Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards A/R Xmas Beers Saturday 7th December 8pm Palace Bar(optional pub crawl)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

JW Sweetman
    So do the Ryan's group wanna meet somewhere in the park before heading to Ryan's or will we just meet in the pub? Myself and RFR will be together anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mulligans
    pconn062 wrote: »
    So do the Ryan's group wanna meet somewhere in the park before heading to Ryan's or will we just meet in the pub? Myself and RFR will be together anyway.

Donore clubhouse for tea and cake surely?? RQ says there is loads of chocolate cake...

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

JW Sweetman
    Ososlo wrote: »
    LOL:D

I think menoscemo should wear his Boards shirt so we know who to approach.

I'll second this:P

JW Sweetman
    Well I picked up the cheapest looking Santa suit today. It's so cheap, the "beard" broke up when I tried it on at home!! So if you see a guy in a very cheap looking Santa suit in the morning, say hi! You'll know me for the pub later on - minus the stinking suit of course!

JW Sweetman
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Donore clubhouse for tea and cake surely?? RQ says there is loads of chocolate cake...

Oh yeah, forgot about all that, cake it is!

• Advertisement

Mulligans
    Oh yeah, forgot about all that, cake it is!

1 mile jog from there to Ryans, hopefully 1 mile is not too far for a track fairy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

I'll be wearing my boards tee. It makes me run faster ;)

JW Sweetman
    1 mile jog from there to Ryans, hopefully 1 mile is not too far for a track fairy ;)

I'll just wait for you at the finish line, you shouldn't be more than 5 minutes behind me! :pac:

Mulligans
    I'll just wait for you at the finish line, you shouldn't be more than 5 minutes behind me! :pac:

I'm using it as a recovery run :pac:

JW Sweetman
    Myself (and RFR) will be in Dunleer AC singlets. I'm the one with glasses!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I have bad news about the cake...

JW Sweetman
    I have bad news about the cake...

I hope you're joking, if not, I'm staying at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I hope you're joking, if not, I'm staying at home.

Enjoy your lie in so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

JW Sweetman
    Cleanman wrote: »
    Well I picked up the cheapest looking Santa suit today. It's so cheap, the "beard" broke up when I tried it on at home!! So if you see a guy in a very cheap looking Santa suit in the morning, say hi! You'll know me for the pub later on - minus the stinking suit of course!

Which part of the course are u marshalling at? If you're near the finish, I'm number 523. Say hello if you see me.

JW Sweetman
    Which part of the course are u marshalling at? If you're near the finish, I'm number 523. Say hello if you see me.

I'll be down at the chapelizod gate beside the finish. I'll only be there till 11:18 though so you best hurry up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Mulligans
    Myself (and RFR) will be in Dunleer AC singlets. I'm the one with glasses!

So, I think I might wear a Dunleer singlet tomorrow. I'm the one possibly wearing sunglasses. If not, I'll be stumbling around blind, and that'll be even before the drinking...

JW Sweetman
    So, I think I might wear a Dunleer singlet tomorrow. I'm the one possibly wearing sunglasses. If not, I'll be stumbling around blind, and that'll be even before the drinking...

You're the Nordie-sounding one!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Beers: (Palace Bar @ 8pm)
    Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner
    murphd77 (en route to Vicar St - will pop in for one on the way (8pm - no dilly-dallying) and hopefully after, too)
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli
    Ososlo
    Pacing Mule
    tattycoram - Survived the Jingle Bells run this morning - I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

JW Sweetman
    Beers: (Palace Bar @ 8pm)
    Meno
    blockic
    DQ
    KU
    TRR
    Mr Stew
    Marthastew
    HelenAnne
    AMK
    RedRunner (Going to be a bit late-work problems)
    murphd77 (en route to Vicar St - will pop in for one on the way (8pm - no dilly-dallying) and hopefully after, too)
    RQ
    Cleanman
    gerard_65
    ecoli
    Ososlo
    Pacing Mule
    tattycoram - Survived the Jingle Bells run this morning - I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Mulligans
    im out :(

Im in town, had my run, but ive sat down and now im completely bollo*ed. Sick all week, club do last night, work from 9 this morning. I need my bed.

Enjoy!

@ RQ, Meno and TRR have a look at the results of the lady's race at jingle bells today ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

McGrattans
    @ RQ, Meno and TRR have a look at the results of the lady's race at jingle bells today ;).

Congrats on the sub 17 but cross dressing to get the club some recognition. Have you guys no shame :p

Mulligans

As I was saying to Ray today; your club will henceforth be known as the Knocklyon Joggers+1 :P

Mulligans
    As I was saying to Ray today; your club will henceforth be known as the Knocklyon Joggers+1 :P

hahaha id be careful with names like that meno - didnt ray put 40 something seconds into you today? :) the lad was out drinking 'till the wee hours too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

JW Sweetman

Im in town, had my run, but ive sat down and now im completely bollo*ed. Sick all week, club do last night, work from 9 this morning. I need my bed.

Enjoy!

Oh you really are a desperate bunch. Your best 5k runner is a chick. Jaysus.

Mulligans
    hahaha id be careful with names like that meno - didnt ray put 40 something seconds into you today? :) the lad was out drinking 'till the wee hours too.....

I was only using it as a tempo run ;)

Mulligans
    TRR wrote: »
    Oh you really are a desperate bunch. Your best 5k runner is a chick. Jaysus.

That chick came frighteningly close to your most recent 5K time :). She was a 37 min 10K runner last year. Really small and light. Most likely next year she'll be handing you your ass from 10 miles to the marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

JW Sweetman
    That chick came frighteningly close to your most recent 5K time :). She was a 37 min 10K runner last year. Really small and light. Most likely next year she'll be handing you your ass from 10 miles to the marathon.

Yawn. If that happens ill eat humble pie. It won't. Maybe you can ask her to spearhead your 10 mile team next year seen as she will be first home. Does she bitch slap you losers in training and call you pussies names?

Mulligans
    Yawn. If that happens ill eat humble pie. It won't. Maybe you can ask her to spearhead your 10 mile team next year seen as she will be first home. Does she bitch slap you losers in training and call you pussies names?

Haha, all the banter in the beers thread is coming from 2 fellas not even going. Are you sitting with a few cans at home having a 'virtual beers'? :D

In other news, myself Blocky and Quirky will definitely be in hte pub by 8pm to commandeer our corner of the pub, so don't be afraid of coming along punctually.

Mulligans

hahahaha why do you think im not down to training much? :)

Re: TRR chicking: its a real possibility. If a woman gets anywhere near a mans 5K/10k time while both are marathon training she usually hockeys him over a marathon. Hockeys. She is improving at a rate of knots. If that happens, we'll think about accepting your membership application. Maybe.

F*ck this, I havent left the office yet, i'll grab some grub and come go to the palace for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

JW Sweetman
    Haha, all the banter in the beers thread is coming from 2 fellas not even going. Are you sitting with a few cans at home having a 'virtual beers'? :D

In other news, myself Blocky and Quirky will definitely be in hte pub by 8pm to commandeer our corner of the pub, so don't be afraid of coming along punctually.

Will be after 11 for me. Hope ye are still there :-p

Advertisement