Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2014

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Fairly good final in the end, looked it could be one sided after the 4-0.

Wright surely in the Premier League after that, great effort, will probably think he could have nicked another set or two,

Don't know what to say about Van Gerwen, many shows of petulance and childishness throughout the tournament, but then them first 4 sets were something else, he was just unplayable. Best player throughout wins it deservedly in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Delighted for van Gerwen, he deserves this moment and I look forward to seeing him lift that trophy many more times in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Had a few quid on MVG to win 7-4 at 6-1.

Crowd don't like MVG much after his antics

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pudzianowski

Fair play to mvg for holding it together, not easy when the crowd was chanting for the other guy. Could win a few, but you'd imagine Lewis and Taylor will still be knocking around.

Thought the few boos he got at the presentation were disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

singing for kolo and yaya again :rolleyes:

i wonder if the crowd even know who won??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Fair play to mvg for holding it together, not easy when the crowd was chanting for the other guy. Could win a few, but you'd imagine Lewis and Taylor will still be knocking around.

Thought the few boos he got at the presentation were disgraceful.

The crowd* have been the worst thing about the tournament, is it just me or do they get worse every year?

*Not the whole crowd obviously, I know there will be some there actually trying to enjoy the darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭celt262

Had a few quid on MVG to win 7-4 at 6-1.

Crowd don't like MVG much after his antics

What antics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

KevIRL wrote: »
    Would love to hear your thinking on why a 9 darter at 9/1 is a good bet.

Even more so when you also consider 7-0 a shout

My thinking was that a 9 darter was a good possibility with the players involved, both more than capable when on form. I know odds of 9/1 seem a bit stingy from P.P. but that seems to be the run of things presently.
    I never said 7-0 was 'a good shout', I was just quoting P.P's odds (mind you it did look likely at one stage during the match).
    Personally I had MVG on 7-3 at 5/1 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

mvg's missus must narrowly top wade's and huybrechts in the wag premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Thanks for your company lads. Enjoyed the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

donfers wrote: »
    mvg's missus must narrowly top wade's and huybrechts in the wag premier league

Not a mission!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

BIT DISSAPOINTED IN MIKE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH.. VERY LITTLE MADE OF HIS OPPONENT WHO GAVE A VERY BRAVE DISPLAY AFTER BEEN 4 ZIP DOWN.. wright was much better spoken praised mvg straight away.. and showed great bottle when crushed earlier. well just wasn't deep enough.. in the end. def feel theres big things ahed for wright up with the very best in the sport now. looking forward seeing him in the premier league in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

celt262 wrote: »
    What antics?

2nd last throw he just f€ked the last dart at the board.
    He appeared to have capitulated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

no wade in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good game, pity Wright was a bit slow in hitting his stride, still though I got 400 quid out of it, so cannot complain, the €800 would of been nicer though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chippy81

If these facial expressions and imaginary head butts are the next 20 years or more of darts its going to get harder to watch,

Having said that I couldn't help feeling happy for him after he won, it obviously meant everything to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm planning to pop in in 10 minutes and say I'm on the 7-6.

lol, i nearly choked. wp AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DAVID AKA MACKY

Was a great game in the end ,pity wright missed the double to make it 6-5 would have made it a thrilling finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Phil will be back with a vengeance, that we can be sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭briany

EazyD wrote: »
    Phil will be back with a vengeance, that we can be sure of.

He'll come back with vengeful intent, but whether that translates to a tournament win is another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Taylor has lost his number one ranking now for the first time in over 6 years.

Doubt he's loving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rooting for Wright but fear the worst.

How do they decide who walks on first?

The higher seed always walks out second.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,202 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

briany wrote: »
    He'll come back with vengeful intent, but whether that translates to a tournament win is another matter.

Imho Taylor is still the best darter of all time, won last year aged 52, which is an incredible feat itself. Van Gerwen is the only one out there today who could possibly become the next best darter of all time, but only time will tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭briany

unkel wrote: »
    Imho Taylor is still the best darter of all time, won last year aged 52, which is an incredible feat itself. Van Gerwen is the only one out there today who could possibly become the next best darter of all time, but only time will tell :)

Taylor's still good enough that you probably wouldn't bet against him in a match v. anybody. However, he is undeniably on the wane. Because Taylor is so good, his decline will be a much slower one but these vengeful periods where he comes back after an unexpected defeat don't seem to last as long nowadays. Before, he'd get beaten only to come back and sweep up on just about everything for 18 months to a couple of years. Now he's coming back to win a tournament or two, and by closer margins, before being stopped again. Other players are no longer intimidated by playing him on TV and players like Van Gerwen have plenty of confidence in beating the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

i think phil will have a strong 2014 and win a few of the big events on sky, mvg will win many more wc as long as he has the hunger, great comeback from wright when it looked like 7-0 or a 7-1 might have been on the cards, mvg the best player throughout and im looking forward to the pl, its a big surprise wades been left out of this years PL

Advertisement