Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

In terms of lvl90 healing I've two disco priests (obsessive I know, but ones is alliance and one horde, and I adore the mitigation and dmg/heal mechanics) and a healadin all at 90, and I have to work a little harder on the less geared one, but its still daftly easy as the only restriction currently is how fast you can get the heals cast. Regen is not even slightly an issue at all.

The only issues I've had were on a Heroic (aka the new normal) Garrosh kill with tank deaths due to poor tanking skills, and similarly poorly performing tanks in the new Blackrock Spire. I've healed my mates boosted 90 tank in there and it was fine, but then he's a career tank so he plays the **** out of a prot warrior regardless of gear :P Other issue is random group dps standing in bad stuff and then balling me out when they die, esp boss 2 & 3 in there, but thats an error behind the keyboard and not on me :) Same for Ordos, some folk dont seem to realise that they can't stand in the fire and yell at the healers to plough through the dmg anymore.

So yeah healing is imo in a daftly easy place - providing you are not being expected to heal 'Stupid'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, anyone have any good tips for making a bit of gold before WoD next week? Should i just finish off the questing zones in MoP, or would i be better off farming? I'd like to get around 20k before it launches, as it apparently costs around 13k just to max out your Garrisons.

Also, will WoD go live at midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    So, anyone have any good tips for making a bit of gold before WoD next week? Should i just finish off the questing zones in MoP, or would i be better off farming? I'd like to get around 20k before it launches, as it apparently costs around 13k just to max out your Garrisons.

You will rake in money during WoD. Everything has moved from Justice points to gold now, so they've boosted the amount you make at 100 to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Does anyone know if the price for a boost to level 90 will drop at WOD release? I got accepted to a decent raiding guild on another server and have 2 friends in it I used to play with during WOTLK but the cost of race change + server transfer is only a 5'er less the a boost at the moment and would prefer to play a different class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They have already done their discounts on char moves and transfers ect, they did not include the level 90 boost in that.

They could do it but my thinking is that as the game will be at its most populated at launch and many folk will return, you will have more that want to use it or have the free one already. So why discount a revenue stream at the peak of when people will use it.

I think you may have demand working against you.

Yeah I thought that but my other line of thought was 1-90 isn't a level cap boost anymore so why should it cost as much? :p
    Was that a recent addition or available throughout MOP?

killanena wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that but my other line of thought was 1-90 isn't a level cap boost anymore so why should it cost as much? :p
    Was that a recent addition or available throughout MOP?

It only came out i think in 5.4, so it not been available for the whole of MOP but maybe the past 6 months or so (could be longer).

Your line of thinking would differ from blizzards, the level 90 boost was never supposed to be a cap boost it was was a catchup boost for newer players as level 1-100 is daunting. They have put in place new starter content for level 90's to get them up to speed.

Did you not get one when you upgraded to WOD everyone got one.

I did and used it before I was invited to the guild I mentioned on another server and opposite faction so Im trying to decent between a realm and faction change or just boost a new character.

I also don't have anything worth bring over in a server swap because its a fresh new account.

killanena wrote: »
    I did and used it before I was invited to the guild I mentioned on another server and opposite faction so Im trying to decent between a realm and faction change or just boost a new character.

I also don't have anything worth bring over in a server swap because its a fresh new account.

Really it's a question of what you have done on the char and if you want to play something else.

If you op it allot of time in are you willing to start over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Also, will WoD go live at midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning?

Usually goes live at midnight, theres always a massive scramble for the starting quests :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

shockwave wrote: »
    Usually goes live at midnight, theres always a massive scramble for the starting quests :D

Yup its launching midnight respectively for each time zone.

As with MOP the servers will have a light restart, potentially not even required and will then go straight away. I remember with MOP the quest just appeared and I lashed through starting quests to get ahead, had no downtime.

If you have digital copy WOD is basically ready to go now, so launch night, you will get the starting quest pop up at 12:01 or there will be a light restart. I think they are aiming for it to go live on the fly, which would be great.

I've a log full of dailies to hand in, gain rake loads of xp, then skip starting quests to get ahead of the mob ;)

I'm not looking forward to my garrison and all that comes with it. Feel complete 'meh' about it as a feature, just like Pet battles.

The garrison is one of the things i am so looking forward to, its like the farm which helped you out and you could enhance your piece of the world. The pet battles were just another form of competitive play this is a little different, i cant wait.

Like if you look at all major MMO's they all have player bases. In WoW you can do as little or as much as you want with them.

Warcraft 4? Warcraft 1-3 with updated visuals and cinematics? God i'd love that.

Will be interesting to see what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TBH all I want from Blizzcon is a date for WC3 being added to the launcher. Was confirmed as a project within blizzard near competion, where WC3 and Frozen throne would be added to the launcher, to play on Windows 7 based systems with upgrades res'

Warcraft 4 would be pretty awesome though. I played Warcraft before Starcraft, so could never get into SC properly. SC2 was good but required to much time investment and is all about the macro up until high level of solo. Warcraft was all about the micro and imo more skillfull (contraversial)

Ah yes, the patented Blizzard "Soon TM"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ah yes, the patented Blizzard "Soon TM"

Actually belongs to CCP who made EvE Online, they invented soon™

So instead of grinding gold, I just levelled my Hunter from 75 to 90 over the weekend. Bloody hell you can level quick when you get stuck into questing. Also made around 8k, so have a small sum now to keep me going.

Now to grind out some skins over the week to get to max leatherworking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone know if WOD is live at midnight tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colinmac

Based on the information that has been provided on forums and the official release date notes, WoD Should go live at 00:00 Central European Time (CET) on Thursday 13th November

In Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Vatican City, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland WoD should become active at 00:00 CET 13th November (Midnight between the 12th - 13th)

In UK, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Portugal, Faroe Islands and Canary Islands WoD should become active at 23:00 GMT on Wednesday the 12th November as these places are CET-1

In Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russia - Kaliningrad, Turkey, Ukraine WoD will become active at 01:00 EET on Thursday 13th November as these places are CET+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

so its 23:00 tomorrow?

****, i was hoping it would be live at midnight tonight >=(

Yeah, 11pm tomorrow. Might get an hour or two in once it launches, but will have to wait till Friday night to play anymore.

Luckily I'm on bottle watch for my newborn tomorrow night so ill be up anyway :)

Planning to try boss a few levels at launch, sleep and tackle it Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Changed around my work to get finished at 9am. I play US so 8am release for them.
    Get stuck in and crash some time on Sunday!!

Where does the starter quest begin? It's with Khadgar somewhere, right?

Where does the starter quest begin? It's with Khadgar somewhere, right?

You'll probably get a popup quest to send you to the blasted lands.

Anyone else excited? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Vicxas wrote: »
    You'll probably get a popup quest to send you to the blasted lands.

Anyone else excited? :)

Yeah! Its seems like a lifetime ago since MoP launched. Its been a decent expansion but ran its course a long time ago. Was 5.4 for about a year!

Advertisement