Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's mental how bad it seems to be going. How the hell do they not know how many people are going to be logging in? Other MMO's get absolutely slated at launch for this kind of thing....at 10 year old Warcraft should not have these issues.

I'm purely commenting on what i've read though, and haven't had a chance to login yet. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Game is now stuck on 90% loading...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I so hope this is real lol, cant stop laughing. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12618234450

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    It's mental how bad it seems to be going. How the hell do they not know how many people are going to be logging in? Other MMO's get absolutely slated at launch for this kind of thing....at 10 year old Warcraft should not have these issues.

I'm purely commenting on what i've read though, and haven't had a chance to login yet. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

Oh it's as bad as you've read.

First of all, you need to get in to the Blasted Lands to talk to Khadgar. Khadgar won't load because the game needs to load the other players first. Everyone is standing on Khadgar, so you can't even click him.

When you finally get in to WoD, and through the nice little intro, you get stuck on more quests that don't work or piles of players all looking for that one NPC or that one quest objective that can only be used by one person at a time.

Wanna' use your garrison? Sorry, nope. Have a 90% loading screen instead.

Wanna' use the taxi service? lolnope. You can sit idle on the taxi mount unable to do anything until the game disconnects.

Wanna' quest? The server is lagging so bad you'll be killed by invisible mobs during your lagspikes.

Wanna log in? Here's a 4000 people queue to get through first.

Oh, and finally, ERROR: Unable to load Character Select, ERROR: A Character with that name already exists. Appalling isn't even the word. Why they didn't dynamically deploy extra servers using the cloud I don't know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems people on US servers are getting a lot less issues than we are here in EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I find it funny that I had absolutely no issues last night - no lag or queue to join a highly populated server. Tonight I managed to get on after a 2 minute queue (something which made me slightly nostalgic) but after the cinematic where you leave the starting WoD area and commandeer a boat I got d/c.

Now when logging the loading screen gets to 90% and I get a "Character Not Found" error. I should've foreseen this instead of looking forward to sinking my teeth into WoD all day.

Things have gotten worse. I played at launch and used cross-realm with some boardsies to get on to a lower pop realm. No problems.

Today though? Even when I'm CR with my boardsie bros I'm still getting issues. It's mad!

328259.jpg

Waited 50 mins to get on only to realise that I logged out from my garrison and now I can't log back in as they're down.... You can't write this sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I gave up trying to play, will try again in a few days

I gave up when i got to the garrison, literally 300+ people standing around one npc trying to update quest, If only they put this into the WoD trailer, nobody would have resubed :rolleyes:

nix wrote: »
    I gave up trying to play, will try again in a few days

I gave up when i got to the garrison, literally 300+ people standing around one npc trying to update quest, If only they put this into the WoD trailer, nobody would have resubed :rolleyes:

I don't think this was part of the plan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This is completely unacceptable. I could understand if it was a free to play game but how much are Blizz raking in every year in WoW subs? About time they put some money into their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i've started levelling an alt from scratch, by the time i hit 90 the xpac should be playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    This is completely unacceptable. I could understand if it was a free to play game but how much are Blizz raking in every year in WoW subs? About time they put some money into their servers.

yep. i'm no network engineer or anything, but surely they could have sprung for some extra server capacity, just temporarily for the first few weeks. you would expect this rubbish from a new mmo, but this is wow's 5th xpac and they have a huge team and an obscene amount of money.

froog wrote: »
    yep. i'm no network engineer or anything, but surely they could have sprung for some extra server capacity, just temporarily for the first few weeks. you would expect this rubbish from a new mmo, but this is wow's 5th xpac and they have a huge team and an obscene amount of money.

It looks like a communication problem between the world server and clients. To state the obvious.

The bandwith just isnt there for blizz. Whatever T1 they're using need more capacity methinks.

Edit: looks like they're actually being DDOS'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The game was running fine for me last night, then garrisons went down and the areas im trying to quest in is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Level 100! 603 Retri Ilevel. 594 Holy. garrisons still down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i Laugh at your 2200

sitting at 5200

acXImNr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Portal to WOD has stopped working lol.

The big problem they have is the content lorewise ect is pretty cool and so many want to play it but i think they went a bit mad with all the merged realms ect and created a problem for themselves.

Servers are going down from 6am to 10am for 'maintenance'

Vicxas wrote: »
    Servers are going down from 6am to 10am for 'maintenance'

Good. They need to take everything offline and sort it out and then pop them back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Calhoun wrote: »
    I so hope this is real lol, cant stop laughing. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12618234450

Ohh lawd the fanboys jumping to blizzard defence in that thread. How are people this stupid? Sound like they sleep with their Vanilla CD cases under their pillows. It's embarrassing. :eek:

I play on Magtheridon. Had about 1300 queue at 5pm yesterday. Took about 30 min to log in. Still only leveling DK at 75 though so had no problems while playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tempted to give wow another go...

stopped a few weeks after cata launch, got burned out. think i have 2 toons at 85, or had, went onto my battlenet account eysterday and my account for wow is status 'banned'.

you thin kthe account was hacked in my 5 year or so break?!

if i buy mo pand wod do i get a free level 90 boost?!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    tempted to give wow another go...

stopped a few weeks after cata launch, got burned out. think i have 2 toons at 85, or had, went onto my battlenet account eysterday and my account for wow is status 'banned'.

you thin kthe account was hacked in my 5 year or so break?!

if i buy mo pand wod do i get a free level 90 boost?!

Probably hacked at one point. Just contact support to get it sorted.
    I thought the 90 boost was pre-order only but checking the site, it's not. You get it with every purchase of WOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thanks i just opened a support ticket with photo id ect.
    hopefully my toons weren't deleted, if i get back into it i think i wil lactually play cata, then mop then wod, no point in skipping zones with the free boost.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    thanks i just opened a support ticket with photo id ect.
    hopefully my toons weren't deleted, if i get back into it i think i wil lactually play cata, then mop then wod, no point in skipping zones with the free boost.

Run them once at least. Some fun quests in there.

After that you can decide to boost another character or not.

Don't log back in yet. Servers are cream crackered again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got onto Executus for an hour or so last night, and didn't have any issues (bar a 30 minutes). Got through some of the starter quest before logging off. Hopefully it'll be ok after the servers come back tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Kiith wrote: »
    I got onto Executus for an hour or so last night, and didn't have any issues (bar a 30 minutes). Got through some of the starter quest before logging off. Hopefully it'll be ok after the servers come back tonight.

The starter zone was absolutely fine last night, it seems to be a semi-phased area. Once you complete that and get to Shadowmoon Valley, thats where the trouble starts, it seems. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colinmac

Getting into the Garrison was basically impossible last night - couldn't phase in. Kept getting Transfer Aborted: Instance not found!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

colinmac wrote: »
    Getting into the Garrison was basically impossible last night - couldn't phase in. Kept getting Transfer Aborted: Instance not found!

Yup, apparently it's the same again today...

Advertisement