Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options
  • 11-11-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

This is a direct sequel to (or rip-off of!) Shagnastii's Tag Team Tournament. I'm putting a little tweak on this tournie though... It's a blind one. That means you won't know who is in it until the draws come up. I've gone with 64 stables here so it's a smaller number but with greater variables.
    The Rules

-You may use any incarnation of the stable you choose.
    e.g. D-Generation X may refer to the Shawn Michaels led original or the Triple H led DX Army.

-First stable to attain FOUR votes advances through round one. Later rounds will need more votes.

-This is a bracketed tournament. All draws are final.

If posters could include a couple of words as to why they're sending their choice through, that would be great but most of all have fun. I will start this if we get interest so let's say four 'Thanks' is my indication to make the draw!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well you got a thanks from me to steal Shagnasti's thunder :D though perhaps you mightwant to wait until his tag version is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

On a complete side not BH this could be a good thread for the soccer forum , a players timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

well you got a thanks from me to steal Shagnasti's thunder :D though perhaps you mightwant to wait until his tag version is complete

I appreciate that BH but he said at the weekend that he was going on holidays on Tuesday (meaning tomorrow). Your call though Bossman.

PS See you at Around The Horn '13 :)

campo wrote: »
    On a complete side not BH this could be a good thread for the soccer forum , a players timeline

could be, I generally prefer running such things here (not only cos of you fine folk but also) as that board moves so fast it can be hard sometimes but I def think that idea could work with Soccer (and prob other sports)

Omackeral wrote: »
    I appreciate that BH but he said at the weekend that he was going on holidays on Tuesday (meaning tomorrow). Your call though Bossman.

PS See you at Around The Horn '13 :)

didn't see that myself (guess we will have to wait to see the Buldogs vs Steiners result) but it was more a suggestion than a mod order anyway and one that perhaps I might not have even made had I seen his post about heading off for a few days.

and yep ATH13, it's on like donkey kong Biatch!

(FYI I might run the thing but ive a terrible record of getting blinsided by questions that completely stump me whenever I take part as I get someone else to ask the Q for that match up)

• Advertisement

Ok so with the PW Tag Team Tournament going on hiatus for the time being, the PW Stable Warz have gotten the green light to go ahead. All your favourites are present, as well as some proper stinkers!
    [Fink Voice]So all let's find out who drew Numbers 1&2.[/Fink Voice]

Natural Born Thrillers

'Straight Off The Powerplant Conveyer Belt'
    05.jpg
    Mike Sanders,Shawn O Haire,Chuck Palumbo,Shawn Stasiak,Mark Jindrak,Johnny The Bull,Reno

VS

The Hart Foundation

'The Dungeon Dynamos'
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwO-K_yy8VxU5VAL14n8cLg2Dn_ily7PerA411j3ua24Q6YK6c7w
    Bret Hart, Owen Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith,Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart, Brian Pillman

Raw youth and potential vs one of the most revered families of them all. What way is match one going to go? First to four advances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Hart foundation.
    A bit more longevity and they would have been awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Harts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hart Foundation for obvious reasons, it's members just made more of an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

The Harts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The Hart Foundation, I think people have said most of what needs to be said, also man-for-man by far more talented

• Registered Users Posts: 85,912 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Hart Foundation

yup the Harts for me, it just reads like a better more important group with bigger names etc and was just that in comparison

It's a whitepinkwash as the Harts sail through 4-0 against the greenhorns. Let's see what Match 2 has in store for us.
    Team Canada

'T-N-Eh?'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM6mth4Rd4_NCxkZ6RPmd0VQSyS98s8UVk1NS4Xo9GgzCnaXdbdQ
    Petey Williams, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Johnny Devine, A1, Scott D'Amore (Manager)

VS

The Network

'Cyrus's Virus'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1XVvdN6009XOxyhJSfKr6MTgB9FGV4d1xp7wevEI89w1RvBl1JA
    Cyrus,Steve Corino,Jack Victory,Rhino, Tajiri, Scotty Anton

Not exactly one to set the tournament alight but there are a few good characters in each stable. Have at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Awh man The Network, that takes me back! I'm a King of Oldschool mark, so they get my vote!

Awh man The Network, that takes me back! I'm a King of Oldschool mark, so they get my vote!

ever since I drafted him one year (these recent games on the board really hit home how much the boards PW draft have effected my interest and knowledge about certain wrestlers) I've been the same and thus my vote goes the same ECW & Network way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Team Canada, I just know them better than The Network (I didn't see much ECW growing up).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Oh Canada!!!

They gave us Bobby Roode and some great tag matches. What more can you ask for from a midcard stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The Network- Loved ECW and all the extreme wrestling. Also Rhino was one of my favorites in ECW so that swings the vote for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The Network for me!

• Advertisement

ECW's Network dispose of TNA's Team Canada in this interpromotional and international gang fight. They march on into Round 2. More matches to come this evening folks....

You should be ashamed of yourselves for eliminating Bobby Roode in favour of Rhino :p

Team Canada or is it loo late :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Team Canada or is it loo late :o

Sorry Liz they were cancelled by The Network!! There'll be a few fresh matches at 8pm, so get your revenge there if you can :p

Let's move on to Match 3 in the 2013 Stable Warz Tournament. Up next we have a power-hungry stable who have held plenty of gold against an Attitude Era favourite.

La Familia
    'Keeping it in the Family'

familia.jpg
    Edge,Vicky Guerrero,Chavo Guerrero,Curt Hawkins,Zack Ryder,Bam Neely

vs

D-Generation X
    'Are You Ready...to Suck It!?'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxe-O_9-NLKphKPTS_QwtFd9f1KT9tJ7jogyWe6WHapVijezDDsg
    Original Incarnation: Shawn Michaels,HHH,Chyna,Rick Rude
    DX Army: HHH,X-Pac,New Age Outlaws,Chyna

This is going to be a massacre.

DX by a rather large distance.

DX. I'd kind of forgotten La Familia was even a thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Yeah, can only be DX

DX

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

DX and if you cant deal with that
    I have 2 words for you!!!

Advertisement