Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

dna_leri wrote: »
    Rave: deleting a negative comment before hitting "post" (twice today) and avoiding upsetting this happy forum today. :)

Mods must have a field day reading all my deleted posts that get beyond my self restrained :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

ah go on, go on, go on :D:D

No, I'll be a model of restraint just go and kick the dog or something.

No animals real or imaginary were hurt in the making of this post - I don't even own a dog but I would defy one to snap at my heels on my run tonight, grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Ososlo wrote: »
    I think the forum is better than ever for this reason!

The forum is far from improved in my opinion. Many to the better posters have left/stopped posting as much/given up posting altogether.

It's never been about faster vs. slower runners. It's about work ethic, dedication and the willingness to improve and learn. No one cares about the times you have achieved. None of us are world-beaters.

There is one big reason in which this forum has improved. Everyone knows who and what I am taking about. There's no division. People's insecurities cause divisions (see one or two threads at the moment). I have yet to see bad or nasty advice given out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The forum is far from improved in my opinion. Many to the better posters have left/stopped posting as much/given up posting altogether.

It's never been about faster vs. slower runners. It's about work ethic, dedication and the willingness to improve and learn. No one cares about the times you have achieved. None of us are world-beaters.

There is one big reason in which this forum has improved. Everyone knows who and what I am taking about. There's no division. People's insecurities cause divisions (see one or two threads at the moment). I have yet to see bad or nasty advice given out.
    I don't think I ever said otherwise.

I believe there is more than 'one big reason' it's improved. Everyone knows who and what I'm talking about too!

All I said was that posters of varying abilities seem to post more on logs of other posters of differing abilities to them these days compared to when I first started posting. No one seems to get what I'm saying. I must be very bad at expressing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Mod Snip

This really is the type of poster we are missing isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

ECOLII wrote: »
    Mods must have a field day reading all my deleted posts that get beyond my self restrained :o

What!? Can the mods see deleted posts?

Ah sh*te, more proof reading before I make posts from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

Ahmm, wrong poster. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

I wouldn't say as a whole it has gotten better or worse to be honest I think its just people's perceptions have change which suits some posters and other's not.

Personally, my perception of the forum has changed a little but that is more to do with me and how I approach the forum sadly than the forum itself and I would probably say the same with you.

That's a joke right?

Ahmm, wrong poster. :D

Nearly always 2 sides to every story ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Are you saying that Dublin Runner is Dr Quirkey ?? Think you are wrong there if that is what you are saying.

That's a joke right?

Which part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Rave: the evenings are getting really bright now and soon I'll be able to run in the Phonenix Park after work! I can't fcuking wait:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RAVE: The close thread button.

Mod: Closing this thread temporarily until one of us mods can be bothered to clean it up.

Do not create a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Thread re-opened. Lets get back on topic, this is not the thread for discussing whether or not the forum has or hasn't improved. We had a feedback thread before Xmas where people could give their opinion. Also, please don't drag up all that other crap again. One of the issues that came up in the feedback thread was that Mods be more clear with warnings etc, so this is an official warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,963 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rave: Quickest thread clean up ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

walshb wrote: »
    Rave: Quickest thread clean up ever!

We don't get paid half enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Rave: the evenings are getting really bright now and soon I'll be able to run in the Phonenix Park after work! I can't fcuking wait:)

This

From last year but will never stop being funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

A perfect opportunity to have one half of these Rant/Rave threads closed for good and you blew it mods. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Mission Accomplished. I can't wait too!! The hour is changing here on Sunday. Couple of weeks before you guys. suckers!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

rave: being almost as confused about what went on above as I am by the Bohermeen sweepstakes :)

...and there's a grand stretch.... there, I said it!

annapr wrote: »
    rave: being almost as confused about what went on above as I am by the Bohermeen sweepstakes :)

...and there's a grand stretch.... there, I said it!

Bohermeen is easy - just support a good cause :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

rave: just back from the most amazing sports massage, I had forgotten how good it feels to be in that much pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,963 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Firedance wrote: »
    rave: just back from the most amazing sports massage, I had forgotten how good it feels to be in that much pain :D

The massages was that painful, or the injury it was treating?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

walshb wrote: »
    The massages was that painful, or the injury it was treating?:confused:

the massage was painful but the results are worth it :)

Ended up having an old friend staying with us unexpectedly on Wednesday - cue a long night of playing tunes, singing songs (him only on this one :) reminiscing and generally talking sh1te into the wee hours - magic (not so easy getting kids up for school & myself to work on the bike after 2 hours sleep - getting too old for that :rolleyes:)

Rave - connecting with what is important to you - good for the soul
    Little rant - still have the headache :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Home made flapjacks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

Bunny rabbits - love seeing them on my runs around Tralee

See a lot of them in Corkagh park too - they're so tame you'd almost worry about them getting caught. Would hate to see them end up in the pot :eek:

• Advertisement

Saw a few last year doing the Tralee marathon. You doing it? Better than those small dogs with those invisible leads!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement