Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of the year 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vyse wrote: »
    Definitely the new Tomb Raider. Was never a real fan of the series in the past but I couldn't put down this game until I had it finished. Great stuff.

Good choice. If TLOU didn't exist, Tomb Raider would probably have been my pick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

SmurfX wrote: »
    I found V to be a major improvement over the usual GTA offerings of bland characters, repetitive missions and a dull, predictable plot. I wouldn't have it as my GOTY but its the first GTA since Vice City that I wouldn't feel aggrieved about it picking up awards.
    If I had to pick one I'd choose Bioshock Infinite as the stand out game for being overhyped and overrated this year.

I just felt, especially with the three character situation, that it suffered from the same ridiculous disjointedness that it has in recent years. You do a heist, the gang is back together (Cool) then you anger madrazo, then you pay him off and dont hear about him for ages, then you jack cars for this billionaire guy, then madrazo for two missions (never hear from him again) then michael wants to be a film producer, then no, more car jacking ?? Trevor steals something then gives it back. Franklin hoodrat no more, Save lamarr, back to movie producer? Jack this car. random heist. Michael cant escape his past. wait he can, Merryweather? Another random heist. Then the potential to kill off two characters in the most underwhelming fashion :pac:

(Obviously this is all hyperbole for the sake of hyperbole but still. It annoyed me :pac: Coherency is a must. BOII and BF3 im looking at you guys too)

Advertisement