Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A poster has been spotted in the game for The Last of Us: American Daughters. Please let this be a true sequel easter egg. Wouldn't be surprised as TLOU was kinda announced in Uncharted 3.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Link?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXTi_Kwdd5vDcvfRwpaGNs-OWGElVdNPZ-MK8W-_3jozJSLXgBCQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXTi_Kwdd5vDcvfRwpaGNs-OWGElVdNPZ-MK8W-_3jozJSLXgBCQ

Ill never pick up on stuff like that!!

Bed beckoned, reckon I would have played through until morning had I no sense.

Always enjoyed the Uncharted series, probably one of my favs and this game was a reason I delved back in to gaming and bought the ps4 at Christmas. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

There's been a few points where I've just stopped to look around at the scenery. Beautiful game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I was amazed awhile ago when I was shimming across a bar and it was bending with my weight when I reached the middle

haha i did the same thing i was like is that bar bending or am i seeing things lol its things like that which make naughty dog and rockstar some of the very best in the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am really tempted to get this game.
    Sadly I have adopted a kind of rule where it's hard to buy a game full price after doing so for years with mixed results.

Tell me guys, how good is it? my rule may be swayed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Sadly I have adopted a kind of rule where it's hard to buy a game full price after doing so for years with mixed results.

It's like Christmas morning every time I turn it on!

Have you played the other three?

/edit

Don't think you really need to but the story as a whole is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Got in late last night and opened up the special edition from Smyth's (I'm a sucker for steelbooks) after downloading the 5 gig patch I only had about 30 mins playing time so just up to start of chapter 2. Graphically this is incredible and I'm literally just at the start. The amount of little details really lift this above anything else I've played on the PS4. Dying to get stuck into it properly.

ps did anyone notice about the brightness settings at the start it said about two images to have the one of the left visible but there one on the right invisible. but when I was starting there was no images at all just the contrast bar?

jones wrote: »
    ps did anyone notice about the brightness settings at the start it said about two images to have the one of the left visible but there one on the right invisible. but when I was starting there was no images at all just the contrast bar?

Noticed that myself. Didn't pay any heed and just changed it when the game was on. Strange though.

• Advertisement

What's the difficulty level like? Will playing on hard just turn everyone into bullet sponges or does the AI improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What's the difficulty level like? Will playing on hard just turn everyone into bullet sponges or does the AI improve?

I was playing on Hard til about chapter 8. It's grand as Im stealthing as much as I can and just let myself die if I get spotted but I put it down to Moderate as the shooting sections are the least enjoyable part of the game for me and I just want to get past them as quick as possible. Game flowing better on Moderate level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The highlight for me so far, only about 2 hrs in was
    The PS1 bootup screen with the sound and playing Crash 1 all over again
    Hats off to Naughty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Still waiting on my copy from Smyths, They say I have to wait till the end of the week for them to sort it out .

Still waiting on my copy from Smyths, They say I have to wait till the end of the week for them to sort it out .

That's odd, got mine delivered from them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mine arrived from Smyths yesterday too.

Have you got a dispatch email?

Mine arrived from Smyths yesterday too.

Have you got a dispatch email?

Yes got the dispatch email on Monday, Have a feeling it's lost, I 99% of time always get Irish post next day or the day after.

Just had an update from them,

Said they had an IT issue which resulted in orders not been delivered and ensured I'll have it tomorrow and gave me a 5€ refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Arrived in Dublins Parcel Motel Depot

Hopefully it will be with me in Cork tomorrow so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone bought uncharted in hmv are they even selling it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    has anyone bought uncharted in hmv are they even selling it?

Their website has it down for 70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Their website has it down for 70 euro.

yeah i seen that but have they got it in any of the stores i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Got to chapter 18. Had to take a break though. Head is scrambled

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yesterday I made comments indicating this game may be the prettiest, most technically accomplished game yet made.

Having now reached chapter 10, I find that my initial comments were regrettably premature.

So: This game is definitely the prettiest, most technically accomplished game yet made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Facial animations in cutscenes are brilliant, up there with L.A. Noire. Outside of cutscenes only their mouths move though.

I'm glad they done a 4th, but I really hope it's the end now. At this stage I'm in it for the characters, performances and visuals. In terms of the actual gameplay it feels old, although admittedly I'm only a couple of hours in. But it's an Uncharted game through and through and that's a winning formula.

I'm glad they done a 4th, but I really hope it's the end now. At this stage I'm it for the characters, performances and visuals. In terms of the actual gameplay it feels old, although admittedly I'm only a couple of hours in. But it's an Uncharted game through and through and that's a winning formula.

Put another hour and a half in tonight, want to leave some for the weekend and I needed my daily fix of dying in another game!!

It's really good, not too far in but I'm sitting there watching a cut scene and feel like sitting back and doing nothing and letting the story unfold. I think that's an amazing quality in a game. I'm engrossed. I loved the other three so I'm trying to not be too biased but it's kind of hard not to be when it's throwing moment after moment at me!!

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was playing on Hard til about chapter 8. It's grand as Im stealthing as much as I can and just let myself die if I get spotted but I put it down to Moderate as the shooting sections are the least enjoyable part of the game for me and I just want to get past them as quick as possible. Game flowing better on Moderate level.

I disagree. The shooting mechanics are what have improved the most IMO.

They have taken what the learned from TLOU and applied it at a higher pace.

8 chapters in. A fantastic experience thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Up to chapter 9 and I agree on the shooting. They've definitely done a lot to improve it. Feels a lot more impactful.

• Advertisement

• tok9 wrote: »
    Up to chapter 9 and I agree on the shooting. They've definitely done a lot to improve it. Feels a lot more impactful.

Yep. All the guns I have used so far have a more meaty / weighty feel to them.

Love the level of destruction that can be created by them.

Advertisement