Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards A/R Xmas Beers Saturday 7th December 8pm Palace Bar(optional pub crawl)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Which one of them are you chasing?

the slowest one I could catch...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

JW Sweetman
    Ososlo wrote: »
    hope to go along to this but am I the only person who doesn't know anyone else on the list :o Oh well...

We will be easy to spot.

-Ecoli and blocky will be the two kids playing their hand help PS2s
    -Ill be the good looking bastard with lots of people hanging on my every word
    -Kieley will be puking on a sofa
    -Meno will be the loud lad eating a snack box
    -RQ will be the one moaning about some phantom injury
    -DrQuirky will be the lad lying face down in a pool of puke while said good looking bastard from above, points and laughs

Sure come along! What's the worst thing that can happen? Well getting caught up in a conversation about boxing with meno is probably the worst thing so just try to avoid him or that topic of conversation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Mulligans
    TRR wrote: »
    We will be easy to spot.

-DrQuirky will be the lad lying face down in a pool of puke while said good looking bastard from above, points and laughs

Sure come along! What's the worst thing that can happen? Well getting caught up in a conversation about boxing with meno is probably the worst thing so just try to avoid him or that topic of conversation :)

hahaha funniest post ive read for a while....

ill be the sober lad skinning a drunk TRR in an 'impromptu' race up fleet st. Everyone else will the people recording it on their phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

McGrattans
    hope to go along to this but am I the only person who doesn't know anyone else on the list :o Oh well...

I'm hoping to go. I've met Marthastew at a race or two (she is v, v nice & friendly) and I know RedRunner, but I don't know anyone else, so you can talk to me!

JW Sweetman
    hahaha funniest post ive read for a while....

ill be the sober lad skinning a drunk TRR in an 'impromptu' race up fleet st. Everyone else will the people recording it on their phones

You forget I am the beer mile champion and I'm from tallaght, so running while drunk is not an issue. In fact over short distances the alcohol acts as a form of methane producing turbo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Garmins.... Half of them will be wearing some form of garmin and the other half will be wearing a €3 aldi watch that tracks the mars rover

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

You forget I am the beer mile champion and I'm from tallaght, so running while drunk is not an issue. In fact over short distances the alcohol acts as a form of methane producing turbo!

What, Like fart powered afterburners?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

We will be easy to spot.

Pfft...I don't get injured or phantom injuries, don't you listen? F*ck sake. :mad:

JW Sweetman
    Pfft...I don't get injured or phantom injuries, don't you listen? F*ck sake. :mad:

don't listen, don't smile and don't wave. It's my thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

I'd say it'd be good crack.. would love to be able to go (even though I don't know anyone!) . To far for me to travel plus I have exams :( Some day though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The Long Hall
    ecoli wrote: »
    after Jingle Bells -Ryans
    blockic
    KU (For just the one of course, it would be rude not to)
    DQ (only if under 16:30)
    pconn062
    RunForestRun
    career move

Pub Crawl (as listed above)
    Meno (will try to make the first pub if there is an interest)
    blockic
    KU
    DQ (might not be the first pub but till be there for sure)

Beers: (Palace Bar @ 8pm)
    Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner
    murphd77 (en route to Vicar St - will pop in for one on the way (8pm - no dilly-dallying) and hopefully after, too)
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli
    Ososlo (should be in by 9)

By this time next week by illusions about you all will most likely be shattered:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

JW Sweetman
    By this time next week by illusions about you all will most likely be shattered:D

Be interested to know what illusions you have at this stage!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

McGrattans
    Hello! Sadly I don't think I'm going to be able to make it at all! I'm abandoning my babysitting post over the weekend for Jingle Bells & then for speed training the next day, so I think going out at night as well might be a bit unhelpful of me!

Have a great night! And I will be at Jingle Bells, so anyone who knows me / thinks they recognise me there, come & say 'hi'.

JW Sweetman
    Sorry peeps but I'm out as well, have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Mulligans
    After antics last weekend and the result from them it looks like I'll have to scale back my activities on Saturday for safety reasons. :pac:

Therefore I'll have to cut out my presence in the pub crawl.

Go to the race, quick pint or two.

Go to bed.

Palace for 8pm.

In traditional Chicago style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mulligans
    blockic wrote: »
    After antics last weekend and the result from them it looks like I'll have to scale back my activities on Saturday for safety reasons. :pac:

Therefore I'll have to cut out my presence in the pub crawl.

Go to bed.

Palace for 8pm.

Haha!!
    Yeah I think it is best to cancel the pub crawl Idea, it was only you and KU interested in that anyway ( I said I would do it if there were the numbers), so lets just all meet up at the Palace at 8 then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

JW Sweetman
    Sorry peeps but I'm out as well, have a good one!

Lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

JW Sweetman
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Haha!!
    Yeah I think it is best to cancel the pub crawl Idea, it was only you and KU interested in that anyway ( I said I would do it if there were the numbers), so lets just all meet up at the Palace at 8 then??

Upstairs or downstairs?

JW Sweetman
    drquirky wrote: »
    Lame.

I wasn't going to get in until 8.30pm anyway so you would have been home tucked up in your bed by then anyway!

Mulligans
    RedRunner wrote: »
    Upstairs or downstairs?

I think it's best to meet upstairs as there is more likley to be a bit of space up there. We might find a space downstairs but only for a few people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

JW Sweetman
    blockic wrote: »

Go to bed.

Palace for 8pm.

But at least you ran a race in Chicago - methinks you should be the 'auldman' :D

Mulligans
    RedRunner wrote: »
    Upstairs or downstairs?
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I think it's best to meet upstairs as there is more likley to be a bit of space up there. We might find a space downstairs but only for a few people.

Just an update on this: I rang the bar today and they have a function upstairs on Saturday so we will have to meet downstairs.

First one there grab a corner and make yourself big :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

forgot to add my name earlier.
    ecoli wrote: »
    blockic
    pconn062
    RunForestRun
    career move
    statss

Pub Crawl (as listed above)
    Meno (will try to make the first pub if there is an interest)
    blockic
    KU
    DQ (might not be the first pub but till be there for sure)

Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner
    murphd77 (en route to Vicar St - will pop in for one on the way (8pm - no dilly-dallying) and hopefully after, too)
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli

Roster finalized in work. Won't make Jingle Bells but provided duirky hasn't got you guys barred (if the BP table quiz is anything to go by :D). will make it in just after 8.

Mulligans
    blockic
    pconn062
    RunForestRun
    career move
    Statss

Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli
    Ososlo

Just tidying up.
    Will probably make it to Ryans myself.

The Pubcrawl is cancelled.

Any more lurkers going to make the beers? Just 12 down to come at the moment; we can surely do better than that?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

JW Sweetman
    blockic
    pconn062
    RunForestRun
    career move
    Statss

Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli
    Ososlo
    Pacing Mule

The Pubcrawl is cancelled.

Stick me in for unlucky 13 (although I think there are 15 confirmed ???)

The Long Hall
    popped into the Palace on the off chance that fluttering my eyelashes at Billy would win us some space. After much deliberation he said that he will get Paraic to keep us some stools but can't reserve tables. they'll put by 8 or so stools in the back room so if you want to rest your weary legs and get there early (8) ask for Paraic and say you're from boards.ie and he'll sort you out. It was seriously hot and busy in there so consider singlets and shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

JW Sweetman
    popped into the Palace on the off chance that fluttering my eyelashes at Billy would win us some space. After much deliberation he said that he will get Paraic to keep us some stools but can't reserve tables. they'll put by 8 or so stools in the back room so if you want to rest your weary legs and get there early (8) ask for Paraic and say you're from boards.ie and he'll sort you out. It was seriously hot and busy in there so consider singlets and shorts!

That's brilliant.

I also love the concept of you walking into a bar to reserve space for people you've never met. Turning up on the night Paraic asking are your friends here. I don't know says Ososlo. :) Fair play to you. !

Mulligans

Thanks a million Ososlo, I'll deffo be there at 8 on the dot, hopefully I can get a few others to be punctual too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

JW Sweetman

Excellent work Ososlo. So I get there, spot Pauric - who would be Billy's friend, who knows Ososlo, who doesn't know who anyone else is:confused::confused: Sweet!

It might be just as easy to look out for a few skinny looking dudes who look like they love runningjogging:D

• Advertisement

The Long Hall
    Cleanman wrote: »
    Excellent work Ososlo. So I get there, spot Pauric - who would be Billy's friend, who knows Ososlo, who doesn't know who anyone else is:confused::confused: Sweet!

It might be just as easy to look out for a few skinny looking dudes who look like they love runningjogging:D

LOL:D

I think menoscemo should wear his Boards shirt so we know who to approach.

Advertisement