Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards A/R Xmas Beers Saturday 7th December 8pm Palace Bar(optional pub crawl)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

JW Sweetman
    hahahaha why do you think im not down to training much? :)

Re: TRR chicking: its a real possibility. If a woman gets anywhere near a mans 5K/10k time while both are marathon training she usually hockeys him over a marathon. Hockeys. She is improving at a rate of knots. If that happens, we'll think about accepting your membership application. Maybe.

F*ck this, I havent left the office yet, i'll grab some grub and come go to the palace for one.

First off this is an appeal for no one to turn up so meno is on his own with his virtual friends ;)

Whatever TBB. it's just not going to happen. Does your club keep club records? Is you women's 5k best better than your men's best now. Oh please tell me it is.

If you loser want ill make arrange to give you a talk on what it feels like to run sub 17. Bring your best runner along and ill tell her about the magic of sub 16. I haven't got anywhere near sub 15 but you lot don't have to worry about that anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Mulligans
    TRR wrote: »
    First off this is an appeal for no one to turn up so meno is on his own with his virtual friends ;)

Whatever TBB. it's just not going to happen. Does your club keep club records? Is you women's 5k best better than your men's best now. Oh please tell me it is.

If you loser want ill make arrange to give you a talk on what it feels like to run sub 17. Bring your best runner along and ill tell her about the magic of sub 16. I haven't got anywhere near sub 15 but you lot don't have to worry about that anyway :)

Ouch :) ill be sub 17 sometime soon. Massively motivated after today.
    Tbc
    You coming in?

JW Sweetman
    Ouch :) ill be sub 17 sometime soon. Massively motivated after today.
    Tbc
    You coming in?

Ha ha. No, was on for it but the mrs had plans for ladt might that fell through so I'm heading out with herself instead. Take it easy on the drinky poo now, alcohol doesnt do anything for your 5k performances. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

TRR wrote: »
    Does your club keep club records?

Still putting them together. Aren't as organised as Tallaght Ac in that regard. Why, the great thing about Tallaght is that anyone can go to their website and see that their women's 5k road record is... a very creditable 18.40. That's faster than nearly all our women!

JW Sweetman
    RayCun wrote: »
    Still putting them together. Aren't as organised as Tallaght Ac in that regard. Why, the great thing about Tallaght is that anyone can go to their website and see that their women's 5k road record is... a very creditable 18.40. That's faster than nearly all our women!

and nearly all your men :) Seriously lads give it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

JW Sweetman
    A pox on Dublin Bus and the magically disappearing bus that should be dropping me in town now. Heading for Blanch now to get a quicker next bus out. Will be around 8.45 when I get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

JW Sweetman
    held up at work but hope to be there about 9.30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I'm in work until 10pm. Wouldn't mind dropping in for one or two but you're probably all jarred already? :D Would be around 10.30-10.45 by the time I could get there.

JW Sweetman
    Great to meet all you guys and gals. Really nice people. Didnt expect anything less and that was proven tonight. Board AC rocks! I wont mention names but Boards will get me my goal for London..Im convinced of it so watch my log....I want it so much....I will achieve my goal....watch this space!

JW Sweetman
    Hope everyone is up bright and early for the Sunday run :)

• Advertisement

JW Sweetman
    Hope everyone is up bright and early for the Sunday run :)

eh.....nope! :-)

JW Sweetman
    Did you even go to bed ? :D

JW Sweetman
    Did you even go to bed ? :D

Ha ha yes indeed. Got a solid 4 hours. Now freezing my nuts off at the side of a football pitch. The Joys of life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

JW Sweetman
    Thanks for a fun night, people. Great to put some names to faces - sorry I had to hightail it but I was drinking Meno under the table and I was worried if I kept going he'd hurt himself…

Been chasing my toddler around since 5:30 or 6 so looks like the worst of the hangover is over for me!

Have fun on those LSR's later guys

JW Sweetman
    RedRunner wrote: »
    Ha ha yes indeed. Got a solid 4 hours. Now freezing my nuts off at the side of a football pitch. The Joys of life!

I retreated to the spare room for the night to get some sleep away from the baby (and for him to get some away from me as I allegedly snore loudly after a few pints) Undeterred by the retreat my beloved first daughter was up at 7am wanting to go downstairs to see if the dog would talk to her as he had in the dream she just woke up from. Not quite at the standing around football fields stage but may as well be :)

JW Sweetman
    drquirky wrote: »
    Thanks for a fun night, people. Great to put some names to faces - sorry I had to hightail it but I was drinking Meno under the table and I was worried if I kept going he'd hurt himself…

Been chasing my toddler around since 5:30 or 6 so looks like the worst of the hangover is over for me!

Have fun on those LSR's later guys

Wasn't too far behind you in the end. I ended up on the 1am nitelink. Any longer and I would have been screwed this morning.

Very random night putting faces to names and Blocky throwing in some ringers too from the local hostel !

Enjoyed it though - should try and do another one during the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

@ RQ, Meno and TRR have a look at the results of the lady's race at jingle bells today ;).

Awww...bless... you guys are so cute. :)

Mulligans
    Awww...bless... you guys are so cute. :)

Yes we are :) maybe a lady from donore might win the race run by donore next year.....

Yes we are :) maybe a lady from donore might win the race run by donore next year.....

We're not allowed to compete. When you're in a real club that can put on a race, it's not 'cool' to participate.

Maybe one day you'll join one and find that out. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

JW Sweetman
    RedRunner wrote: »

I managed to blow the cobwebs away this morning with a recovery run and cheering junior on at his rugby match.

Mr S and I really enjoyed last night and it was great to meet some new boardsies and catch up with everyone.
    Settling in now to watch the athletics with a tin of roses:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The Long Hall
    that was fun ;)
    and for the record, i am not trr's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Great to meet you guys yesterday.

Thanks for the pep talks! I'm all fired up to run (and post) alot more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Mulligans
    Great craic last night and the banter was mighty.

Pity the chair of truth didn't make a reappearance. I had some probing questions prepared for blockic, if that's even his real name.

Mulligans
    We're not allowed to compete. When you're in a real club that can put on a race, it's not 'cool' to participate.

Maybe one day you'll join one and find that out. :P

Good to know. Somebody would want to tell most clubs about that rule. Come to think of it, better get on to the poor brazilians who are under the impression that theyll be in the WC and olympics :)

Ill stop now, this is supposed to be a drinking thread :)

JW Sweetman
    Ososlo wrote: »
    that was fun ;)
    and for the record, i am not trr's sister

Mam said come over for dinner at 6 tonight!

Good to know. Somebody would want to tell most clubs about that rule.

Other clubs don't have to deal with the OPW... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great to meet a few of you last night. Glad I dropped in on my way home from work now. Made for a far more entertaining night than I had otherwise planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

so is someone going to type up a report of the night?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

JW Sweetman
    What happens in the Palace stays in the Palace.

If you weren't allowed out Statss, then that's just tough...............missed a great night.

Still cant believe what Blocky done - top man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement