Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The Freebirds are on there way to victory so I am giving my vote to The Nation. They don't deserve to lose 8-1, they were a great stable that had some memorable feuds, had some great members and were one of the rare stables that actually changed over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    The Freebirds are on there way to victory so I am giving my vote to The Nation. They don't deserve to lose 8-1, they were a great stable that had some memorable feuds, had some great members and were one of the rare stables that actually changed over the years.

Such as?

The feuds I recall are:

Ahmed Johnston/Road Warriors - Because of the Wrestlemania (13?) Chicago Street Fight.
    DOA/Los Boricuas - Just to give them something to do.
    DX - Mostly the DX parody, cant remember much else from it.

Very little was actually down to the Nation. It was 99% their opponents.

The best thing to come from the Nation was Rock's heel turn. Everything else, I think people are looking at with rose tinted glasses.

Also dont get how the constantly changing line up is a plus. They were around for about 2 years and yet had three major line up changes.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Such as?

The feuds I recall are:

Ahmed Johnston/Road Warriors - Because of the Wrestlemania (13?) Chicago Street Fight.
    DOA/Los Boricuas - Just to give them something to do.
    DX - Mostly the DX parody, cant remember much else from it.

Very little was actually down to the Nation. It was 99% their opponents.

The best thing to come from the Nation was Rock's heel turn. Everything else, I think people are looking at with rose tinted glasses.
    Look, you're more than welcome to vote Freebirds, if it were closer I would have thought a lot more about it. I don't judge you for anything you voted so don't judge my vote.

Ahmed Johnson feud wasn't just because of him, nor were any of the feuds really. If you geniunely think that then there is something clearly wrong with how you see the history of the WWF. Most people here would say The Nation deserve their semi-final berth. I don't like the way you judge people when they don't vote with you, that's the height of arrogance.

Look, you're more than welcome to vote Freebirds, if it were closer I would have thought a lot more about it. I don't judge you for anything you voted so don't judge my vote.

Ahmed Johnson feud wasn't just because of him, nor were any of the feuds really. If you geniunely think that then there is something clearly wrong with how you see the history of the WWF. Most people here would say The Nation deserve their semi-final berth. I don't like the way you judge people when they don't vote with you, that's the height of arrogance.

I actually voted for the Horsemen but that's neither here nor there :p

I asked for an example because I dont recall any. Any I recall was mostly down their opposition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nation because they had the Rock

They had Mark Henry

They were controversial in foundation.

Like the shield I want to vote for them as they were a favourite from my youth.

Horsey men have it in the nosebag but tbh nothing about anything I ever came across interested me like a whiff of what the Rock was cooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Nation for me

Loved the horsemen and its well documented that they are the blueprint for many heel factions over the last 20 years.

But I loved the NOD.

They has feuds with Ahmed Johnson, Stone Cold, Ken Shamrock, Eachother, D-X. I always had a soft spot for them and Id love to see them go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The comeback was well and truly on for the Nation there but the 24 hour time limit expired to give the Four Horsemen a 7-4 victory in a very competitive match. Next up decides the last finalist and how fitting is it that we have two real life, as well as on-screen, bitter rivals in charge of their stables. It's semi final #2.

Hart Foundation
    'Dungeon Dynamos

tumblr_m2qfr0SCes1ru9pk8o1_400.jpg
    Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Jim' The Anvil' Neidhart, Brian Pillman

VS

The Corporation
    'Don't Cross The Boss'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcpMEYjKGzaTw3Md03y56XCJVdBAzNk7BvrFKRZqf_v7Uehyw3

Vince McMahon, The Rock, Ken Shamrock, Bossman, Test, Big Show, Shane McMahon Sgt Slaughter, Pat Patterson, Gerald Briscoe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bret and the boys. The link and history between the five-some added so much depth. When it was full blown degenerate DX versus The Hart Foundation. The Harts were the good guys. Back when good guys had a genuine likeability. Great look, theme, angles, talent.

The Hart Foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Hart foundation.

More entertaining overall
    More talent overall
    More Bret overall

The Hart Foundation.

They were one of the biggest stables of the 90's and put the Corporation to shame. Better wrestlers, both overall and individually, along with far better matches and more worthwhile storylines. Bar Austin, which would have happened anyway, the Corporation never really contributed much to the shows.

• Advertisement

So far it's 2-0 to the Hart Foundation. Have we any more voters out there? Who deserves to make it to the grand final and be in with a shot of being called greatest stable of all?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

my vote goes to the Hart Foundation what a stable, the better talented stable and Bret Hart was gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the corporation were my favorite stable probably ever and made the attitude era so memorable so they get my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I was such a Bret fan as a kid, am such a Owen fan now and have a soft spot for the Bulldog. Their work stands up to the test of time. As good as they were and as central to the attitude era the Corporate was, I still have to vote for the Hart Foundation.

Has to be the Harts for me

Was a huge Bret and Owen fan in the mid 90's and was shocked when Hart turned heel. The formation of a talented faction by blood and heritage was a genius idea and Bret became one hell of a bitter heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Harts for me, Bret was brilliant back then and liked the basics of a traditional stable opposed to the corporation who were probably only the third best stable during the attitude era.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Corporation gets my vote here, it did bring us one of best feuds/rivalry ever in WWE in SCSA Vs. Vince

The Corporation

Same reason as in the other semi-final, it should be a bit closer than 8-2. The Hart's will go through and deserve to do so, however The Corporation made a star out of SCSA (and anyone who thinks he could of got THAT over without them is wrong, it also set up one of the greatest rivalries of all time between the Rock and SCSA) and made Mick Foley a real fan favourite, not just to the hardcore fans but to everyone as well as being one of two parties (Mick Foley being the other) that put WWF over WCW in the ratings.

The Corporation

Same reason as in the other semi-final, it should be a bit closer than 8-2. The Hart's will go through and deserve to do so, however The Corporation made a star out of SCSA (and anyone who thinks he could of got THAT over without them is wrong, it also set up one of the greatest rivalries of all time between the Rock and SCSA) and made Mick Foley a real fan favourite, not just to the hardcore fans but to everyone as well as being one of two parties (Mick Foley being the other) that put WWF over WCW in the ratings.

Stone cold was over before the corporation

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Stone cold was over before the corporation
    Yet both his biggest pops came while feuding with The Corporation. 1st was when he came down and helped Mankind win the title, 2nd was when we faced McMahon in the Steel Cage match at St. Valentine's Day Massacre. He was over, but not that over.

• Advertisement

Hart foundation for same reasons as last few times, held all the titles, had three of my favourite wrestlers of all time in Bret, Owen and Bulldog

And so the Foundation break some corporate hearts to compete against a legendary faction in the grand final of PW Stable Warz. This one is going to be an absolute slobber knocker. Both crews have had immense support from the off, it's a tough bout to call. It's up to YOU to crown the champion.

PW STABLE WARZ FINAL
    The Rules

-Choose your favourite faction.

-The faction with most votes after 24 hours will be declared the champion.

- In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker/sudden death will be issued.

The Four Horsemen

'Throw Up The Fingers'

1000w

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon (Manager)

Selected Accolades* :
    NWA/WCW World Heavyweight Championship- Ric Flair (14 times)
    WCW United States Championship- Ric Flair (1 time), Barry Windham (1 time), Tully Blanchard (1 time)
    WCW Tag Team Championships- Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard (2 Times)
    WCW Television Championship- Arn Anderson (4 times), Tully Blanchard (3 times), Barry Windham (1 time)
    WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2012
    PWI Manager of the Year- J.J. Dillon

VS

Hart Foundation
    'Dungeon Dynamos

tumblr_m2qfr0SCes1ru9pk8o1_400.jpg

Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Jim' The Anvil' Neidhart, Brian Pillman

Selected Accolades:
    WWF Championship - Bret 'Hitman' Hart
    WWF Intercontinental Championship - Owen Hart (2 times)
    WWF European Championship -British Bulldog
    WWF Tag Team Championship- Owen Hart and The British Bulldog
    WWF Hall of Fame- Bret 'Hitman' Hart (Class of 2006)
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter Award- Feud of the Year 1997

*Denotes accolades won when in the group

10 hours remain til votes are closed...

Seen it last night before going to bed but decided to think about it. I'm still trying to decide. :pac:

That's the sign of a worthy final. Hopefully we get a flourish of votes and make this a decent contest :)

Hart Foundation. Three of my fave wrestlers (as I keep mentioning) and were more relevant to me personally.

Horsey men are historically the better faction but as this a representation of this board and personal preference I have to vote hart foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I grew up watching the Hart Foundation. I was a huge Bret Hart fan as a kid. I've become a huge Owen Hart fan in recent years after watching back old matches. It has to be the Hart Foundation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

This was a super tough one horsemen are a super stable obv, but I just can't get away for the Hart Foundation.

I'm too much of a Bret fan and had such admiration for all of the members. Had Montreal not happened they would be unquestionably the no.1 stable of all time imo. As it is they are my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hart Foundation, was a massive Bret fan and so in watching old videos have came across them more and found them to be the real deal and perhaps the best stable ever, liked the family setup of it all too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Earlier in this game I picked the Horsemen to win the lot but I'm going to vote with my Heart (see what I done there) on this one and say The Hart Foundation.

They were red hot back in the day. Holding all the gold, being heels in the states and faces everywhere else and having brilliant feuds with Austin, Del Wilkes and of course DX. Summerslam 97 is still one of my favorite PPV'S and they were at the centre of it all. Bulldog/Shamrock in the dog food match, Owen/Austin in the kiss my ass match and Bret vowing to never wrestle in the US again if he couldn't beat taker for the world title with the added dimension of Michaels reffing the match. Just brings back great memories of a great time in wrestling.

Advertisement