Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

mossym wrote: »
    out of solidarity, i think this looks much better.
    bmc-timemachine-tm01-dura-ace-di2.jpg

and you can see where they pretty much copied the main design

the power of the personal lens

Multiple manufacturers use the same designs for TT and track. As far as I'm concerned it's not ugly, and therefore felt the need to defend it on the basis that only roadies were criticising its looks while the trackies were defending it. I never comment on TT bikes because they're not part of my world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

why?
    title of thread:images of ugly

is it ugly cause there are no better options/limited options? maybe
    is it ugly cause it's function over form: maybe

do either of them stop it being ugly? nope.

Agreed. Bike ugly is a universal constant and must be weeded out, for the good of the general culture. Unquestionably, at the top of the list are tri bikes.

quagmire.jpg

BTW, I think thats a toothbrush and toothpaste holder, at the rear of the saddle.

14lrnld.jpg

why?
    title of thread:images of ugly

is it ugly cause there are no better options/limited options? maybe
    is it ugly cause it's function over form: maybe

do either of them stop it being ugly? nope.

If we were to apply a similar logic to the images of beauty, it'd have to be half as long a thread after all the generic and rank "reader's wives" were deleted on the basis that their only defence is "She's mine and I love her".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

If we were to apply a similar logic to the images of beauty, it'd have to be half as long a thread after all the generic and rank "reader's wives" were deleted on the basis that their only defence is "She's mine and I love her".

i once posted my rose in there thinking it was an image of beauty. now, i'd agree, i think all the generic bikes should be out of there. in fact, you could almost argue anyone on here owning one immediately rules it out as an image of beauty. kind of like the next door neighbour driving in a ferrari would take the gloss of it.

so i;d have no issue applying the same logic. the main difference with the posters bikes you mentioned is that they have no redeeming features, form or function. i agree with you on the function of the BMC, but that still doesn't change the form

That's ok. Considering the TT bike leanings I'll take it as a compliment. Insert smiley face in case someone doesn't recognise it as a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

gadetra wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the stem/headset situation (eww) it mightn't be too bad.

The back wheel all the way back in the dropouts doesn't help it. Its the opposite thing you'd want to do when taking a pic promoting a bike!

I love it. It's a little crazy

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Whoever did this should be done for cruelty against frames:

_57_zpsjpyc3u5j.jpg

So much wrong. Poor, poor frame, whatever did it do to deserve such treatment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That's ok. Considering the TT bike leanings I'll take it as a compliment. Insert smiley face in case someone doesn't recognise it as a joke.

You forgot to insert the smiley face. I don't know what to think now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,027 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd love to hear you give a best man's speech.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

One picture from recent holidays. Lake Michigan in the background, if your eyes can get that far
    21445600299_2c50362a51_c.jpg.

I have a picture of the owner wearing a TriAthLonSyd jersey and pointy aero helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

What is goin on with your bars. Are they always that high?

Ah I see not yours... wtf is going on there???

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    wtf is going on there???

Triathletes :rolleyes:

Idleater wrote: »
    Triathletes :rolleyes:

He's no triathlete. There wasn't a circus in town and a clown out for a spin by chance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Anyone ever see a colostomy bag on a bike?

wolf_jue.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Idleater wrote: »
    One picture from recent holidays. Lake Michigan in the background, if your eyes can get that far

snip

I have a picture of the owner wearing a TriAthLonSyd jersey and pointy aero helmet.

Is that the bike path in Chicago? It must be the freddiest place in the universe, every second person seems to have the baggy shorts/backwards baseball cap/Zipp carbon wheels combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Anyone ever see a colostomy bag on a bike?

wolf_jue.jpg

Never a 6ft tall one

Is that the bike path in Chicago? It must be the freddiest place in the universe, every second person seems to have the baggy shorts/backwards baseball cap/Zipp carbon wheels combo.

Yup and yes. It's tattoos now. Caps are so last year. More aero too.

Deep section aero wheels with a kick stand and what looks like a number plate.. :eek: 12039592_10153054603005614_5460918553256371896_n.jpg?oh=ed96b0b53e418d251e122e6be3411b47&oe=5661578E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Er. And a battery.

• Advertisement

OldBean wrote: »
    Er. And a battery.

Maybe it's an aero battery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

and a kickfeckingstand.

bleurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Great. 0735 and I've already encountered the subject matter for tonight's nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    What is goin on with your bars. Are they always that high?

Ah I see not yours... wtf is going on there???

its a recurring team with triathletes
    $_57.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

It's just those bars and the space on that bike that is so wrong otherwise it could be a good bike if you got some nice butterfly or straight bars and got rid of that silly spacer which really makes it look so unstable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

retrotec-cover.jpg

Beach cruiser/cross bike?

Yeah, nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

12096438_929298790470326_960494866225224676_n.jpg?oh=8045d198bc200d3c89a044d4bb07c04a&oe=56A97F82

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Ah it's so sad to see such nice components on a vomit of a frame.

• Advertisement

tumblr_nvkwkhTBmQ1qe5viao1_1280.png

No words.

Advertisement