Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**The wtf plumbing thread**

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can you re-silicone the shower, while you are here, she says.

Sure it'll only take you a few minutes like! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Post edited by Dtp1979 on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Just shows what a diy'er can do when they put their mind to it 🤣

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Would this suffice to make the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

not too bad when the pic is up the right way - nothing wrong with it

• Advertisement

Oh OK. Its just I thought that the drain hose pipe with the white stand up pipe are usually installed on the Inside of the wall, with just a little of the white pipe feeding out externally to the drain. Thanks for the feedback

Thats OK , yeah they are normally inside the house those stand pipes , but in my opinion I think thats a much better way in the pic, may not be the nicest looking way to do it but you cant half get a pong out of those stand pipes when they are inside the house , so doing like it is in the pic it would eliminate that at least

It’ll work but it’s wrong. For a start it’ll make taking the machine out a much more difficult job. I’d also bet that flexi pipe isn’t weather resistant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭CoBo55

How do you change the machine? Conventions are there for a reason, if you actually used the machine every now and then there should be no pong as you put it.

granted , the actual washing machine hose is more than likely not treated against UV light (from sun) and frost there is that , and yes to take machine out the sillicone sealant on thwall would have to be broken , unless the hose at the back of the machine has a pretty long hose. Your not like pulling the machine out every 5 minutes , more than likely once machine is in it will be sitting in there years before you have to ever pull it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

hi andy

why not take the washing machine to pieces to see how long it will last

hope your still taking **** asunder

Guys thank you all for your comments. Appreciate them. The latest is i've done a few washes this week and the detergent drawer is holding water when the cycle is finished, which leads me to think the grey flexi hose pipe is incorrectly positioned with the silicone holding it in place doesn't give it much wiggle room to empty properly. A relative of mine is a dab hand at D.I.Y and fairly handy i spoke to him and showed him the photos he just laughed and said it's all wrong as the hose would be exposed to the elements for a start, I told him about the drawer holding water so he said he'll come round to me this week and fix it the correct way it should be. Again thanks all for comments 😉

No, that drain pipe done like that will have no bearing at all as to why you still have detergent (well I think you mean water in the fabric softener compartment) - its a common thing on washing machines when you dont keep the soap dispensing drawer clean from time to time. The fabric conditioner drawer relies on siphonage system, There is a blue plastic cap on the fabric softener side. The fabric softener is put in at start of wash , then on the last rinse jets of water spray into the fabric softener compartment , the water fills up the compartment and then the mixed diluted fabric softener and water is then siphoned out down the pipe to the drum - now when the little pipe under the blue cap in that compartment gets blocked with gunge and old fabric softener the siphoning does not take place and you are left with water or a mixture of water and softener in that compartment after the wash - so what you need to do is take of that blue plastic cap (you might have to remove the whole drawer first, and you can do that by pressing the button at the back of the soap drawer at the back while pulling the drawer right out) - then you pull the blue cap off and with a pipe cleaner or little piece of wire or small toothbrush you clean all the gunk out of the pipe under the blue cap and rinse it and the whole drawer and blue cap in lovely hot water , make it all shiny clean (some people put the whole drawer once it is out of the washing machine into the top rack of the dishwasher!) - once that pipe is clear after the wash then all that water should have drained out at the end of the wash and not have collected in the drawer. If after you have it nice and clean and its still not draining away from the compartment then its a faulty solenoid on the water inlet of the washing machine ... but 9 times out of 10 the soap drawer needs a good clean instead .

Your water left in your soap drawer has absolutely nothing at all to do with the way your drain hose is plumbed to the outside of the wall there , there is no connection whatsoever. - if on the other hand you drum was full of water after a wash , and that drain hose going through the wall was pinched that could stop the water from draining from the washing machine drum, but no the water left in your soap drawer is either because it needs a damn good clean out or a faulty stuck/broken solenoid on the fabric softener side.

Good luck hope you get it sorted OK.

I don't know what's going on here. That black pipe is sealed on top. It has a 10mm oil line coming out/in and through the wall. There is an oil supply as normal going into the bottom of the cabinet. I couldn't open it to have a look inside.

Pipe is sealed on top. It has a plastic coated oil line going from it through the wall. Difficult to understand both.

The plastic coated oil line going through wall could be going to an oil stove in the living room or oil range in the kitchen

Robbed from another site, but this really is a WTF moment, home made waste disposal unit.

one way to make the dishwasher fit.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Pic

• Advertisement

great little economical 3kw boiler there, just have to make sure its kept topped up with water is all - considering that some kerosene boilers are a thirsty 24kw / 90,000 BTU or whatever they are .

Trouble is 3kw run continuously over certain amount of hours could melt the 13a plug but ah sure a commando 16a plug and socket could always be used.

Just thought that I will leave this here

Advertisement