Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Found this online:
    10269523_10202739236356166_5306140525209034922_n.jpg

Those new MGs are really, really bad and cheap looking. Are we getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Found this online:

To be fair the maestro, Montego were pretty woeful cars too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

For 30 years of development you'd have thought they'd improve their 0-60 time at least :pac:

Today I bought a fuel pump

Tomorrow, this :pac:

hC6059923

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Found this online:

I think the MG 6 looks nice from the outside

They are supposed to be nice to drive in terms of ride, handling and steering etc from what I recall from road test reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The Maestro looks heaps better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Did they make a v8 version of this one like the zt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Some students in Dubai have it rough, beats the hell out of the majority of clapped out motors you see most students driving over here.

http://interestingengineering.com/american-university-of-dubais-carpark-is-practically-a-showroom-for-luxury-cars/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

So it passed with advisory on the tyres, three of them were over 6 years old. About 180 to put right so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

So it passed with advisory on the tyres, three of them were over 6 years old. About 180 to put right so not too bad.

So, does this mean you're not changing the Yaris? :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Looks are debatable but in the flesh they look poorly proportioned. Not nice.

Interior fit and finish depends on how late build the car is, they're not wearing well however and parts and issues can take an age to sort.

They do drive ok though from my test drive.

I understand they are clearing the remaining stock and not continuing petrol sales at least. The diesel has only just broken 100 registrations, I don't say sales as these are mostly dealer demos and development cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

GvidoR wrote: »
    So, does this mean you're not changing the Yaris? :( :pac:

Oh it's being changed alright, when I don't know. Threw a year's tax on it too so I have at least a year to get a new car before spending much more on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Found this online:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10269523_10202739236356166_5306140525209034922_n.jpg

do you know i think they actually look pretty ok. we are obviously going to diss anything in here that isn't a 10 year old BMW, but they are certainly on a visual par with most other asian marques.

OK, the 3 is a bit **** looking, but the 5 and 6 are certainly more exciting looking imo. i doubt they will be in Ireland anytime soon until they invest in some weedy diesel options. i think some still use some of the k-series engines?

the 5 looks more than a little like the i30. i'd certainly drive one over a dacia or some other budget crap like that if they are priced in that area.

MG 3

mg-mg3-review-part-1-17-09-13.jpg

MG 5
    mg5-china-blue-1-458x306.jpg

MG 6
    MG6.jpg

The 5 is atrocious according to people who have driven them.

I'm not slating them with no experience. I've driven a 6 and 3 and wanted to buy one but the more I hear and see the more I'm certain they're shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

The three looks like a version of the new clio.....to me anyways

The 5 is the nicest looking of them all tbh, the 3 is awful looking.

Who is selling the red 156 in Galway?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Who is selling the red 156 in Galway?

Supergurrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Supergurrier?

TurboGurrier, Super's brother :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xj-series-xjs-v12-convertible/6168074

Is it just me or is the seller a liar and not a smart one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You mean because of the milage? The milage in the service book is preprinted and probably recommendations and the thing was just stamped regardless of the milage.

• Advertisement

Eh where are the options to format a post? They're not showing up for me?

You mean because of the milage? The milage in the service book is preprinted and probably recommendations and the thing was just stamped regardless of the milage.

Ah that makes sense. I was looking at it for ages going 'what in gods name is going on there?' It's really obvious now thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Eh where are the options to format a post? They're not showing up for me?

You on mobile or browser version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Anyone else wake up to more Sahara dust? Thought it was the mangey farmers but everything is covered here.

Thought that was all done and dusted by now :confused:
    14002767703_95da2c0dcf_b.jpg
    13960736226_913f8e6943_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I was going to say the same, Stupid dust everywhere, car was washed and then 2 days later dust.
    304295.jpg

I got it last time, but not this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

that looks more like the dust of 2 or 3 hot but windy days followed by a night of rain... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doing a lot more long distance driving lately. Impressed with fuel consumption - 46ish mpg. Not bad for 1.8 petrol.
    Did an average of 51mpg from limerick to kilkee and back a few weeks ago.
    Driving economically is very boring though.

0yc5.jpg
    Time will tell if I get this much out of this tankful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

that looks more like the dust of 2 or 3 hot but windy days followed by a night of rain... :pac:

No rain in this part of the world last night, I was up for most of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'm in cork for the week studying. So i said I'd go up to blackwater motors as I needed a few things. I try to avoid my local vw garage as they are seriously expensive, know nothing about cars always make mistakes, and are just generally hard to deal with. I have to say I was very impressed with blackwater motors the parts guy was sound out and there prices compared to my local vw garage were so much cheaper. I needed front and rear wipers they were over 20 euro cheaper :eek: for what I can only assume are the same genuine Volkswagen parts. Blackwater also have ordered the centre cap ill get that next week it's only a tenner. I know where I'll be going in the future I couldn't fault them now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement