back to the thread topic and i've gotten bored of Reus. So gave up on it for now and decided to play Costume Quest instead which ive been meaning to get to for the last couple of years. Really good game though. I've finished the main story and doing the Grubbins On Ice addon now.

On my 360 i've finished the campaign on BF4, which was unimpressive really though
    i did enjoy sending that annoying guy Irish to his death at the end.

Started playing Spec Ops the Line after that and enjoying it so far. Really like the focus on the consequences of conflict in this game. Played through the infamous phosphorus bit last night and it is a bit shocking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finished Shin Megami Tensei IV. Really great game. I'm considering a new game+. If it wasn't for mario world I'd have it as my favourite this year. Insanely good soundtrack as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cleared Gunpoint last night. Fantastic little game, and definitely worth the 5 or so euro i spent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Cleared Costume Quest. Great game though the combat gets a bit boring after a while.

Been playing the Stanley Parable over the last couple of days. Really funny game. Just looked at some of the achievements and they really made me laugh. One is earned by playing the Stanley Parable for the entire duration of a Tuesday. Another is dont play for 5 years. And then there the unachievable achievement.:D

Finished Demon's Souls last night. Thought it was great, though not nearly as good as Dark Souls. It seemed next to impossible to get weapons fully upgraded and I preferred the more open worldish design in Dark Souls.

I liked that the story line wasn't nearly as obtuse in Demon's Souls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I've gone back to Dragon's Dogma. I bought it around its release, played it for a few hours and couldn't get into it. Months later I gave it another go and really enjoyed it. Got up to the second last main mission then I must have seen a Dark Souls video or post or something to force me into yet another playthrough of that. Downloaded Dark Arisen a few weeks ago and am gonna see it through this time. Trying to remember what I was doing is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Just finished binary domain, I'm surprised how much I really enjoyed it. Will finish the last episode of walking dead season one this weekend then on to beyonetta or infamous 2 (or any other game I get for Xmas...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Might not have them done by the end of the month but over the Xmas break I will be completing Metal Gear Rising and The Witcher 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and onto SR2. Gaming doesn't get better than them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

This is interesting as I decided the other day to clear out my backlog of unplayed games and then I find this thread. Finished Skyrim this week (if you can ever call that game finished), in the process of finishing Max Payne 3 and then on to Tomb Raider after that. It's a great time to be a gamer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am getting distracted by the infux of games from PSN+, but I am anxious to get somewhere in Far Cry 3, before throwing myself into GTA5, finally.

and here was I thinking I was the only one not to have it played much. Will be hoping to do it in January. Just bought FF VII of steam for €4.50 today so will start that also both in the next month or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just Finished Trine 2. I had picked it up ages ago on Steam but never got around to playing. Really fun side scrolling puzzle platfomer game. It looks great, really colourful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

About 5hrs into Sleeping Dogs, its a bit more meh than I thought. I don't think the fighting system is good enough to cover so much of the combat(the environment takedown are cool enough though), the counter system is very iffy when enemies use weapons also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

GTR63 wrote: »
    About 5hrs into Sleeping Dogs, its a bit more meh than I thought. I don't think the fighting system is good enough to cover so much of the combat(the environment takedown are cool enough though), the counter system is very iffy when enemies use weapons also.

I personally loved the game. I found the story particularly interesting considering it was an open world game. The combat was very similar to batman which I had just completed, but I didn't hate it either. That said I think was hooked by 5 hours so not sure if I would encourage you to stick wth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The combat is a bit more rough and ready than Batman. It kinda reminds me of The Warriors or Bully as much as Batman. I do enjoy the story although I felt they suspected that Wei was a cop too early. I'm going to keep going but I was expecting a more polished game.

Completed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon tonight, great fun altogether, brilliant homage to all things 80's. Genuinely laugh out loud funny in places too.

Tomb Raider next I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Finally got round to finishing the last few levels of Rayman: Origins. Not sure if I want to try 100% it, but I do want to get all the gems to play the extra levels.

Advertisement