Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for PS4

Options
1234568»

Comments

You're better going with stereo imo anyway. That processed 7.1 usually ruins sound in game. If you're willing to shell out for Astro A40's, they have VSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thought I posted in this. I got the Official New Wireless Gold last year for €60 iirc. Think they're down to that again with the current sale. I think they're perfect. Agree that the 7.1 doesn't sound right in some games (makes a crap job on Diablo 3 for example, compared to the stereo option. Then again, maybe Diablo 3 doesn't have surround...). Works really well for CoD though, and there's an app to download different presets, but it's bare bones and you can only have 1 downloaded at a time (there's a second standard option that's permanent, changed with a physical button).

I haven't had much experience with other headsets, so this may not be as good as I think it is, but it's definitely the best headset i've had, and I had the TurtleBeach XP510's for years before that, which I thought were the dogs danglies. If you can extend to the Platinum headset, it's supposed to be a good bit better and has proper support for 3D audio enabled games (most Sony first party titles of late, except Spiderman). I was thinking of upgrading, but with the PS5 coming soon, I'm sure there'll be a new headset to take advantage of the hinted amazing audio it will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you can extend to the Platinum headset, it's supposed to be a good bit better and has proper support for 3D audio enabled games (most Sony first party titles of late, except Spiderman). I was thinking of upgrading, but with the PS5 coming soon, I'm sure there'll be a new headset to take advantage of the hinted amazing audio it will have.

Yep they are, I've said it on other threads and they're top class. Well worth the extra money over the Gold set, a lot of the first party games like Uncharted 4 and God of War have their own specific settings for the headset

The 3D surround sound is great while gaming as well, served damn well for hunting in Red Dead 2

Advertisement