Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

whiterebel wrote: »
    I have a set, and I love them. I was a bit unsure about wireless ones, so went with the long lead on the PX22s. I also got the DSS2 unit which gives you surround sound, which makes it a brilliant combo. I use mine into the phono jack and USB on the TV, so I don't need to keep switching between PS3/4 and TV.

Excellent, I'll pick these up in Symths tomorrow so (Amazon actually more expensive after shipping). Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Benzino wrote: »
    Excellent, I'll pick these up in Symths tomorrow so (Amazon actually more expensive after shipping). Thanks! :)

I got mine in HN, I think €80 at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

whiterebel wrote: »
    I got mine in HN, I think €80 at the time?

Symths have them for €75, which is about the same price as Amazon excluding delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My Turtle Beach P12's arrived today. Not a bad headset at all. Sound is very good and the bass sounds pretty good too.

For a £40 headset it ain't too shabby at all. You can plug it into the controller directly but the sound is not nearly as good and significantly lower in volume.

Decent headset. Recommended if you're on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TheDoc wrote: »
    I was pleasently suprised to read that there is a raft of third party headphones that have mics that seem to work.

Havn't tested it myself yet, but funny enough I was on the hunt for a set of headphones for my Ps4. I wanta headphone and mic combo. I have been plugging my Steelseries Siberias into my monitor to get sound, and then the mic into the controller and doing it that way, but its a bit of a pain. The standard mic is pretty pants aswell so wanted something better.

Oddly enough searching around on google, it looks like a pair of Monster Ncredible headphones I have, which have a mic, should work.

Going to test it out this evening to see how I get on, fingers crossed, I know from using them with my phone the mic quality and audio form the headset is top notch

So turns out the set of Monster Ncredibles I have work perfectly in my PS4, lads were saying mic quality was top notch. Adding the fact they are a class headphone, I'm chuffed, save myself the outlay on probably sub par stuff.

worth keeping an eye out for them, they are end of line now, so you might see them on sale in shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone experience lip sync issues when watching a Bluray with the Playstation 2.0 Headset? Any way to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I8S4E1C/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=2S0PCULC69DQB&coliid=IJUQZLX2ML88Q

Is there any where these can be got for cheaper than £72.50?

I checked Tesco direct, Smyths, Argos and so far Amazon is the cheapest at £72.50

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I have a Tritton Pro+ headset.

They are amazing on the PS3 and PC but unfortunately when used with the PS4 more than half the functions are lost.

They come in at around €160. The price is well worth it if you play on multiple platforms (if you don't mind all the wires) but in terms of a dedicated headset for the PS4 I wouldn't recommend them.

They can be somewhat uncomfortable after long gaming session (4 Hours+) plus they do weigh a but more than the average headset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deedsie wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I8S4E1C/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=2S0PCULC69DQB&coliid=IJUQZLX2ML88Q

Is there any where these can be got for cheaper than £72.50?

I checked Tesco direct, Smyths, Argos and so far Amazon is the cheapest at £72.50

Currency exchange has £72.50 as €90 - this headset is €90 in smyths.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-3/c-710/ps3-accessories/p-6492/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0/

F1ngers wrote: »

It actually works out at €94.75 on Amazon. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Price on Amazon just dropped to £69... Still works out the same price or more expensive as Smyths or Argos when you include delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Am looking for a good mic have a surround sound system so just need a mic. Price wise cheap as possible but if there's an outstanding candidate I can go to 150 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

lads looking for a headset for the PS4 and vita and if possible for the xbox 360 as well but mainly the first two.

I want to spend ideally less than €30 but if its a few quid more and worth it I'll look at it.

I know its a small amount to spend but I dont do a lot of online gaming tbh but would like the option for the bit I do if you know what I mean.

Ive seen plenty of headsets under €30 on amazon but I dont want to buy something woeful just cause its cheapish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000P5VR16/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=151PRG2WD2ZGWZP8P17K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

+

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-com-3-5mm-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_img_y

Its a really nice budget work around for headphone issue. Specially when you can use them on PC too. If you got a good few quid, you better off getting that Sony Play headset. Its great value for the price, but 7.1 works only on PS4

excellent pick thanks i just got those !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

possibly silly question, but is this the same as this?
    Just see the argos one doesnt mention gold, not sure if there is 2 versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

phill106 wrote: »
    possibly silly question, but is this the same as this?
    Just see the argos one doesnt mention gold, not sure if there is 2 versions?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

No point starting a new thread so can any gamers recommend a good headset that I can pick up today in Argos or Smyths etc ?
    Or is Amazon the way to go?

Need a set for this Apex Legends that I'll be hooked on for the foreseeable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got these for 50 when they were on sale
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0713QM36X/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

Great headphones

Amazon.De is generally cheaper for electronics btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I got these for 50 when they were on sale
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0713QM36X/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

Great headphones

Amazon.De is generally cheaper for electronics btw
    Thanks for the info. I went to Smyths and picked up a set of "X-Rocker XH3" for 30 quid. Hopefully they'll do for a while. I'll keep the ones you linked in mind for when I upgrade. Cheers SeantheMan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

is it possible to listen to audio on PS4 with bluetooth headphones?

seems Sony are becoming more and more like Apple every day

Ps3 was a much better entertainment system

• Registered Users Posts: 32,992 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't think you can use BT headphones with the PS4.
    Well, I couldn't get a set working anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've tried it, and it specifically says back that it doesn't work with BT headphones when I tried pairing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think the only options for bluetooth headphones are sony’s own ps ones

Which then dont work with any other devices, which is beyond ****

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I think the only options for bluetooth headphones are sony’s own ps ones

Which then dont work with any other devices, which is beyond ****

That's because the ps4 wireless headset uses wifi to transfer audio between the dongle attached to the ps4 and the headset.

I have the headset, sound is amazing and mic is perfect but I have in the last few months had issues where the sounds cuts in and out at times.

It seems to be an issue caused by too many connections on the wifi.

Very annoying, if anyone knows a permanent solution to this let me know, best fix is to make the ps4 wired by ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the Hyperx Cloud Alpha is €100 in store but they have a 20% off sign on them

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/70514/hyperx-cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rejkin wrote: »
    That's because the ps4 wireless headset uses wifi to transfer audio between the dongle attached to the ps4 and the headset.

I have the headset, sound is amazing and mic is perfect but I have in the last few months had issues where the sounds cuts in and out at times.

It seems to be an issue caused by too many connections on the wifi.

Very annoying, if anyone knows a permanent solution to this let me know, best fix is to make the ps4 wired by ethernet.

It's not WiFi but it is all on the same frequency, so Bluetooth too.

Do you have any USB hubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Skerries wrote: »
    the Hyperx Cloud Alpha is €100 in store but they have a 20% off sign on them

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/70514/hyperx-cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset

Does anyone know if this deal is still ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Varik wrote: »
    It's not WiFi but it is all on the same frequency, so Bluetooth too.

Do you have any USB hubs?

I don't but I might get one.

I also have an external 2TB hard drive connected on the second usb connection and apparently that can cause conflicts.

I'll certainly be wary of this next time I get a headset.

Besides that issue they are an excellent pair of headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

So it seems trying to find a decent headset for PS4 is no easy task. Many headsets claim to do surround sound or virtual surround sound but when it comes down to it the vast majority of them only support stereo on PS4 it seems. I bought Logitech G935’s. All over the box it states all the surround sound it supports but only stereo on PS4. Bought Razer Nari Ultimates. Again only stereo on PS4. I know PlayStation brand gold and platinum headsets support Surround sound but the Golds are very fragile and break easily. I had the platinums and to be honest I could not wear them as they were very uncomfortable.

It is very difficult to find a list of headsets that support surround sound on PS4. Can anyone suggest any ?

Advertisement