Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**The wtf plumbing thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Just hope she does nt over flow any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just hope she does nt over flow any time soon.

I'd be more worried about the compression nut and ring on a plastic toilet cistern ballcock in an attic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the compression nut and ring on a plastic toilet cistern ballcock in an attic! :)

Id be more worried about that they used the worst designed ballcock out there. They snap off at the adjuster very often. I hate when I see them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Id be more worried about that they used the worst designed ballcock out there. They snap off at the adjuster very often. I hate when I see them

I also hate that overflow pipe. It's not capable of taking the mains on if it's a strong mains. I nearly always use 1" pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I also hate that overflow pipe. It's not capable of taking the mains on if it's a strong mains. I nearly always use 1" pipe

And there is no support plate used to stop the side wall of the tank flexing as the ball rises, in turn putting more strain on the pipe connection.... amateur hour that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Wearb wrote: »
    I know a man that used to work with a tarmacadam layer. Used to get a watering can and almost fill it with water and then a little milk; told the customer it was special everlasting weed-killer and to keep cats and dogs in for 10 hours :rolleyes:

Another one they used was Andrews Liver Salts with dire warnings to keep children and pets indoors for "at least 4 hours" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Eh GUYS.
    Focus in, or magnefy on the overflow.
    There's two !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

scudo2 wrote: »
    Eh GUYS.
    Focus in, or magnefy on the overflow.
    There's two !!

Good man Mick :cool:

Fan stopped in a riello. Polish fella who rents it got his friend to look at it. Declared it fecked.

New pump and away it went. And a new nossle.

It dont look that bad all dried out but it looked like someone used hock white putting on the nossle. Nothing would go through it

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Fan stopped in a riello. Polish fella who rents it got his friend to look at it. Declared it fecked.

New pump and away it went. And a new nossle.

It dont look that bad all dried out but it looked like someone used hock white putting on the nossle. Nothing would go through it

I'll probably get a smart answer but what do the letters EH mean? I understand the degrees are for different fuels and different spray patterns. Which degree/letter combination are correct for a bog standard heatpac 90 with a Riello burner using Kerosene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

jca wrote: »
    I'll probably get a smart answer but what do the letters EH mean? I understand the degrees are for different fuels and different spray patterns. Which degree/letter combination are correct for a bog standard heatpac 90 with a Riello burner using Kerosene.

EH means extra hollow.
    Assuming its a 70/90 your talking about it would have a nozzle 0.60, 80o, ES (extra solid).

JohnnieK wrote: »
    EH means extra hollow.
    Assuming its a 70/90 your talking about it would have a nozzle 0.60, 80o, ES (extra solid).

Yep it's a 70/90. Thanks for that. Now if it would only stop raining........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Facepalm... How people get away with doing work like this is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Lol, it wouldn't have taken a lot to break a couple of tiles. Not exactly an odd colour. Even then, I always suggest to break all perimeter tiles & lay a contrast colour as a border so it looks as if it should be there.

shane 007 wrote: »
    Lol, it wouldn't have taken a lot to break a couple of tiles. Not exactly an odd colour. Even then, I always suggest to break all perimeter tiles & lay a contrast colour as a border so it looks as if it should be there.

Stelrad do a rad with a towel rack/rail on it.
    Repipe from the bedroom on the other side.

Anything but what they did

I just wouldn't. Has to be some other solution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭jimf

oh sweet jesus even I would be ashamed to leave this behind me and at best id describe myself as a farmyard plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

I cant believe it's not tec-tite :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How does the water stay in the toilet?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Call out for a shower repair today. Can anyone guess why they didn't call the gut that installed the shower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Call out for a shower repair today. Can anyone guess why they didn't call the gut that installed the shower?

Tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Sleeper12 wrote: »

They missed a bit...

shane 007 wrote: »
    They missed a bit...

They ran out after 2 tubes of white

Dont lean back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Dont lean back

That's just awful, just awful...should be arrested for that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I wish people will stop taking photos in my seven bathroom house.
    Blame the tiler pz.

17 photos is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Dont lean back

That's the continental style...

They couldn't give one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

Dont lean back

Great idea! Now you clean the back of the cistern. Store newspapers behind. Great used of wasted space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Lol my cistern is like that...
    Installed it myself..I'm not a plumber.

The waste pipe goes down through a concrete floor so the toilet had to Go where I out it...I keep meanin to build in some sort of box behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭jack of all

Dont lean back

I presume that situation arose because an older wash down pan was replaced with a close couple pan and the waste pipe is further out from the wall? I'm no plumber either, just curious.....

Advertisement