Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Anyone think Huybrechts is a good bet at 4s to win his quarter. Only has Whitlock and Hamilton/Winstanley to beat who I would fancy him to beat anyway. Think it is a good price myself and I would rate him the best in the quarter anyway

I was just thinking there yesterday Huybrechts might be a good outside bet - even just to get to quarters/semis.

So many players seem to be off form lately - Whitlock, Chisnall, Hamiton for example, there's bound to be an outsider who makes it fairly far, maybe Gary Anderson can put a run together! :)

Good to see MVG back on form there recently, hopefully him or Lewis can provide some opposition to the Taylor steamroller at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

flying over the 27th for the return after Christmas cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

taylors side of the draw is a joke

how is the draw so uneven?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Couple of changes to round 1 and prelim round. Edward Santos, the Philippines qualifer has withdrawn and will be replaced by Colin Osbourne in the preliminary round against Denis Linksjold, the winner will play Brendan Dolan in the 1st round proper. Serious bit of bad luck that for Dolan, who will have a right game now in the 1st round v Osbourne

Also been a change to running order for this Sunday night with the prelim game going first in the running order (usually second) as Sky will only show the first hour of proceedings from behind the red button. Revised format for Sunday is below

Amended Schedule of Play
    Saturday December 14
    Evening Session (7pm)
    Julio Barbero v Andree Welge (P)
    Robert Thornton v Max Hopp
    Gary Anderson v Mark Dudbridge
    Andy Hamilton v Barbero/Welge
    Paul Nicholson v Stuart Kellett

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Have had small bets on Anderson and King. Pity that each way only pays if the player gets to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thinking of throwing 20 on Barney :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Raf32 wrote: »
    Thinking of throwing 20 on Barney :pac:

throwing is the word.. don't expect it back.. looks well out of sorts for a while now.. and couldn't have him on side for this one... lots of talk about lewis for nthis which seems fair given his brilliant match with mvg last tournie allied to not afraid to beat the power on big occasion...overall draw sets up taylor to peak for one game.. unfortunately I think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

What did Phil mean when he said Aidy was defending 200 grand on Sky Sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Basically defending ranking points won 2 years ago, If Lewis gets "only" 15k from upcoming Worlds, then his Order of Merit money will drop 185k and thus ranking will drop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I wonder is Wadey worth a punt??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

johnny giles who posts on here might have few tips up on his blog.

I like Lewis myself to win it out, once gets going into later stages he is such a classic player can make it look so easy and fears no one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Today's the day lads, Christmas starts today! I hope you have the beers in for a mammoth 3 weeks of darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

God I can't wait.

Absolutely love the Worlds!!!!

C'mon Lewis you hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Hope mvg blows them all away ,taylor style,including taylor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would love MvG to win it myself because he has never won it before in fact. I always want someone who has never won it before to win because it's something special that so few players manage to do. Sadly though I think MvG is the only one who really has a chance of doing this.

If the winner doesnt come from the big 3 if will be a big shock obviously.

Taylor has lost to much lesser players in Webster and Chizzy in recent years at long odds on but he wasnt in as good form as this year.

Just having a look at the prices now, Taylor to have the highest average 11/8 looks good.

Yaaay, Christmas is here. Hopefully the first round will be decent, can be a lot of mismatches, although I remember a couple of years back there was a few great games

Burnett v Winstanley has the potential to be very close tonight. Hard to pick a winner

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Burnett v Winstanley has the potential to be very close tonight. Hard to pick a winner

Desperate draw for Burnett.

Bet he'll look glum...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

mdwexford wrote: »
    If the winner doesnt come from the big 3 if will be a big shock obviously.

Taylor has lost to much lesser players in Webster and Chizzy in recent years at long odds on but he wasnt in as good form as this year.

Just having a look at the prices now, Taylor to have the highest average 11/8 looks good.

That's a very good price. Is that highest tournament average or single match average?

• Advertisement

Ready to roll. Happy Christmas everyone!

That's a very good price. Is that highest tournament average or single match average?

Single match.

Its a bit of a lottery because someone could go average 110 in a 3-0 first round demolition but if no one does that I really like it.

Tournament average id have the house and car on it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Part the porker off to a good start

Michels has some manky looking throw on him

Part looks like he could swallow this guy whole.

Part the better player and should see this out handy enough. It's clear the glasses are affecting him though because he keeps adjusting them. He really has piled on the weight. He looks dangerously unhealthy.

Glad to hear he'll be commentating even while he's still in the tournament.

Part gone to bits here. All v sloppy now

Awful stuff. He's puting pressure on himself. It's not as if Michels is playing that well

What a 120 checkout. Both have gone from sublime to ridiculous and back again during this game

• Advertisement

Part gets over the line in the end but he was lucky Michels was so inconsistent.

Advertisement