Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cull cows

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Any reports from first sales of new year as regards culls.have a few going tomorrow that I've been feeding for the last month.all weigh 600 kg to over 700 kg

price falls have to be expected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

price falls have to be expected :(

Was in a mart today and thought any feeding type cows going through the ring made enough

simx wrote: »
    Was in a mart today and thought any feeding type cows going through the ring made enough

cull cows are funny, guys fight tooth and nail over them even when they would be considered dear. It just depends on who is watching who in the ring. logically on average the price has to fall.

cull cows are funny, guys fight tooth and nail over them even when they would be considered dear. It just depends on who is watching who in the ring. logically on average the price has to fall.

I know what ya mean, lads do have ridiculous arguments over bad cows at times and let goodish type cows slip from under them

I know what ya mean, lads do have ridiculous arguments over bad cows at times and let goodish type cows slip from under them

its an addiction - buying and feeding cull cows

• Advertisement

its an addiction - buying and feeding cull cows

Don't start, I do have a bit of that addiction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Put a figure on it simx.mine whilst fleshy will take a bit of feeding.hoping for an average price somewhere between 750 and 800.

Don't start, I do have a bit of that addiction :(

think some of the factories are offering a free place in rehab with the current price

Put a figure on it simx.mine whilst fleshy will take a bit of feeding.hoping for an average price somewhere between 750 and 800.

Like bob said the other day a cow can be all belly or all tits but assuming they are good enough types going by today I'd reckon you should achieve the 750 anyway, you said yours are 600kg up to 700kg+, goodish type cows today that needed feeding made circa €1.20/kg, hard to say anything without seeing the cows in question

think some of the factories are offering a free place in rehab with the current price

Did you hear any quotes for cows yet this year? Didn't hear anything myself as I'm too depressed to ask

• Advertisement

Like bob said the other day a cow can be all belly or all tits but assuming they are good enough types going by today I'd reckon you should achieve the 750 anyway, you said yours are 600kg up to 700kg+, goodish type cows today that needed feeding made circa €1.20/kg, hard to say anything without seeing the cows in question

Thanks for that,often amazed at lads buying cows in the mart amazed at how money can be made off them considering the amount of feed that goes into them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Did you hear any quotes for cows yet this year? Didn't hear anything myself as I'm too depressed to ask
    cows in demand by one factoy agent anyway o gwade cows 3.15 no demand fo bulls though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

cute geoge wrote: »
    cows in demand by one factoy agent anyway o gwade cows 3.15 no demand fo bulls though

O gwade? Who was quoting you? Porky Pig?:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

O gwade? Who was quoting you? Porky Pig?:D:D:D:D

Wong. Elmer Fudd.

What's a Wok?
    Something you throw at a Wabbit when you don't have a Wifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

sent 3 to factory this morning, 2 that where dry and being fed a while and 1 extremely slow milker that was doing my head in straight out of the parlour, should have cheque by friday and will let ye know the price

Any reports from first sales of new year as regards culls.have a few going tomorrow that I've been feeding for the last month.all weigh 600 kg to over 700 kg

Off I went with me cows this am and the fookin mart closed,mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

:D:D

Off I went with me cows this am and the fookin mart closed,mad

:D:D thats old age for you

Right funny bunch ye are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stand on!!

Dry cows were a good trade in athenry today . Plenty of men for them dont know how they stick at it at all

• Advertisement

Had a local dealer in the yard offered me 600 and then 650 ,think I'll hold tuff till next Tuesday .heard from a few sources that culls have been a good trade so far

Had a local dealer in the yard offered me 600 and then 650 ,think I'll hold tuff till next Tuesday .heard from a few sources that culls have been a good trade so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

I wonder what local dealer is offering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

biddy2013 wrote: »
    I wonder what local dealer is offering :)

Think he offered it to him four times before he gave up and left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Maybe he had 4 dealers offering 600 then 650

...maybe you should hold tuff till next Tuesday... Trade is supposed to be good for cull cows or so I've heard

maxxuumman wrote: »
    Mahoney, what are you trying to say... You had 4 dealers in your yard offering 600 then 650 or the one dealer offer 600 then 650 four times.

Jaysus had to go back a bit to figure out what the lot of ye were been so feckin smart about!!!.anywY no just one dealer from local mart offered 600 ,not a hope ,then 650.im holding out for 750 or they're off to mart next Tuesday.im blaming my i phone for the duplicate posts,not the whizz kid using it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

biddy2013 wrote: »
    sent 3 to factory this morning, 2 that where dry and being fed a while and 1 extremely slow milker that was doing my head in straight out of the parlour, should have cheque by friday and will let ye know the price

how did you fare out?

clear herd test yesterday, must do a of a clear out when I get the cards back,

Advertisement