Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Wii U the next gen console to get this Christmas?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i was buying a console now, i'd probably buy the Wii U. Are all Wii games backwards compatible with it? Just wondering as i've been dying to play through Xenoblade again, but don't have my Wii anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Kiith wrote: »
    If i was buying a console now, i'd probably buy the Wii U. Are all Wii games backwards compatible with it? Just wondering as i've been dying to play through Xenoblade again, but don't have my Wii anymore.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Wii-U/Hardware-Features/Backwards-compatibility/Backwards-compatibility-736682.html

Think I'm going to pick one up before Christmas as well. Never played the last Zelda and the new Mario just looks too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hold on... since when did liking Mario Galaxy or SMW mean that I'd "suck off a Mario" if he popped out of the screen?

Peach and Daisy, sure, and maybe Birdo - in for a penny! - but dude, please!

Begs the question, how much action does Master Chief get off pimply youths with a point to prove about how grown up they are?

Anyway, yes, Nintendos are toys. No one can argue otherwise. But at least they're honest about it. And, arguably, playing Soldiers with your friends when you're in your 30s is more infantile than pretending to be a mushroom-popping plumber who's best friend is a dinosaur that sh*ts eternal life. I know which sounds more like an issue of Battle comic, which sounds like a Borroughs novel...

Also, let's not go to too much effort to debunk the Average Age of 30 thing - that figure is a load-bearing member upon which a lot of my self-esteem is balanced

Advertisement