Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**The wtf plumbing thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Egass13 wrote: »
    :)

What kind of fcuking idiot does that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Plasters would be my best gess !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Don't ask , I just saw it , thankfully I wasn't there to change it !

scudo2 wrote: »
    Plasters would be my best gess !

Actually I'd blame the slabbers :)

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse

As painful as it is, give me losing a few rods any day over using a powerhose connected to a drain hose.

I was asked to clear a blockage in a pub with some of the matter at hand dating back to the 60s, we were using a power hose and a drain hose attachment. We were pulsing the the powerhose while slowly feeding the drain hose in to the dark abyss, the blockage was so thick and caked we had no idea that the hose had turned around in the drain and was slowly making it way back to towards us:eek: unfortunately the head of the hose was inches under the crust on the final blast which went on longer than it should due to the shock of witnessing a grown man being spray painted from head to foot and forgetting to keep his mouth shut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

gary71 wrote: »
    As painful as it is, give me losing a few rods any day over using a powerhose connected to a drain hose.

I was asked to clear a blockage in a pub with some of the matter at hand dating back to the 60s, we were using a power hose and a drain hose attachment. We were pulsing the the powerhose while slowly feeding the drain hose in to the dark abyss, the blockage was so thick and caked we had no idea that the hose had turned around in the drain and was slowly making it way back to towards us:eek: unfortunately the head of the hose was inches under the crust on the final blast which went on longer than it should due to the shock of witnessing a grown man being spray painted from head to foot and forgetting to keep his mouth shut.

Now there is a photo we don't want to see. Yuck :(:(:( Won't use an open mouthed smiley on this one.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Little nice lovely old lady looks into the manhole that I was clearing outside a night club.
    WTF she says, how can you stand that?

WTF: I tell her that you get use to the smell and shure it only looks like weatabix all sturred up.

WTF : She went green and puked, so did I

It's the only thing that turns my stomach !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

When I was an apprentice we were on a job in the national art gallery , a toilet connected to a saniflo backed up because the 22mm was clogged, I was told to keep flushing to try clear it until my "mentor" said fcuk it , I'll cut it at the bend . All that pressure built up resulted in one seriously pi55 soaked plumber , can still hear the girlish screams to this day haha

Little nice lovely old lady looks into the manhole that I was clearing outside a night club.
    WTF she says, how can you stand that?

WTF: I tell her that you get use to the smell and shure it only looks like weatabix all sturred up.

WTF : She went green and puked, so did I

It's the only thing that turns my stomach !

What old ladies outside night clubs?

Ok lads stop talkin sh1te

• Advertisement

another boiler in a shed, 10092007026.jpg

What's not in the photo is corner of boiler sitting over bore hole of the well.
    Shed was only men't for the well and pump.

WTF + OMG again!

Egass13 wrote: »
    When I was an apprentice we were on a job in the national art gallery , a toilet connected to a saniflo backed up because the 22mm was clogged, I was told to keep flushing to try clear it until my "mentor" said fcuk it , I'll cut it at the bend . All that pressure built up resulted in one seriously pi55 soaked plumber , can still hear the girlish screams to this day haha

I know a gas fitter who always looking to make a few quid, he was servicing the boiler when the lady of the house mentioned the upstairs toilet was blocked.

So he decided he'd step up and fix it for £20. He wanted to open the inspection hatch up the soil pipe, he didn't have ladders that would reach so he parked his van under the pipe climbed on the roof and shimmied up the pipe, took off the cover used a long posi screwdriver to have a poke around, heard a glop glop noise and then was drenched in a non stop torrent of filthy stagnant toilet water and the lady devices that caused the blockage in the first place straight in to his face and as he had nowhere to go as he had a death grip on the soil pipe due to being allergic to falling from a great height, he had to just take everything on the chin.

He was a bit upset afterwards because she didn't pay him due to the mess, but in fairness it was his now blue/brown gas van(window open) that took whatever wasn't left on him, she only offered to hose him down.

He said it wasn't as bad as you'd think, the worst bit was when he wasn't able to hold his breath any longer and had to open his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

WTF + OMG again!
    hope ya didn't bring your personal co alarm into that pump house you'd. Destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

gifted wrote: »
    Me nose is at me... how did he get the other 13 out?:)

I rodded it from the other side and caught the rods as they passed. Took 16 rods to reach it

I know a gas fitter who always looking to make a few quid, he was servicing the boiler when the lady of the house mentioned the upstairs toilet was blocked.

So he decided he'd step up and fix it for £20. He wanted to open the inspection hatch up the soil pipe, he didn't have ladders that would reach so he parked his van under the pipe climbed on the roof and shimmied up the pipe, took off the cover used a long posi screwdriver to have a poke around, heard a glop glop noise and then was drenched in a non stop torrent of filthy stagnant toilet water and the lady devices that caused the blockage in the first place straight in to his face and as he had nowhere to go as he had a death grip on the soil pipe due to being allergic to falling from a great height, he had to just take everything on the chin.

He was a bit upset afterwards because she didn't pay him due to the mess, but in fairness it was his now blue/brown gas van(window open) that took whatever wasn't left on him, she only offered to hose him down.

He said it wasn't as bad as you'd think, the worst bit was when he wasn't able to hold his breath any longer and had to open his mouth.

Well fair play. He took it on the chin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

No sand and cement... No problem...... Use silicone

Thats alot of silicone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ServiceGuy

WTF + OMG again!

Scudo, What do you do when you see these set-ups?

ServiceGuy wrote: »
    Scudo, What do you do when you see these set-ups?

Advise the customers in writeing and walk away till they sort it.

Were legaly responsible if were stupid enough to fix or service, and then leave a potentaly dangerous boiler working.

I give a receipt with the written warning and also get them to counter sign it for my own record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

No sand and cement... No problem...... Use silicone

A hole that size he could have looked 11/4 out .

• Advertisement

We have a washing machine valve.

A rad in a wall

And who needs tails only more to leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ServiceGuy

Advise the customers in writeing and walk away till they sort it.

Were legaly responsible if were stupid enough to fix or service, and then leave a potentaly dangerous boiler working.

I give a receipt with the written warning and also get them to counter sign it for my own record.

I think questions need to be asked about the installers in them cases. Did you get a response of "the last guy never said anything was wrong".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

ServiceGuy wrote: »
    I think questions need to be asked about the installers in them cases. Did you get a response of "the last guy never said anything was wrong".

Questions are always asked of bad installers but they still keep getting work because there is nothing there to stop them.

Dub Werke wrote: »
    Mother needs help with her dishwasher and she hasnt the money to get a plumber out!!

The water has stopped going into the machine completely? Anybody know whats wrong ?

Wrong thread. Open one in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dub Werke wrote: »
    Mother needs help with her dishwasher and she hasnt the money to get a plumber out!!

The water has stopped going into the machine completely? Anybody know whats wrong ?

Are you John Steed by any chance? :)

Years ago I got a phone call.

"Do you do gas converions" ? She asked.

"Yes we do" I answered

"Oh good" she says

"How much for an Audit 80"?

"WTF" said I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Years ago I got a phone call.

"Do you do gas converions" ? She asked.

"Yes we do" I answered

"Oh good" she says

"How much for an Audit 80"?

"WTF" said I
    Very popular a couple of decades ago.

Next big area for RGI's is the shortage of suitable persons to certify LAV's. A new requirement for their DOE cert so IS1949 will provide more avenues for work for RGI's that are willing to take on that field of expertise. A knowledge required for the new re-assessments.

shane07 wrote: »
    Very popular a couple of decades ago.

Next big area for RGI's is the shortage of suitable persons to certify LAV's. A new requirement for their DOE cert so IS1949 will provide more avenues for work for RGI's that are willing to take on that field of expertise. A knowledge required for the new re-assessments.

Sorry for my ignorance but are we talking about campers/caravans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance but are we talking about campers/caravans

Just in response to Scudo's car related WTF. In other words, in won't be too long before RGI's will be working on gas related installations within the motor trade.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

LAVs will continue to be tested and certified by the same guys who have been doing it all along, can't see it as a huge growth area.

The have workshops that service every aspect of them, and they are RGIs who are very competent with those vehicles.

Advertisement