Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 24 days of Advent/Dunnes 12 days of Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I think it was a picture link that I followed snubbleste.
    I went through every page here actually before posting so...

Anyway, hopefully someone might remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

It was tesco - Flavored Bailey's for 9.90 last week sometime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

B0jangles wrote: »
    It was tesco - Flavored Bailey's for 9.90 last week sometime.
    It's €12 at the minute, so not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Dunnes deal for today is..Box of King Crisps or Tayto for 3.99. I heard an ad for it on the radio.

spannerism wrote: »
    Dunnes deal for today is..Box of King Crisps or Tayto for 3.99. I heard an ad for it on the radio.
    Again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's €12 at the minute, so not too bad

Thanks Snubbleste & Bojangles.
    I might just pay that so. €12 isn't too bad. The hazelnut one is lovely in an irish coffee after Christmas dinner :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

snubbleste wrote: »
    Again?

"Dunnes deal for today is..Box of King Crisps or Tayto for 3.99. I heard an ad for it on the radio"

"Dunnes deal for today is..Box of King Crisps or Tayto for 3.99. I heard an ad for it on the radio"
    Get yer coat! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

And 18 cans of coke for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

All (Tesco/Dunnes) just junk food .. is Christmas only about sweets and unhealthy food? And government is surprised that people are fat when supermarkets have promotions only on high calorie products. Wish they would sell something (as part of advent calendar) that is actually good for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

Flahavans multiseed & fruit porridge on offer 2 euro in Tesco ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,271 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

198321 wrote: »
    All (Tesco/Dunnes) just junk food .. is Christmas only about sweets and unhealthy food? And government is surprised that people are fat when supermarkets have promotions only on high calorie products. Wish they would sell something (as part of advent calendar) that is actually good for us.

Loads of vegetables for 5 or 6 cent out in the supermarkets this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Loads of vegetables for 5 or 6 cent out in the supermarkets this year.

and you cant win there, cos its affecting the farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and you cant win there, cos its affecting the farmers

according to aldi and SV, they are absorbing the cut prices hence its not affecting farmers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

TheDriver wrote: »
    according to aldi and SV, they are absorbing the cut prices hence its not affecting farmers??

Yeah, it was on the radio last night, I heard that both Lidl and Aldi have issued statements saying that they are paying the farmers the original agreed price and are absorbing the cost of the price-cutting themselves.

Dunnes apparently refused to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Any turkeys on sale yet at a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TheDriver wrote: »

One of the main suppliers to Aldi issued a statement stating that the store rather than them were taking the hit on the price of veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

The problem (at least in the case of the Aldi / Lidl 5 cent fruit and veggies) is not for the producer but rather local retailers who cannot compete. To be honest, I don't find the price or service in my local greengrocer worth stopping for, but I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Enough talk of healthy stuff,my local Dunnes has sold out of Cadbury's Roses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

spannerism wrote: »

Yeah but its 20 bags of 2o grams, go to Dealz and you can get 6 full bags of Taytos for 1.50, 18 full bags for 4.50.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Enough talk of healthy stuff,my local Dunnes has sold out of Cadbury's Roses.

Very hard to get tins of biscuits in any of the supermarkets, was only able to get 1 tin of the cadbury yesterday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I presume it's already been mentioned but Dunnes are doing some great deals on spirits at the moment, 1L or Captain Morgans and 1L of Smirnoff were €19 until Wednesday and now seemingly they've upped the price to €22. There are a few other offers; €20 for 700ml of Powers, something like €17 or €18 for Malibu, there was also some special price on Teachers but I didn't take any notice of it personally. Well worth a look all the same!

My family get in enough fights over xmas with beers on them never mind spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

My family get in enough fights over xmas with beers on them never mind spirits.

Erah sure you can be stocking up for yourself and the new year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Water down the spirits for your family then, only half the fights will happen then, it's a scientific fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I know its not dunnes or tesco. But Franzkainer beer is 4 for €5 in Lidl and its an amazing beer. Worth a trip to lidl just for it

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Ben and Jerry's for 2.50 is tomorrow's offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hub123

MAORISH wrote: »
    Thanks love BJ's so must grab a few for that price :)

Who doesn't love BJ's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Hub123 wrote: »
    Who doesn't love BJ's!

My wife :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

shannon82 wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry's for 2.50 is tomorrow's offer

Tesco or Dunnes?

Advertisement